ClubAdventist is back!

Prayer Desperately Needed by SE Calif. CONF

John317

• Moderators

President Gerald Penick called everyone down to the Worship Room to make an announcement! He had received a letter from a terrorist who is threatening to shoot everyone in the Southeastern California Conference Office. At first the officers didn't know whether to take it serious or not, but then they decided to call the Police. The Police said to take it very serious, so the Conference has immediately put in electronic locks to each department, you can't get in unless you have your electronic card. They are now keeping all of the exterior doors locked also. The terriorst said he was in the church Sabbath where the Conference officials had combined two churchs and he was very opposed to that. He also said he knew where everyone lived as he probably had a directory. He said it could happen at the office, church or home and then he used some terrorist language. Kim isn't scared because prayer can protect everyone, but she is asking for everyone to please pray for all of the workers protection and for the LORD to bind the demons! Please put this request on all of your prayer lists!

An update and some correction on the situation:

On Monday afternoon, February 22, the president of Southeastern California Conference received an anonymous letter issuing threats against four of the conference officers because of a church merger. While the officers usually pay little attention to anonymous letters, this one was turned over to the police for investigation.

In addition to existing security measures, the conference has temporarily implemented additional measures. It is also reviewing longer term building security to insure the safety of all workers in the office.

Over the weekend an e-mail message began circulating around the Internet detailing a very imaginative but inaccurate list of security measures it claimed had been put in place at the office. Please know that with a few security measures in place, a heightened sense of awareness, and trust in God’s care, the work of the church is continuing uninterrupted. People with questions or information about this incident should contact me at the phone number or e-mail address below.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Jocelyn Fay

Assistant to the President for Communication

Southeastern California Conference

951-509-2253

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

President Gerald Penick called everyone down to the Worship Room to make an announcement! He had received a letter from a terrorist who is threatening to shoot everyone in the Southeastern California Conference Office. At first the officers didn't know whether to take it serious or not, but then they decided to call the Police. The Police said to take it very serious, so the Conference has immediately put in electronic locks to each department, you can't get in unless you have your electronic card. They are now keeping all of the exterior doors locked also. The terriorst said he was in the church Sabbath where the Conference officials had combined two churchs and he was very opposed to that. He also said he knew where everyone lived as he probably had a directory. He said it could happen at the office, church or home and then he used some terrorist language. Kim isn't scared because prayer can protect everyone, but she is asking for everyone to please pray for all of the workers protection and for the LORD to bind the demons! Please put this request on all of your prayer lists!

I have prayed for the safety of all the people of the Southeastern California Conference. Secondarily, I applaud you, for reporting the reason for the threats. So many people who report these kinds of things neglect that important part of the story. Third, I wonder at the wisdom of combining the two churches. Just in case this was a bad decision, the people who did this should repent and ask forgiveness, and make renewed determinations to follow the Lord. Forth, just to keep things in proper perspective, we should not fear the death in which we partake, for the Lord will resurrect us.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

• Administrators

Dear Heavenly Father, these are perilous times we live in.

As we think of the trivial things that we squabble about, let us not forget nor neglect those who have asked for Your help, and lift them up continually before You.

Lord, I pray and claim the promises in Psalm 91 for this situation. Those who do Your work at the Conference dwell in Your secret place and abide under Your almighty wings. You are their refuge and their fortress, and they trust in You.

I pray, Father, for deliverance from this "arrow that flies by day".

I pray that because the Conference workers have made You, the Most High, their habitation, that no evil befall them, and that You shall give Your angels charge over them to keep them in all their ways.

Because they have set their love upon You, Lord, and their trust, please deliver them. When they call upon You, your word declares that You will answer them, that You will be with them in trouble and that you will deliver them and honor them.

I pray that they see Your salvation in this matter.

I praise Your name that you are a living God, who is our present help in trouble. In the name of our Saviour, Your son Jesus, amen.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

What churches were combined?

