ClubAdventist is back!

Ever Experienced a Miracle?

Bravus

• Moderators

I was wondering what miracles have been experienced by members. Share your stories here. I'm particularly interested in things that can be in some way externally verified as miraculous.

Truth is important

No Bravus. No miracles. Just planned and God ordained events.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The greatest miracle of all is a converted heart. I have also experienced other miracles. Once I heard an audible voice calling my name, and that day an invisible being pushed my arm down as one vehicle came by when I was hitchhiking, and then a head on collision happenned where two people were killed, which gave me food for thought, I knew Someone had saved my life, and later became a Christian.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

• Moderators

I have had several 'near miss' experiences too, not quite as dramatic as

Lauralea's, in my own and my children's lives. They would not stack up

as miracles if they were being used to qualify someone for sainthood but

I believe it was God's intervening power. Likewise some evidences of healing.

Note for Bravus....is this inspired by Sr Mary McKillop's story? :)

(This erstwhile Catholic nun who lived about 100 years ago has just been named as Australia's first saint by the Pope.)

Quote:
This erstwhile Catholic nun who lived about 100 years ago has just been named as Australia's first saint by the Pope.)

Are congrats in order?

Personally ... I think we are all saints. But I am glad that they are just beginning to recognize Australia.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Sammy is away at the moment, but I am going to post some excerpts from

the translated version of parts of his life story. He wrote this for an

Indonesian online group a few years ago, and he and I translated it into

English. It is not a formally published work. He worked as an evangelist in various Indonesian villages and towns in the 60's, these stories refer to that time.

The following Sunday we and some volunteer members were helping to take down the tent. I was carrying my audio visual equipment from the side room, helped by some of the church members, when a piece of plank measuring 4 metres by 40 cm, which we had used to hang the posters above the pulpit, suddenly fell down and hit me in the middle of my back. A member was dismantling the equipment without realizing I was passing underneath, so the plank fell and hit me in the middle of my back, like a guillotine. Several members who saw this screamed in fright and were sure I would be very badly hurt if not killed. But, praise the Lord, nothing at all happened to me, not even a scar on my back My father-in-law wanted to make sure that nothing harmful had happened to me and took me to a Chinese traditional medicine man and chiropractor. He examined me thoroughly and said that no harm had been done.

• Moderators

After working in Indonesia Sammy and his family including his son Victor moved to Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo, in the late 60's.

Another unforgettable event back in Sarawak, occurred one day as I drove toward Air Manis school in Serian. We had to travel over a very windy road, where the sides gave way to deep ravines. At one very sharp bend the left rear door where Victor was sitting was suddenly opened and I heard him scream, “DADDEEE” and felt the cool wind entering the car. But at the next instant I heard the door slammed back closed. When we reached a safe place I stopped the car and asked him what had happened. My son said that he was resting his hand on the door handle when it suddenly swung open and he was pulled out, but it suddenly swung back as if somebody was pushing it from outside. This was actually impossible because the bend was quite long and he should have been thrown out. Our two kids said that when the door was open they could hear angels singing. I asked Victor what song the angels were singing. He replied that it was a new song which he had never heard before. This convinced me that my son was telling the truth and not just imagining what had happened. Otherwise he would have answered by naming a song that he knew and used to sing, something like “All day, all night, angels watching over me”. But by answering that they did not know the song, they convinced me that they were telling the truth. We prayed and thanked the Lord for His protection and sending His angels to avoid a tragedy. I felt this was a good time to emphasize to the kids how true the promise of God in Psalm 34:7 that the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him to deliver them, but of course we should not take it as a generalization that the Lord will always save us from death. Sometimes in His mercy the Lord knows that death may be the best thing that could happen to us, so that we do not fall into temptation in the future and lose our souls. That is always why we end our prayers as did Jesus, Your will be done as You know what is best for us.

• Moderators

Quote:
This erstwhile Catholic nun who lived about 100 years ago has just been named as Australia's first saint by the Pope.)

Are congrats in order?

Personally ... I think we are all saints. But I am glad that they are just beginning to recognize Australia.

As I have never known or had anything to do with the lady in question, I cannot request personal congrats....and somehow also have no particular need for national congrats either :).

• Members

I do have a number of experience's that's for sure. One was I was running, not even sure anymore for what purpose, but when I ran across the street I looked to my left and I was right in the middle of a buses two headlights, not at one edge or the other, so there was no way he was not going to hit me. But in a split second I was on the other side of the street and had no idea at that moment how I didn't get hit. After I had a chance to think about it I knew that God had, or my heavenly angel, must have moved me right along. I've mentioned other things on other threads so I'm not going to mention them here. There are others. I might go into them when I have a chance.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Motorcycle accident about 10 years ago - a car pulled out of a parking lot directly in my path. I slammed straight into the side of the car with enough force to shear off the forks and bend the frame of the motorcycle. I was ejected from the bike, flipping over top of the car and landing on my back the other side of the car. I had the distinct sensation of being caught in someone's arms and being laid softly down on the road. I didn't even have a slight scuff mark on my helmet or leather jacket which lead the EMT's to ask me again if I was sure I had actually been launched over the car. Because of the end result and my own sensation while flipping through the air, I believe my angel caught me and laid me gently down on the road.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I have told this story here before but I will "streamline' it...

Driving in Peru in the Andes mountains at 14,000 ft. Narrow roads on the side of the mountain, no guard rail, 3,000 ft. drop if you go over. It is snowing.........Nobody told us to look out for the most dangerous creature in all of Peru...........the Peruvian truck-driver. He wants his half of the road in the middle and cares not one whit about what happens to you. At this particular spot a truck driver came around the pass and we veered off to avoid him. The Vehicle (1973 VW Microbus) skidded on the icy road and the back wheels went into the shallow ditch alongside. The vehicle was across the road with the front wheels pointing to the drop off. We put my wife behind the steering wheel and the two boys and I tried to rock the Microbus out as she shifted back and forth. All it did was spin. We got back into the vehicle to warm up. "What do we do now", someone asked. "Let's try the ABCs of prayer", was one suggestion...so that's what we did. "Ask,Believe, Claim"...

After thinking of some Bible verses that fit the situation, praying and claiming the promises I said, "Let's get out of here"... shifted and just sat there and spun the wheels. "Let's think of some more promises" someone said. So that's what we did. At the moment we said "Amen" my foot was to the floorboard on the clutch...which means that there was no power going to the wheels. The back end of the Microbus lifted up about a foot and moved forward about three feet. The hair on the back of my neck and arms lifted up and I looked at my wife and said, "Did you feel that?".. She nodded, I let out the clutch, tromped on the gas and up the road we went. We pulled over at a safe place to have a prayer of Thanksgiving. One of the boys asked, "Can we put some snow on the back bumper? "Why, I asked. "Because if it happens again I want to see the angel's hand prints!" A miracle??? I think so.........................'nuff sed

Our church had just sold its building and they didn't really have another place to gather for the first few Sabbaths. So about half of this church decided to go our sister church in town. The first Sabbath we went was Communion Sabbath. Their wasn't an empty seat in the Sanctuary and some of the younger men were standing in the back. This poor church had no idea we were coming and so they made the bread stretch by breaking what they already had in two, but the problem was the wine glasses, their was only enough for about half the congregation. We could all see that their wasn't enough wine glasses.

Before the service the Pastor stood up and said, "I don't know how we will make this work, but we will make it work somehow, even though we didn't know we would have so many guests, GOD knew." With that we entered the Communion service.

When we got to the wine, the deacons started passing it out, the congregation as a whole held its breath, and stared in wonder as person after person accepted their little cup, until every single person in the congregation had a cup, there were no extras, but every one was served.

