ClubAdventist is back!

Why 'Climategate' is not (and never was) what you think

Bravus

The author obviously is opposed to the idea that the planet is safe from damage by carbon dioxide.

Why are liberals so quick to accept this premise? Carbon dioxide is not a bad chemical. It is good for planet earth and there have been extended periods in the past when there was considerably more of it in the atmosphere.

The planet fared quite nicely during those times.

Average global temperatures in the Early Carboniferous Period were hot- approximately 22° C (72° F). However, cooling during the Middle Carboniferous reduced average global temperatures to about 12° C (54° F). As shown on the chart below, this is comparable to the average global temperature on Earth today!

Similarly, atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Early Carboniferous Period were approximately 1500 ppm (parts per million), but by the Middle Carboniferous had declined to about 350 ppm -- comparable to average CO2 concentrations today!

Earth's atmosphere today contains about 370 ppm CO2 (0.037%). Compared to former geologic times, our present atmosphere, like the Late Carboniferous atmosphere, is CO2- impoverished! Only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm.

• Members

Seems to me its one of those topics in the world that goes one way than the other. There's obviously something to it, but nothing to really make you go fanatical about. And we shouldn't! Just like in eating, its been advised that we do this in moderation. I think we should apply the same principle to what we hear, see etc. Everything in moderation.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The difference is that we weren't trying to support 6 billion humans in the Early Carboniferous... The planet is safe, agreed: it's just humans who will starve and die in floods and droughts and hurricanes and tornados and forest fires and blizzards. If you don't care about people there's no reason to care about climate change.

Truth is important

The difference is that we weren't trying to support 6 billion humans in the Early Carboniferous... The planet is safe, agreed: it's just humans who will starve and die in floods and droughts and hurricanes and tornados and forest fires and blizzards. If you don't care about people there's no reason to care about climate change.

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) or Medieval Climate Optimum was a time of warm climate in the North Atlantic region, that may also have been related to other climate events around the world during that time, including in China New Zealand and other countries lasting from about AD 800–1300. It was followed by a cooler period in the North Atlantic termed the Little Ice Age. Some refer to the event as the Medieval Climatic Anomaly as this term emphasizes that effects other than temperature were important.

The Vikings took advantage of ice-free seas to colonize Greenland and other outlying lands of the far north. Around 1000AD the climate was sufficiently warm for the north of Newfoundland to support a Viking colony and led to the descriptor "Vinland". The MWP was followed by the Little Ice Age, a period of cooling that lasted until the 19th century, and the Viking settlements eventually died out.

Those in favor of socializing the entire planet would claim that the natural fluctuations of weather over the course of history do not matter in the current drive to enslave everyone and to destroy our way of life for fear of global horribleness.

I think they matter and I will continue to oppose the Chicken Little fears of the Al Gore Rhythm and BLUE crew.

• Members

Karl you can oppose Al Gore all you want, because I think most people do. I know I do. But to deny that the earth isn't growing old and falling apart is also denying, I believe EGW, who said something about the earth waxing and growing old? Or was that in the Bible. I personally don't go over board about these things, just try to do my part. Obviously President Bush believe's something is going on otherwise why would he have had a greenhouse built and also does what he can to help the earth from spiraling out of control! Or is Bush also spinning out of control?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Karl you can oppose Al Gore all you want, because I think most people do. I know I do. But to deny that the earth isn't growing old and falling apart is also denying, I believe EGW, who said something about the earth waxing and growing old? Or was that in the Bible. I personally don't go over board about these things, just try to do my part. Obviously President Bush believe's something is going on otherwise why would he have had a greenhouse built and also does what he can to help the earth from spiraling out of control! Or is Bush also spinning out of control?

pk

The question is not whether the earth is growing older. The question is whether we should submit to global government on the basis of the fears of Al Gore.

This is all about global government. Once you understand that the object here is treaties that tie the hands of the last bastion of freedom in the world, the options should be clear. Unfortunately, there are people right here on CA arguing in favor of the US becoming like the surrounding nations. When are we going to figure out that our freedoms were given us by God and that we should protect them? For us to become like the surrounding nations will have the same baleful effect that Israel becoming like the surrounding nations did.

How do you feel about global government, under any disguise and foisted upon us by any ruse, Krause? Just that single question. That is what this is all about.

Global government is the question. All the rationalizations (terrorism, global warming, the economy) are just the excuse.