God's will be done.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Lord, I want to ditto Gail's prayer. And, I ask that you heal the terrorist - that you open his eyes and heart to Your love and to Your will in all things concerning the terrorist and the church.

In Jesus name!

Wow! Thanks John317 for reporting this. And it goes without saying that our prayers are for the conference AND for the person who wrote or said the threatening words. I am like woody--it would be nice to know more about the two churches and what issues are involved.

Dear Heavenly Father, these are perilous times we live in.

I praise Your name that you are a living God, who is our present help in trouble. In the name of our Saviour, Your son Jesus, amen.

Re: #340575 - Today at 21:17

prayer Amen and Amen

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 18:19 KJV

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and your thoughts about this. Like Gail said, we're living in such perilous times. We probably don't realize just how perilous. It seems like crazy stuff is coming out of the wood work more and more now.

I don't have any more information than this right now, but when I find out, I'll let you know what I can.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Will add this to our pray list. Pretty unreal!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Thank you, oldsailer. I agree with your whole post.

Here in Southern Ca., some of the churches are being combined because of their shrinking membership. I can see how that can be disturbing to some people. They were thinking of doing it to our local church but decided finally against it. We got a new pastor, who happens to speak Spanish, so they asked all the Spanish-speaking members from a different church to join ours. That works out good because my wife and family speak Spanish. So now we have a lot more people than we did a year ago.

Shrinking membership? Hmmm? Here in Calimesa we have to have two services because of all of the members. Perhaps people are not being fed a good spiritual meal in these churches, how sad!

• Moderators

Shrinking membership? Hmmm? Here in Calimesa we have to have two services because of all of the members. Perhaps people are not being fed a good spiritual meal in these churches, how sad!

You can't assume that, Dr. Rich. Some of the biggest and most popular churches in the world are not fed the truth. They are being fed what they want but what they want may not be truth at all but merely a popular message that makes them feel good. Truth, after all, is not fundamentally a popularity contest.

• Moderators

Here's an update on the situation in SE CA Conf.:

On Monday afternoon, February 22, the president of Southeastern California Conference received an anonymous letter issuing threats against four of the conference officers because of a church merger. While the officers usually pay little attention to anonymous letters, this one was turned over to the police for investigation.

In addition to existing security measures, the conference has temporarily implemented additional measures. It is also reviewing longer term building security to insure the safety of all workers in the office.

Over the weekend an e-mail message began circulating around the Internet detailing a very imaginative but inaccurate list of security measures it claimed had been put in place at the office. Please know that with a few security measures in place, a heightened sense of awareness, and trust in God’s care, the work of the church is continuing uninterrupted. People with questions or information about this incident should contact me at the phone number or e-mail address below.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Jocelyn Fay

Assistant to the President for Communication

Southeastern California Conference

951-509-2253

• Members

Yes John thanks for the updated info.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: Dr. Rich

You can't assume that, Dr. Rich. Some of the biggest and most popular churches in the world are not fed the truth. They are being fed what they want but what they want may not be truth at all but merely a popular message that makes them feel good. Truth, after all, is not fundamentally a popularity contest.

Hmm. I've never been to a 'feel good church'. I would like to find out what they are like. Which church have you witnessed that are 'feel good churches' ?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thank you, oldsailer. I agree with your whole post.

Here in Southern Ca., some of the churches are being combined because of their shrinking membership. I can see how that can be disturbing to some people. They were thinking of doing it to our local church but decided finally against it. We got a new pastor, who happens to speak Spanish, so they asked all the Spanish-speaking members from a different church to join ours. That works out good because my wife and family speak Spanish. So now we have a lot more people than we did a year ago.

It is sure amazing to read here that Churches in such a heavily populated area as California are "shrinking." I wonder if consolidating/mergers will adress the actual cause of this?

It almost sounds like the person making such threats though, is actually a Church member. My prayer here would be that this person gets caught. They really need help that the Church may not be able to give them.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