That was a really special Sabbath.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Our church had just sold its building and they didn't really have another place to gather for the first few Sabbaths. So about half of this church decided to go our sister church in town. The first Sabbath we went was Communion Sabbath. Their wasn't an empty seat in the Sanctuary and some of the younger men were standing in the back. This poor church had no idea we were coming and so they made the bread stretch by breaking what they already had in two, but the problem was the wine glasses, their was only enough for about half the congregation. We could all see that their wasn't enough wine glasses.

Before the service the Pastor stood up and said, "I don't know how we will make this work, but we will make it work somehow, even though we didn't know we would have so many guests, GOD knew." With that we entered the Communion service.

When we got to the wine, the deacons started passing it out, the congregation as a whole held its breath, and stared in wonder as person after person accepted their little cup, until every single person in the congregation had a cup, there were no extras, but every one was served.

That was a really special Sabbath.

That was awesome, praise the Lord Liz.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Sometimes in His mercy the Lord knows that death may be the best thing that could happen to us, so that we do not fall into temptation in the future and lose our souls.

I've said this myself before, but any more I'm thinking maybe it isn't true.

If God knows you are going to sin in the future, are you safe to save?

We all fall into temptations. Yet, we are safe to save. Why? Because Jesus will change us at the second coming so that we will never sin again. I don't know of anyone who is worthy of saving now. For ... we all sin and we can't have sin in heaven.

Thus, we will have to be changed at the second coming. Just think of those who will be saved ... those who are on Ellen White's saved list. They were people who sinned right up till the day they died.

Did they have a death bed conversion? Would have never have sinned again if they had lived longer? I DON'T THINK SO.

No. Those who are saved are the ones who know WHO to go to for forgiveness of sins.

The Greatest Miracle will be the one at the end ... when we are changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye. :)

We will THEN ... no longer be corrupt. Check out the dictionary difinition of corrupt. What a miracle ... to see all these corrupt followers ... become incorrupt. !!!

PRaise God

I believe in Hematology.

Did they have a death bed conversion? Would have never have sinned again if they had lived longer? I DON'T THINK SO.

No. Those who are saved are the ones who know WHO to go to for forgiveness of sins.

Where is it written that God lets people die to keep them from being lost in the future?

In His Omniscience, He knows what we are going to do. TIme means nothing to Him, so if we were going to sin in the future, it is the same to Him as if we have already done it. Also if He can save us before we sin, why doesn't He do that with everybody?

Is it just a matter of timing? Or is it a matter of transformation?

• Moderators

Quote:

Where is it written that God lets people die to keep them from being lost in the future?

In His Omniscience, He knows what we are going to do.

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Cor 10:13 ESV

"We all went under the tree and sat down to look at the glory of the place, when Brethren Fitch and Stockman, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom, and whom God had laid in the grave to save them, came up to us and asked us what we had passed through while they were sleeping." CCh35:1

These two passages seem to open the possibility that that might happen. However, if God did that for one person, then He should do that for others. In which case, many people who would otherwise apostatize later, would be better off being laid to rest shortly after their baptism. That would raise some troubling questions.

• Moderators

If the goal was to prevent sin or backsliding I guess either would work but their first birth from their mothers would be most effective. Seems like a very dangerous concept to me...

Thanks all for your miracle stories. I had no particular agenda in asking - except that my wife is currently praying for a particular kind of quite specific miracle, and I want to believe it will happen... but I'm struggling.

Truth is important

I don't blame you being skeptical. I would too.

I believe in Hematology.

Back to Miracle stories....

I grew up on a farm, My Mom had asked me to go to town for a couple things. I hadn't drove a mile (1.6 km) when I hit a pile of loose grave (we had dirt roads). I went into the ditch, threw a barbed wire fence, threw a tall bush, THREW a electrical pole (12 inch wooden kind) BACK threw the fence again and up on the road. I made it back to the farm in the car and THEN it died. The car was TOTALLY caved in and not a scratch on me. Thinking back, I thought I had hit the breaks. The ditch was steep enough that had I hit the breaks I would NOT have gotten back up on the road after going threw the pole. I also thought there was someone standing(standing in a car?) right behind me when it happened. Had I stopped when I hit the pole, I could have been flattened.

there is no try