ClubAdventist is back!

What did you think of Tiger's Apology?

Woody

I am not a sex addict or married to one but have experience with one and I don't want to go into detail on this forum of exactly what relation he was to me. Sex addiction is real. Regardless if we call it a disease, an illness, a malady, a sin or whatever... it is a condition.

None of this would exist if it weren't for our sinful condition.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• Woody

• rudywoofs (Pam)

Originally Posted By: Dr. Rich

Should Tiger's wife take him back? Can she trust him, or should she just have 'faith' in him?

They mean the exact same thing, thou bonehead. Dictionary.com is at your fingertips. Why be ignorant?

I don't see how Dr. Rich is a bonehead for asking a question. I wish there were more questions and less 'answers' here.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

ROBERT

IF by chance a person makes a wrong choice does that

mean that the person has no hope

dgrimm60

Excellent question dgrimm.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Not everyone who is not a Christian is unfaithful to their spouse. If Tiger puts as much effort into his marriage as he has in golf, he will have success. The sad part is that this will just be man's effort, with God not involved. His salvation will still not be possible in the religion he professes.

I recorded it, but I haven't watched it. I am not that interested.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

It was good for Tiger to make a public confession. His sin was public and his confession needed to be too. Not for our sake but for his. I was impressed.

Tiger's sin wasn't public until the media publicized it. I don't think he needed to make a public apology based on a private sin. But he chose to make a public apology, and I think it was heartfelt.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I would encourage all to watch it. I think it is a model apology. I think it's instructive. Hey ... you never know ... you might need to apologize at some point in the future and this example will give you an idea of what to do.

And please ... don't just read it. The words are not where it is at. The tone and mannerisms and expressions ... tell me that he is making a life change ... or at the minimum ... is attempting to.

I believe in Hematology.

I agree with you, Woody. I have seen this type of contrition on numerous occasions in AA meeting rooms. It is rare for me to see this type of humble brokenness outside of AA. Which is actually sad because each of us have probably done things that harmed other people which should have resulted in such a state but our pride would not let us go there.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Yes Shane. You know ... I can't count the number of public apologies by those in the public lately. But this is the first one I've seen in all of my years ... where I felt that broken sincerity and determination. I hope he hangs onto to it.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

You guys make me disgusted. You talk as if Tiger had to prove something to you personally. He didn't harm you or yours in any way. At least give him the common courtesy of letting it be in the past and stop this business of talking about who is sincere or not. Geez.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

thank you

You guys make me disgusted. You talk as if Tiger had to prove something to you personally. He didn't harm you or yours in any way.

Lucifer's one sin, the promotion of the love of self, hurt all of us. All sin kills....It does damaged to all of us....