ClubAdventist is back!

Obama and Nukes

Woody

What did you think of Obama's remarks about Nuclear Power?

He wants to quickly build more Nuclear Power plants. Plans to put billions of dollars into it.

Now ... as I recall ... a few years back ... we spent millions of dollars dismantling the nuclear power plants that we had. The enviornmentalists claimed they were not safe and that we didn't need that much power.

So ... please explain this one to me. I am confused.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

He wants to quickly build more Nuclear Power plants. Plans to put billions of dollars into it.

Now ... as I recall ... a few years back ... we spent millions of dollars dismantling the nuclear power plants that we had. The enviornmentalists claimed they were not safe and that we didn't need that much power.

Did he push for more drilling too? Drill drill drill.

• Moderators

Newer nuclear plants are much better in terms of safety than the old ones, so getting rid of the old ones was probably a good idea.

Plus we've had to take another look at nuclear power in the light of climate change and the fact that we're running out of fossil fuels. Smart environmentalists understand this: everything has costs and benefits, and now we understand a few more of the costs of fossil fuels they balance differently against the costs of nuclear.

And all the good Republicans should be delighted by a proposal to do a heap of new multibillion construction and technology in the US: it's a very pro-business idea!

Truth is important

When was the last time environmentalists made any sustainable sense? In my lifetime they have instructed me to panic because first the earth was cooling and then now because it is warming.

One of the real shots in the head to the anti-nuclear hysteria has been France. France is the ultimate mecca of the liberal world and it is 90% nuclear powered.

Originally Posted By: Woody

When was the last time environmentalists made any sustainable sense? In my lifetime they have instructed me to panic because first the earth was cooling and then now because it is warming.

One of the real shots in the head to the anti-nuclear hysteria has been France. France is the ultimate mecca of the liberal world and it is 90% nuclear powered.

I live three miles from a nuclear power plant.No one thinks anything about it.It has been here for years. Been a long time since anyone said how glad they were because we were running out of fossil fuel.That deadline has come and gone and we seem to keep finding more.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

I don't think anyone says they're *glad* we're running out of fossil fuels, it's just a fact. And it's a fact that, if it's not dealt with, will devastate world economies over the next couple of decades. Humans have only been using oil for a little over 100 years, and starting from zero have got to the point of using 85 million barrels a day, with that level climbing at a rapid rate as China and India industralise. The resource is very large, but it's finite.

Truth is important

I don't think anyone says they're *glad* we're running out of fossil fuels, it's just a fact. And it's a fact that, if it's not dealt with, will devastate world economies over the next couple of decades. Humans have only been using oil for a little over 100 years, and starting from zero have got to the point of using 85 million barrels a day, with that level climbing at a rapid rate as China and India industralise. The resource is very large, but it's finite.

We have been told a lot of "facts". Most of their "facts" have not been realized,in fact the opposite is true.

If this "global warming" doesn't quit I will freeze to death in MN if they don't come up with something new.

Perhaps now that their current hysteria hasn't worked so well maybe we can ...One of the real shots in the head to the anti-nuclear hysteria has been France. France is the ultimate mecca of the liberal world and it is 90% nuclear powered.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman