ClubAdventist is back!

I'm leaving the country!!!

• Moderators

CALLER: If the health care bill passes, where would you go for health care yourself? And the second part of that is, what would happen to the doctors, do they have to participate in the federal program, or could they opt out of it? [...]

LIMBAUGH: My guess in even in Canada and even in the UK, doctors have opted out. And once they’ve opted, they can’t see anybody Medicare, Medicaid, or what will become the exchanges. They have to have a clientele of private patients that will pay them a retainer and it’ll be a very small practice. I don’t know if that’s been outlawed in the Senate bill. I don’t know. I’ll just tell you this, if this passes and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented — I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica.

BTW Costa Rica has Universal Health care....LOL.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

but do they have Obamacare?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

If it passess, it won't be as bad as the doomsday-sayers say it would be, nor as good as the most optimistic proponents claim. But no matter, if it passess and they do not raise revenue to cover the expenses, it will

surely bring economic doomsday, IMO. Maybe we are already in the beginning of that doomsday with the $12.5

TRILLIONS of federal debt hanging over our heads.

Quote:
Costa Rica has universal health care, one of the best health systems in Latin America. As always with nationalized health care, expect red tape and long waits, but the quality of Costa Rica's health care is excellent. Private health care is also available, very affordable, and high quality. Many doctors speak English and have received training in Europe, Canada, or the U.S.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

There is almost no system in the world where there is not access to private care.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

So Limbaugh's remarks made perfect sense. There are insurance companies putting plans together for Americans that would fly them to Costa Rica for major medical procedures in the event that universal health care becomes a reality in the US. Universal health care will mean waiting lines and rationing of care. It will mean, yes indeed, the dreaded death panels. Such death panels exist today but they are employed by insurance companies and the government can over-rule them. When the government sets up the death panels, there will be no one to over-rule them. Thus, insurance companies will provide insurance to send clients to Costa Rica. This may be what Limbaugh was referring to, except for the fact that he pays for everything cash and doesn't have any insurance now.

• Moderators

I wouldn't miss a thing if Russ left the country. It may in fact prove to be a blessing.

Where can I sign up [to move him out]? Getting Rush Limbaugh to move to Costa Rica would be a ten-fold blessing for America.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

CALLER: If the health care bill passes, where would you go for health care yourself? And the second part of that is, what would happen to the doctors, do they have to participate in the federal program, or could they opt out of it? [...]

LIMBAUGH: My guess in even in Canada and even in the UK, doctors have opted out. And once they’ve opted, they can’t see anybody Medicare, Medicaid, or what will become the exchanges. They have to have a clientele of private patients that will pay them a retainer and it’ll be a very small practice. I don’t know if that’s been outlawed in the Senate bill. I don’t know. I’ll just tell you this, if this passes and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented — I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica.

BTW Costa Rica has Universal Health care....LOL.

Lazarus, I love you. But WHAT were you doing listening to Rush Limbaugh in the first place??!

• Moderators

Lazarus, I love you. But WHAT were you doing listening to Rush Limbaugh in the first place??!

Are you psychic?

Every time I listen to him I ask myself that exact same question. That's weird! I suppose it's like slowing down as you drive by an accident.

Einstein

Richard .... he's a wearing a different kind of clothing .... that's for sure. But I find nothing conservative about him and thus ... I will not nominate him to our private club of conservatives here.

I believe in Hematology.

Well ... that's final. The rules of the conservative club state that when two are in agreement ... it is written in stone.

Sorry Gerry.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure there's no such animal.

Well, you may not believe it, but there is!!! Half of me is a conservative liberal, and the other half is a liberal conservative!

And would that make for one wondering whether to go liberal with the conservatism, or get conservative with the liberalism???

The political symbol would be.....?

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Getting Rush Limbaugh to move to Costa Rica would be a ten-fold blessing for America.

Rush wasn't talking about moving to Costa Rica. He was talking about going there to get medical treatment.

• Moderators

Are you psychic?

Every time I listen to him I ask myself that exact same question. That's weird! I suppose it's like slowing down as you drive by an accident.

LOL

I agree. It's something like a train wreck.