ClubAdventist is back!

Environmentalism and Adventist Stewardship

Y'all come Doug. We'll have kind of a party. I'll jump some barrels with my motorcycle the wife will serve chips & salsa bwink

heeheehee

Sivart my boy, you don't make no sense, but keep tryin,

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl

• doug yowell

• olger

• Members

Okay. I stand by my statement. You can postulate the results of an impossibility, but you cannot make a determinate statement.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

briefly reading through this thread and some of the comments,

i guess we read about those angels recording every word, making an impress of our very nature which will be shown to us on that horrible day but havent really let it give an appropriate picture of just how horrified we will be when we see that.

and how utterly too late it will be.

worse yet if we could do it over again we would. we just want to be able to live eternally and do it.

im going to go get some Jesus and try to get this nasty taste out of my mouth. by beholding we become. :(

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Originally Posted By: doug yowell
What about the freedom of choice? Doesn't every person answer only to God for their choice to destroy the environment or to protect it? I'm tired of all these right wing extremists trying to tell me what to do with my own backyard. Pave paradise and put up a parking lot!!!
Don't you mean left-wing extremists? The right-wing ones are complaining like you. Boo-hoo, someone doesn't want other people to pollute. The tragedy of it all. Next thing you know they'll be enforcing anti-murder laws.
No, I mean right wing extremists! They may look like left wing extremists but we know that all extremists can only be right wing fundamentalists. So they are just trying to discredit those "moderates",(who,as we all know,are all nice,respectful,honest,caring,and tolerent people who would never think of supporting one of those barbaric anti-murder laws)by posing as left wing extremists.Don't be fooled! It works on the same formula as global warming.

So if we want to do something with nature, we can do whatever we want, but if we make a big mess, let it alone and don't mess with it!

Are you even trying to understand what I am saying? Are you unable to imagine someone trying to clean up a mess and making more of a mess? Sivart? You've probably done this yourself in your lifetime. I have.

Dealing with the Valdez oil spill, they had very little experience with the task ahead of them. Nothing of this magnitude had ever happened. 11 million gallons of oil, not in the open ocean, (where it would have taken care of itself, incidentally) but in Prince William Sound. They made some mistakes, which is only to be expected.

Some damage was done to wildlife ecosystems by the cleanup methods, one of which was heated, high pressure water cleanup along beaches. This disrupted some wildlife more than the oil itself. The way this was ascertained was by comparing the cleanup efforts with "setaside" sites which had no cleanup efforts. Kind of a "placebo" study.

I am not promoting ecological irresponsibility except for jokingly with Richard and Olgar. I am simply pointing out that this is not all cut and dried "end-of-life-as-we-know-it catastrophe, as many environmentalists would have us believe. The earth is amazingly resilient. I remind you that all the flora and fauna you see anywhere on the entire planet is what came back from total destruction of everything except what would fit on the ark.

Think about the magnitude of the comeback this planet made! EVERY ecosystem was destroyed.

By the way, Olgar, Richard and I are old enough to remember when half the dirt and gravel roads in the US were oiled at least once a year. Millions of gallons of oil spread all over the country.

That's why we're so weird. That and the tractor running over our heads.

If it is too hard for you to understand that just because something comes out of the ground it is not necessarily good to pour it into environments which are not accustomed to being covered in it, try to imagine a very large oil spill. Imagine that you have to clean up this mess that someone else made. And then listen to the intellectually superior people tell you to stop telling them what to do with their oil in their ocean.

Or, if you'd like, imagine that I am your neighbor and I am burning tires right under your window, which is stuck so that you cannot shut it. I'm sure you would be perfectly satisfied to inhale known carcinogens just because they are my tires being burned on my land and you tree-hugging extremists can't tell me what to do.

Sometimes people have to be told what to do because otherwise they'd be burning tires all over the place. Which is why we have pollution laws. Most people have apparently not figured out that what they do actually affects other people. Shocking, I know.

Gittin your pants in a wad I see bwink

When you get older you'll know when people are havin fun with you.

`oG

Y'all come Doug. We'll have kind of a party. I'll jump some barrels with my motorcycle the wife will serve chips & salsa bwink

heeheehee

oG

No thanks,Olger. Those guys dress in black suits and wear their sunglasses at night!

heeheehee

oG

I'll be there Og, maybe I can jump a few barrels myself. We could roast some vege-links too. That would go good with the chips and salsa.

Originally Posted By: olger

heeheehee

oG

I'll be there Og, maybe I can jump a few barrels myself. We could roast some vege-links too. That would go good with the chips and salsa.

Sounds good.....tire-smoked vege-links.Mmmmmmmmm!Maybe I will come.

Jesus Good.

Holier than thou bad.

youre entitled to your opinion. :)

by-the-way, i see Jesus and the angels crying right now.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Quote:
I'm asking for your ideas, inputs, thoughts and suggestions for this presentation. I'm sure that the collective mindpower on this site should provide me with an abundance of useful help!

After reading through the inarticulate and divisive comments made to a rather well thought out question.... are you sure about your 'collective mindpower' being apropos?

LOLLOLLOL

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

"It is the belief of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that humankind was created in the image of God, and is thus to represent God as His steward and to manage the natural environment in a faithful and fruitful way. Nature is a gift from God."

This statement is taken from the "Statement on Stewardship of the Environment" which was approved and voted on by the GC in 1996. http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/statements/main_stat10.html

My question is this: when was the last time you can remember hearing a sermon on Stewardship that focused on this aspect?

As the new Stewardship Director in my church, I'm planning on delivering a "co-op" sermon with the former Stewardship Director. He will present the usual traditional view centering on finances, tithes and offerings. I will present the care of the environment side.

I'm asking for your ideas, inputs, thoughts and suggestions for this presentation. I'm sure that the collective mindpower on this site should provide me with an abundance of useful help! bwink

Alex

Some kidding aside,Alex,I am interested in what recommendations you would focus on if You were to address SDA's and their responsibility to the environment? What do you think is important? What is not?

Please stay clear of AlGore and Global Warming theories.

(just my two cents worth of suggestions)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members
bigsigh another one down the drain

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Excerpts below from the book "Education" to reassure those who fear that the earth is going to go belly-up under the onslaught of humanity.

Upon all created things is seen the impress of the Deity. Nature testifies of God. The susceptible mind, brought in contact with the miracle and mystery of the universe, cannot but recognize the working of infinite power. Not by its own inherent energy does the earth produce its bounties, and year by year continue its motion around the sun. An unseen hand guides the planets in their circuit of the heavens. A mysterious life pervades all nature--a life that sustains the unnumbered worlds throughout immensity, that lives in the insect atom which floats in the summer breeze, that wings the flight of the swallow and feeds the young ravens which cry, that brings the bud to blossom and the flower to fruit.

The unseen is illustrated by the seen. On everything upon the earth, from the loftiest tree of the forest to the lichen that clings to the rock, from the boundless ocean to the tiniest shell on the shore, they may behold the image and superscription of God.

Yet even the child, as he comes in contact with nature, will see cause for perplexity. He cannot but recognize the working of antagonistic forces. It is here that nature needs an interpreter. Looking upon the evil manifest even in the natural world, all have the same sorrowful lesson to learn--"An enemy hath done this." Matthew 13:28.

Only in the light that shines from Calvary can nature's teaching be read aright. Through the story of Bethlehem and the cross let it be shown how good is to conquer evil, and how every blessing that comes to us is a gift of redemption.

In brier and thorn, in thistle and tare, is represented the evil that blights and mars. In singing bird and opening blossom, in rain and sunshine, in summer breeze and gentle dew, in ten thousand objects in nature, from the oak of the forest to the violet that blossoms at its root, is seen the love that restores. And nature still speaks to us of God's goodness.

The seed has in itself a germinating principle, a principle that God Himself has implanted; yet if left to itself the seed would have no power to spring up. Man has his part to act in promoting the growth of the grain; but there is a point beyond which he can accomplish nothing. He must depend upon One who has connected the sowing and the reaping by wonderful links of His own omnipotent power.

There is life in the seed, there is power in the soil; but unless infinite power is exercised day and night, the seed will yield no return. The showers of rain must refresh the thirsty fields; the sun must impart warmth; electricity must be conveyed to the buried seed. The life which the Creator has implanted, He alone can call forth. Every seed grows, every plant develops, by the power of God.

-------------

Do not worry. God is taking a vital interest in this planet and sustains us by His infinite power.

DSCF3785.jpg

Hey olger, don't you know that's bad? You didn't think I knew where you lived did you?

That's too nice a place !!

try this

body.jpg

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
HPIM1643.JPG

Olger's fence row, where the tires used to be.

Them was good tires bwink

You sickos.

DO you realize that now you're going to have to RETIRE?

Originally Posted By: karl
You sickos.

DO you realize that now you're going to have to RETIRE?

I've always wanted to do that. Ever since I was a little boy.

Does this mean that it's too late to bring the vege-links?How bout marshmallows?