ClubAdventist is back!

Shane's Health Care Plan

This is an outline of the health care reform I would like to see.

1. All employers required to provide HSAs or other approved medical insurance plans for all employees. The HSA would have a major medical policy which would pay 100% of costs over $10,000. (Google HSA if you don't know what they are) Employers would pay for 66% of extended family plan.

2. A menu of health care plans would be created which could be sold across state lines and thus allow for more competition.

3. All medical malpractice suits would need to be filed in federal court. Awards for "pain and suffering" should be capped at $250K while unlimited damages allowed for actual damages. Attorney fees would be limited on a graduated scale - the higher the award the lower percentage the fee the attorney could charge.

4. Insurance companies would have to cover pre-existing conditions.

5. Those on unemployment would be eligible for medi-care. Those with assets greater than $100K (not including their home) would be charged a premium.

6. Medical discounts would be given for those who get their preventative check-ups and tests. Discounts would also be given for lifestyle choices such as not smoking and not being over-weight.

7. Continue ban on public funding of abortion.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

SHANE

wow you have a health care plan

and is is not even a full page

dgrimm60

Number 4 should be extremely popular.

4. Insurance companies would have to cover pre-existing conditions.

Why bother with insurance until you find you have a serious illness.No need to pay premiums and be prepared.

Pre-existing conditions are covered if you switch companies,as long as you have credible proof of previous insurance for the preceeding 3 months.

I can handle my few medical costs per year,so why bother.I will wait till heart surgery,cancer surgery etc then pay for insurance

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Why bother with insurance until you find you have a serious illness. No need to pay premiums and be prepared.

If all employers are required to provide some form of health insurance for their employees we wouldn't need individual mandates. All working people would have insurance.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity