ClubAdventist is back!

Who says prayer doesn't work?

nuff sed

My daughter-in-law works for an extremely large corporation. She is in charge of a department she created. Unfortunately, about a year ago a 'new boss' was placed over several departments including hers. She has found it increasingly difficult to accede to his demands and to run the department the way HE demands. He changes the schedules she spends hours making up and does not consult her when he makes the changes which are impossible to complete. She and her husband have been fasting and praying desperately for the past two weeks that the Lord would intercede for the benefit of the corporation and my daughter-in-law's sanity. On Friday she was informed that the "Boss" in question was requested to resign .

Thank you Lord....!!!!

• Members

My daughter-in-law works for an extremely large corporation. She is in charge of a department she created. Unfortunately, about a year ago a 'new boss' was placed over several departments including hers. She has found it increasingly difficult to accede to his demands and to run the department the way HE demands. He changes the schedules she spends hours making up and does not consult her when he makes the changes which are impossible to complete. She and her husband have been fasting and praying desperately for the past two weeks that the Lord would intercede for the benefit of the corporation and my daughter-in-law's sanity. On Friday she was informed that the "Boss" in question was requested to resign .

Thank you Lord....!!!!

Praise the Lord Gladussee. The Lord answers all prays. It might not be how, when, where, etc. Or it could be no. But no is still an answer.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

To the original post ... I would ask for a definition of 'work'.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

It seems pretty plain to me Woody. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

It's obvious what Gladussee means. Please don't drag the poison of combativeness from the rest of this forum into the prayer forum. No one should ever have to defend themselves or their choice of words here.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Obviously not. But when someone says that prayer works for them ... it means something different to one person compared to another. Perhaps you misunderstood my question.

I am not aware of anyone here believing that prayer doesn't work. But, how does it work? Clearly God answers all prayer. I think that we need to acknowledge it more than we do ... not just when we get the answer we want. The more praise to God ... the better.

For instance ... I just got an email from my son. I had been praying for something very specific for him. But it turned out that God had something much better in mind. I am now thankful that God didn't answer my original prayer.

In a sense ... that is an answer to prayer !!!

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

OK. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

You are right. God doesn't always answer our prayers just the way we ask, because He knows better than we do what is best. In a situation such as Gladussee shared, sometimes He changes the situation, but sometimes He changes us. Either way, it always pays to bring every problem, big or small, to our Father.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis