ClubAdventist is back!

Sanctification

Woody

Here is my original thought and concern:

It seems that the moment we come to Christ ... we are sanctified. We are set apart for His purpose.

From that moment on we are in the process of sanctification which is just simply growth and learning IN Him. And it continues on until we die. It is never completed. Once we see our Saviour come in the clouds ... we will then become complete and fit for heaven.

For sure ... our previous sanctification will not fit us for heaven. For it is not complete. But we can't have sin in Heaven so when Christ comes he has to do something about it so ... he then changes us to perfection.

We are all on this road of sanctification. Yes, even the nonchristians. For God is drawing all men unto Himself. This is also sanctification. It may be infantile ... but it is still the process of bringing you to Christ.

I would just like to see less focus on this topic of sanctification and be willing to accept that we are all on the same road. We are all being called to be more sanctified. Let's not get down on those who are not as sanctified as the next. For it will all change once we see His Face.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Interesting thoughts Redwood.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes pk. I think the proper study of Sanctification is exciting. It's far better than the myths that are out there.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. Thanks Stan. How true. And all of us can do that.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

*most* of you can do that..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

All 'can'. But not all 'will'.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I like that Stan, simple and to the point.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Pam only with the Lord's help can the rest of us do that also, so your not alone in this, always remember that.

pk

phkrause

Do we need to belong to or attend a Church to do this "beholding?" What doctrines do we ascribe to in order to "behold" Him?

To me; all this talk and definition about justification has made many grow cold towards others who see things differently or act differently. I don't see how sanctification can be anything but coming to Jesus just the way you are, and with an honest heart. This allows everyone to be a part of it.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Cool Thought there Overaged. We come to Him as we are.

I believe in Hematology.

Hey thanks Brother! But I have to admit, I learned it from you years ago.

And I can trust"

TU

So good to have you back here.

I believe in Hematology.

LOL, I noticed that you really like this little dude who keeps digging his ear! chickendance

And I can trust"