Are you, a Christian familiar with Revelation chapters 13 and 17, in favor of global legislation?

• Moderators

Um, are you, a Christian, familiar with Daniel Chapter 2? Where it clearly says there will never be another world government?

Truth is important

Um, are you, a Christian, familiar with Daniel Chapter 2? Where it clearly says there will never be another world government?

HEy, I'm familiar with that......Karl, what about you????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause

pk

The question is not whether the earth is growing older. The question is whether we should submit to global government on the basis of the fears of Al Gore.

This is all about global government. Once you understand that the object here is treaties that tie the hands of the last bastion of freedom in the world, the options should be clear. Unfortunately, there are people right here on CA arguing in favor of the US becoming like the surrounding nations. When are we going to figure out that our freedoms were given us by God and that we should protect them? For us to become like the surrounding nations will have the same baleful effect that Israel becoming like the surrounding nations did.

How do you feel about global government, under any disguise and foisted upon us by any ruse, Krause? Just that single question. That is what this is all about.

Global government is the question. All the rationalizations (terrorism, global warming, the economy) are just the excuse.

Are you, a Christian familiar with Revelation chapters 13 and 17, in favor of global legislation?

No, this thread is about the issues revolving around scientific findings dealing with the veracity of climate change. I think karl has made a large jump in logic to connect this with "global government". If what he says is true, can he show us some links to verifiable data that can be substantiated by credible scientific and/or political journals that makes a direct connection between climate change and global government?

This smells like conspiracy theory stuff that has been bandied about for quite some time now. I guess the next jump in logic will say that either some or at least one of the following is involved in this: Jesuits, Rosicrucians, Illuminati, Trilateral Commission, Freemasons, Skull and Bones Society et al.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Quote:
at least one of the following is involved in this: Jesuits, Rosicrucians, Illuminati, Trilateral Commission, Freemasons, Skull and Bones Society et al.

Oh, Alex...didn't you know that we have them all here at one time or another....

Wayne is a Freemason....Stan is still a part of the Skull and Bones Society and the Trilateral Commission...and a Jesuit as well..

I think that Amelia is a Rosicrucian ...or was that Gail??? Anyways, someone is a rosicrucian and I have it on good information that Shane is part of the Illuminati.

This is a meeting place for many of the Jesuits, of whom many of the intellectuals here hang out... excited

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I'm in a secret society that is so secret its name cannot be spoken. We have been warming the earth with billions of hairdryers to distract everyone from the fact that we are replacing their parakeets with robots.

Be afraid. nana

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

I'm in a secret society that is so secret its name cannot be spoken. We have been warming the earth with billions of hairdryers to distract everyone from the fact that we are replacing their parakeets with robots.

Be afraid. nana

Paratroopers parachuting into paradise with parakeet kits.

Would those be parakeet kit AND kaboodle kits?

Originally Posted By: Bravus

HEy, I'm familiar with that......Karl, what about you????

So... why are you guys lobbying for a world government, er... I mean a "world climate control agency that will control what everybody can do but we won't call it a world government?"

The Bible says the toes of mire and clay will not cleave together. Doesn't say anything about a global government. Are either of you, by any chance, familiar with the European Union? Hmmm?

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth ALL, both small and great , rich and poor , free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand , or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell , save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

--------

And there will be another world government after the one mentioned in Rev 13.

The final solution for planet earth will arrive here in power from on high. Praise God.

• Members

I don't think I've heard or read one post that has anyone wanting or lobbying for a one world government!

pk

phkrause

• Members

And Alex don't forget about the illuminati! I think that's the right spelling?

pk

phkrause

Oh, you forgot the Bilderberg Group too. :)

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

Oh, you forgot the Bilderberg Group too. :)

I've never heard of that group before?

pk

phkrause

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

They are evil and want to take away all robotic parakeets. :(

• Members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

They are evil and want to take away all robotic parakeets. :(

That was very interesting Sivart, very interesting. The crazy part about these nutty groups, is unfortunitly they do have some influence. All that these groups need is to know some really influencial people in a number of different countries.

But thanks for the link.

pk

phkrause

So... why are you guys lobbying for a world government, er... I mean a "world climate control agency that will control what everybody can do but we won't call it a world government?"

Shoot man, we're jesuits, illuminati, et al. We WANT to take over the world. Duh! adoh

Oh, and since when did an "agency" become a "world government"?

George Bernard Shaw