ClubAdventist is back!

California to raise Money has doubled or triped traffic Violation fine

Heads up….California needs money,

so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Please see the chart below.

Traffic Tickets Fines (01/06/2010)

Violation Total Fine Due

VC 12814.6 $214

Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214

Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796

Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436

Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22350 $214

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214

Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616

Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense

VC 23123(A) $256

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5(A) $148

Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124(B) $148

Minor drive using wireless phone.

VC 22500(I) $976

Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507.8(A through C) $976

Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507.8(A through C) $1876

Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708(A) $178

Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150(A and B) $178

Adequate muffler required

VC 27315(D and E) $148

Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360(A and B) $436

Mandatory use of child passenger restraints

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400 $178

Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.

VC 27803 (A through C) $178

Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506.3 $616

Commercial Driver - Log book violation

VC 4000(A) $256

No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159 $178

Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178

Display of license plates.

VC 9400 (A through C) $178

Commercial weight fees due.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Good Grief. Who can afford to pay for that. That is a house payment. More in most cases.

VC 22454(A) $616

No more rolling california stops people. The police needs to raid your pocketbook.

VC 16028(A) $796

How many of us notify DMV with 10 days of a change. I have not. I am current now but not in the past.

It costs more for a speeding ticket for driving 1 to 15 miles over the posted, than for speeding 16 or more miles over the posted speed limit? Soooo, if you see the red and blues in your rear view mirror, floor it, so you won't have as high a fine? LOL!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

Heads up….California needs money,

so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Please see the chart below.

Traffic Tickets Fines (01/06/2010)

Violation Total Fine Due

VC 12814.6 $214

Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214

VC 16028(A) $796

Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436

Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22350 $214

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214

VC 22454(A) $616

Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense

VC 23123(A) $256

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5(A) $148

Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124(B) $148

Minor drive using wireless phone.

VC 22500(I) $976

Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507.8(A through C) $976

VC 26708(A) $178

Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150(A and B) $178

Adequate muffler required

VC 27315(D and E) $148

Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360(A and B) $436

Mandatory use of child passenger restraints

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400 $178

Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.

VC 27803 (A through C) $178

Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506.3 $616

Commercial Driver - Log book violation

VC 4000(A) $256

No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159 $178

Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178

Display of license plates.

VC 9400 (A through C) $178

Commercial weight fees due.

Did you do all these?:)

A good way to raise money and keep the roads safer!

When the taxpayers say they will not tolerate more taxes, the bureaucrats raise money by charging you stuff that they can call by some other name than "tax."

When I lived in California, I always drove older cars because California taxes its citizens on the newness and the expensiveness of their cars. It's called a license registration fee. If it were truly a license registration fee, it should be the same for all vehicles. But it isn't because it is a tax. For instance, twenty years ago if my car was worth $30K, my registration was $500 per year. If my car was worth $10K it was $100.

This is clearly a tax on the value of your car, but they can call it something else and thus it goes on the books as not a tax.

Politicians.

In keeping with the feelings of our founding fathers, I've got very little tolerance for them.

LIZ

DID you noticed that the fine to pass a school bus

with flashing red lights is one of the lower fines

so much for safety for the children

dgrimm60

Maybe you are reading it wrong. The code and fine are above the explanation of the violation, not below it. Passing a school bus with flashing red lights is $616.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

When the taxpayers say they will not tolerate more taxes, the bureaucrats raise money by charging you stuff that they can call by some other name than "tax."

When I lived in California, I always drove older cars because California taxes its citizens on the newness and the expensiveness of their cars. It's called a license registration fee. If it were truly a license registration fee, it should be the same for all vehicles. But it isn't because it is a tax. For instance, twenty years ago if my car was worth $30K, my registration was $500 per year. If my car was worth $10K it was $100.

This is clearly a tax on the value of your car, but they can call it something else and thus it goes on the books as not a tax.

Politicians.

In keeping with the feelings of our founding fathers, I've got very little tolerance for them.

They do this in Michigan too. They tax them by both weight and value. My husband and I drive old vehicles, so it doesn't make a lot of difference to us. It's been many years since I have had a vehicle that had less than 100,000 miles on it already when I got it. The one I just started driving a few months ago has over 200,000 miles on it.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Good Grief. Who can afford to pay for that. That is a house payment. More in most cases.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

N.C. politicians must have learned the same trick. My vehicles are taxed every year, even though I only bought them once!!!

But then if we didn't demand for so many services, we wouldn't need to be taxed so much to pay for them.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: CyberGuy

The question is not ... "who can afford it". The question is why in the world would an abled body person do such a thing?

I think the fee of $1876 should be doubled.

See, that's what happens when people aren't truly born again. They keep on willfully violating the law!

bwink

N.C. politicians must have learned the same trick. My vehicles are taxed every year, even though I only bought them once!!!

But then if we didn't demand for so many services, we wouldn't need to be taxed so much to pay for them.

I agree. If we paid a private entity directly for those services, instead of expecting the government to do it for us, it would cost us a lot less. Except there are too many people who think they can't afford what they think they need or want, and that someone else who has more money should pay for it for them.

Catherine

• Moderators

Quote:
The one I just started driving a few months ago has over 200,000 miles on it.

How well does it run? And what make is it? I'm impressed!

Quote:
See, that's what happens when people aren't truly born again. They keep on willfully violating the law!

