ClubAdventist is back!

Report: Former Sen. John Edwards Facing 'Imminent' Indictment

Report: Former Sen. John Edwards Facing 'Imminent' Indictment

Former Democratic Sen. John Edwards is facing “imminent” indictment relating to his use of campaign funds to cover up an extramarital affair during his 2008 presidential run, according to The National Enquirer.

A grand jury has been investigating the North Carolinian's use of the funds since April, and the Enquirer quotes a friend of Edwards saying that, although the former candidate does not believe he did anything wrong, he is “terrified” that he will be made an example of in this case.

And in a soap opera twist, Elizabeth Edwards may in fact testify against her estranged husband, The Hill reported.

The report is being taken seriously because the tabloid has led the reporting of Edwards' affair with filmmaker Rielle Hunter, and its pursuit of the story has earned it an unexpected Pulitzer Prize nomination.

More recently, Hunter has been fighting in court with former Edwards aide Andrew Young over a videotape purportedly showing her and Edwards in a sexual encounter. That video has been turned over to the court and placed under seal.

On Thursday, Young told The Washington Times that Edwards, a multimillionaire former trial lawyer, still believes he has a political future.

"He still has a sense of being bulletproof," Young told The Washington Times' "America's Morning News" radio show. "He thinks . . . he's going to come back and have something to offer the world."

Most recently, the former Democratic vice-presidential nominee and two-time candidate for the Democratic nod for president has been spotting working on earthquake relief in Haiti.

Young, who helped conceal Mr. Edwards' affair and child with Miss Hunter for nearly two years, said the grand jury interviewed him. He described the panel's investigation as an exacting process with flow charts and time lines.

http://newsmax.com/Headline/edwards-indi...omo_code=9899-1

• Members

I guess he figures this is his punishment for all the damage he's done to quite a number of people. Oprah had an interview with a very close friend of his that he really screwed over.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

I actually always thought that he was a fair human being. He always sounded like he was a very honest person. I had no reason not to disbelieve him since I had never heard him tell a lie. Until I heard him say this was not his child, than turn around and say it was. And than heard this interview with his friend, can't think of the guys name now. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, even when I have a gut feeling about them good or bad.

pk

phkrause

You don't have a sniffer like mine then. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. But I knew what he was the first time I heard him say anything.

His anti-corporate stance would have transformed our economy into being much more like that of Mexico. He would have really hurt the middle class. I think only the very rich and the very poor would have benefited under him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Well, my "sniffer" zeroed in on Rielle Hunter from the very beginning. She didn't waste any time getting intimate with Edwards while traveling with him purportedly to film a video. IMHO she laid a trap for him from the outset, preying on a man's natural sexual instinct while on long separations from his wife, so she could get famous and get rich by having a child with Edwards.

Sometimes the man in an extramarital affair is the prey rather than the hunter.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

I never have liked him. But then I always could spot a phony a mile away. [/quoteo]

Funny, that's how he came across to me when he was campaigning for president.

Well, my "sniffer" zeroed in on Rielle Hunter from the very beginning. She didn't waste any time getting intimate with Edwards while traveling with him purportedly to film a video. IMHO she laid a trap for him from the outset, preying on a man's natural sexual instinct while on long separations from his wife, so she could get famous and get rich by having a child with Edwards.

Rielle Hunter could not have gotten intimate with Edwards without his willingness to do so.

If my husband were to come home and tell me he was unfaithful because some scheming little witch trapped him and he was the victim that would end any desire to reconcile on my part.

I would be sorely tempted to show him a movie of the "Burning Bed" just before he went to sleep.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

That would be like a form of sleep deprivation wouldn't it Bonnie? We can't even do that to terrorists anymore. LOL

Probably so but I would look at it as a time for reflection. It would be up to him how much sleep he lost before he was willing to take adult responsibility for his actions.

There is simply no excuse for a spouse to be unfaithful.If the marriage is unhappy,work to fix it. If it cannot be repaired then divorce before you use the excuse,"Couldn't help it honey,she laid the trap and I could not resist"

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I was preyed upon in the past. Only I wasn't married, and neither was I rich. Must have been my after shave lotion or something. Since I came back into the church and learned how to say no, it doesn't happen anymore. No means no!

• Members

He thought he was special, long before he even met her.

Richard, Edwards reminds me of a pastor we had here at the College Church. When I first heard him give a sermon I thought he was a Hollywood kind of preacher, and didn't really like him at first. That was because I really didn't know him. After awhile a few of us started a group for parents with children who might be or were a problem. Well he and his wife were part of this group, and he really opened up in a way I had never seen any other pastor do with his church members. Now I'm not saying that Edwards is anything like this pastor but he does remind me of him. But after a few times at these meetings and talking about our children I really started to like this pastor because he now seemed to be down to our level, he was no better or worse than any of us. I saw him in a new light. Not saying I would vote for him, because I probably won't, but he does need our prays. But he also needs to reap what he has sown. And that goes for anyone.

pk

phkrause

• Members

LOL richard, I meant edwards needs our prays, but you knew that. :) and yes that pastor didn't get $400 haircuts. But he couldn't afford that but edwards can. :)

pk

phkrause

Ok I will pray for your pastor. And I'm sure your pastor doesn't get $400.00 haircuts.
Richard, that would turn out to be a buck per hair for many pastors!! That's REALLY outrageous!!!!