ClubAdventist is back!

Seven Lies of Organized Religion

Nicodema

I'm sharing these with my son & daughter right now. Have not yet heard from him about it but she wrote me back to say she LOVES them!! (hallelujah!) So please pray for them as I share these, and sign up yourself if you're curious! I got the link from one of the rotating banner ads here on the forum!

http://www.CoffeehouseTheology.com

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Moderators

Reading the intro on the link reminds of something my stepson (a minister) said, I am not sure whether it originated with him

Religion is for those who are trying to avoid hell, spirituality is for those who have been there.

The underlying philosophy might be the same. Will pray that your communications with your children are successful, Nico.

Nan, years ago we had a pastor who often said that there are religious people and there are spritual people, and they cannot be in harmony - something like that. Since at the time, my husband was a church member, yet resisting God in his heart, I knew exactly what he was talking about. Life was not pleasant in our home.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis