ClubAdventist is back!

Why are so Many Women Unhappy?

CGMedley

Them women might be unhappy because they thought that feminist hoopla would be just the thing. But they were pushing against a wall that God Himself erected, and that can be a tiring thing I spose.

When men are men and women are women everybody's happy except Satan, but we don't care what he thinks anyhow.

oG

Og ... Are you trying to put women in 'their' place ... wherever that is?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• Twilight

• teresaq

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
If that your best attempt at theology you better keep your day job

Wait a minute ... let me check with someone who has a day job and see what she says.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Now this does not imply some type of victorian male dominance in the relationship, but more on that later...

But I am guessing within 5 more posts, that charge will be made...

Mark :-)

Actually I was thinking a bit further back... say the Neanderthal era... reyes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:
If that your best attempt at theology you better keep your day job.

When the first pain relief for women in childbirth was developed (ether, chloroform) and Queen Victoria was one of the first to avail herself of this innovation, there was a chorus of disapproval from theologians everywhere. They unanimously declared that this went against God's explicit decree that women were ordained to suffer pain in childbirth.

I have a feeling that if you were alive at that time, your voice would have been added to their number.

And I'm quite happy to stick to my day job, thank you very much - I've found (by observing those around me) that the more involved someone gets in theology, the more sarcastic, insulting, dismissive and disrespectful of others' points of view they become.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: aldona
I hope you're working hard in the sweat of your brow to ensure that your land is producing plenty of thorns and thistles.

After all, that is also part of the same curse stated by God in Genesis.

If you pull out those weeds, you are going against the direct word of God.

aldona

If that your best attempt at theology you better keep your day job.

g

And you, my friend, better get back up on the roof and stay there.

No theological stretch in Aldona's read of Scripture. It is most clearly the pronouncement of the curse of sin. God was simply identifying the consequences of their disobedience. It certainly wasn't proscriptive and was hardly a statement of His ideal for them. Those who seek to keep women under the thumb of God's curse, or more exactly, their own thumb, will ignore the full statement for what it really is - a curse upon us all.

So do you prefer to set your standards at the level of a curse or look a bit higher?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

I've found (by observing those around me) that the more involved someone gets in theology, the more sarcastic, insulting, dismissive and disrespectful of others' points of view they become.

that's for certain, and especially on this forum, and it's not only in the Theology section.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

So are you experiencing dissociative disorders?

And what would *you* know of dissociative disorders? HUH? I know a lot more than you do, and THAT's a fact.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Teresa, you sure gitcher tail in a knot pretty quick over nothing.

I know you been abused somehow, you keep referring to it. I'm dang sorry that happened, and I had been there I would have tried to stop it. But the time comes when we have to let go of the past in order to move forward.

oG

Would you PLEASE stop talking like some cowpoke hick from the sticks? It's annoying. You DO know proper English, don't you?

• Members

You know you don't mean that :)

oG

I MEAN EXACTLY WHAT I SAY HERE.

Thanks sis...uhh, ma'am..

Validating the title of this thread won't fulfill anybody neither.

Having more fun than an Adventist should be allowed to have,

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

I hate me. I had to give up my puppy yesterday.

• Members

Oh no rudy! really? Sorry to hear that. But you need to do what is best for you.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

Oh no rudy! really? Sorry to hear that. But you need to do what is best for you.

pk

I didn't want to, pk. My mom has Newly right now. I couldln't sleep and I couldn't take my meds when I needed to and everything fell apart on me yesterday. I had to call my doctor because I didn't know what to do or where to go or where I was or anything.

And now Olger is making fun of me. Please stop. please please please...

I never wanted to talk to Rudy in the first place, she jumped in on a dialogue between me & Teresa bwink. I still like Rudy.

This is a good thread that Carlos started.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Olger ... Just stop it. (As Stan would so eloquently state.)

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I didn't want to, pk. My mom has Newly right now. I couldln't sleep and I couldn't take my meds when I needed to and everything fell apart on me yesterday. I had to call my doctor because I didn't know what to do or where to go or where I was or anything.

And now Olger is making fun of me. Please stop. please please please...

As far as the dog is concerned, you did what you needed, no one should blame you for that. Sometimes things just don't go as we expect. As far as olger, just ignore him, some have no tact or consideration of others feelings.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The topic is interesting.

Some of the responses have been supercilious, sarcastic and inappropriate.

That is my opinion anyway.

The question I have is this:

If the statement that man would rule over his wife was just a mention of consequence in Genesis, then why did Paul state that the woman should be subject to the husband (in the Lord)?

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Maybe he was just a "chauvanist" and this is how we deal with inspired counsel?

We diminish the counsel, rather than look at ourselves and ask honest questions?

Mark :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...