Yes Gerry. But each time they violate the law ... the penalty is less:

VC 26708(A) $178

Pretty soon ... you can just willfully violate without penalty. You are forgiven and told to go your way with a get out of jail free card. Freely Forgiven.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

offtopic It's a 1990 US Conversion Suburban. My husband bought it at a salvage yard in Texas. It had only minor damage, but probably more than an insurance company was willing to pay to fix it. My husband was going to sell it for a profit after he repaired the damage, but as he sold my previous winter vehicle last year, and I am not willing to drive a diesel, a small car, or ANYTHING with front wheel drive during the winter, he had to let me drive it instead.

It runs very well, and it has fewer things that don't work right than most of the ones I've driven in the last 10 years. Husband fixes the essential things, and I have to live with the little things, like a driver's door lock that jams if I try to unlock it from the inside with the lock switch on the driver's door. So far, that's the only complaint I have with this one. It drives very nicely too, with a smooth ride, lots of get up and go, very responsive brakes. I'm very happy with it.

In fact, I like it better than my summer diesel Suburban, hubby's prized project, with the iridescent paint job that cost $1000 just for the paint, that I have to uncover and then cover again, even in the rain, every time I drive it. Right now, I'm kind of happy that the winter beater season lasts longer than the summer show-off car season does.

backtopic Not trying to hijack the thread, just answering the question.

Catherine

Who is demanding them? I don't remember ever even wanting any service from government other than highways. Most of the "services" are dreamed up by bureaucrats to justify their salaries, and could be provided better by private enterprise.

How do you like the Internal Revenue "Service?"

Where have you been? There are people all over the place demanding that the government do this, that, or the other thing for us. Have you somehow missed these things?

Catherine

Where have you been? There are people all over the place demanding that the government do this, that, or the other thing for us. Have you somehow missed these things?

Yes but are you, personally, demanding services of the government? If not, you cannot be included in the "we" that Gerry was referring to as demanding all kinds of stuff.

Those of us who want to be part of the solution and who encourage a noble self-reliance in ourselves and others, are not demanding all kinds of services. We understand that they are much more expensive when supplied by government and so we look to private enterprise for these things. And we pay for what we want.

Conversely, we do NOT want to pay for what we don't want. This is why we need the free market and NOT government in charge of providing what we want. Therefore, I am encouraging you and others to vote against politicians who are in favor of government provision of such services. Throw the bums out. Vote AGAINST any new taxes and any new services. And, if you ever get the extremely rare opportunity, vote to get rid of "services" we're already paying for (like hand-outs to other countries, to the arts, to green-haired geeks on bikes in useless parades.

Throw the bums out. Vote AGAINST any new taxes and any new services. And, if you ever get the extremely rare opportunity, vote to get rid of "services" we're already paying for (like hand-outs to other countries, to the arts, to green-haired geeks on bikes in useless parades.
That doesn't sound judgmental at all. Nope, not one bit. :\

I agree; we shouldn't let the government pay for all of that. We should be supporting bums, other countries, art, and geeks personally. :)

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: karl
Throw the bums out. Vote AGAINST any new taxes and any new services. And, if you ever get the extremely rare opportunity, vote to get rid of "services" we're already paying for (like hand-outs to other countries, to the arts, to green-haired geeks on bikes in useless parades.
That doesn't sound judgmental at all. Nope, not one bit. :\

I agree; we shouldn't let the government pay for all of that. We should be supporting bums, other countries, art, and geeks personally. :)

Exactly, Sivart

When welfare is personal, it does good for both the giver and the receiver. When welfare is forcibly taken from someone by taxation and then handed out impersonally, it harms both giver and receiver. The receiver looks at it as an entitlement and the giver looks for ways to avoid giving by avoiding taxation. Fortunately, in this country, you can donate to causes that aid the worthy poor and reduce your taxable income by the size of the contribution. Who knows how long that will last.

Sivart, did you know that there are worthy poor, whom we should help with our contributions, and then there are those who are deliberately poor due to lack of personal ambition, whom we should not give financial assistance to?

Oh, I see what you mean, Karl. I wholeheartedly agree with both of you guys. That is why I am a Libertarian, and do everything I can to persuade everyone I know to vote for Libertarian candidates also. The last few elections, it's been getting easier.

Catherine

• Members

offtopic It's a 1990 US Conversion Suburban. My husband bought it at a salvage yard in Texas. It had only minor damage, but probably more than an insurance company was willing to pay to fix it. My husband was going to sell it for a profit after he repaired the damage, but as he sold my previous winter vehicle last year, and I am not willing to drive a diesel, a small car, or ANYTHING with front wheel drive during the winter, he had to let me drive it instead.

It runs very well, and it has fewer things that don't work right than most of the ones I've driven in the last 10 years. Husband fixes the essential things, and I have to live with the little things, like a driver's door lock that jams if I try to unlock it from the inside with the lock switch on the driver's door. So far, that's the only complaint I have with this one. It drives very nicely too, with a smooth ride, lots of get up and go, very responsive brakes. I'm very happy with it.

In fact, I like it better than my summer diesel Suburban, hubby's prized project, with the iridescent paint job that cost $1000 just for the paint, that I have to uncover and then cover again, even in the rain, every time I drive it. Right now, I'm kind of happy that the winter beater season lasts longer than the summer show-off car season does.

backtopic Not trying to hijack the thread, just answering the question.

LOL offtopic Just to add to lots of mileage, my uncle in germany used to buy old mercedes benes with at least 300,000-400,000 miles on them and than rebuild the engine and than put on another 300,000-400,000 miles on them. (diesels of course, he wouldn't buy anything else) He was in contruction, a forman.

backtopic

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60