ClubAdventist is back!

The Salt Police Are Coming

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Your real solutions are to have the government take care of us from cradle to grave.

Please quote and reference the post where I said the government should take care of us from cradle to grave. Or you can just apologize for bearing false witness. I will certainly accept your apology.

When you apologize for bearing false witness. Please provide a quote and reference for this...........

Public assistance is available for the poor. The radical, cold-hearted, right-wing wants to classify everyone on welfare as lazy deadbeats. Don't fall for that lie! It simply isn't true. These folks complain about class envy yet they themselves envy the few dollars provided to a poor widow to pay her heat bill in the dead of winter. They would prefer that single mother prostitute herself so she doesn't need public assistance.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• karl

• phkrause

• Moderators

Quote:
Shane: Taking salt shakers off the table would probably do more good. Chefs tend to only use as much salt as needed to bring out the flavor in a dish while many consumers pile on much more themselves.

Sodium is a real public health issue so I agree something needs to be done. Of course, any chef will not add salt to a dish if the customer requests no salt. The bigger issue is all the processed food being used that already has salt in it.

I have to be careful about salt myself, so I've become more conscious of the problem lately. I know now that many people die simply because they use too much salt. So I do favor making more low-sodium food items available at restaurants. So much that is canned or made at restaurants is dangerously high in sodium, and it's literally causing people to drop dead in their tracks. Many don't even know they have a problem because of it.

Now I don't favor the government's forcing it on its citizens, but I do think it's important to educate the public and encourage restauranters to make low sodium meals available to their customers. If the people request and buy those items, we will be able to count on seeing more of them. It's the only way to go healthfully.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

When you apologize for bearing false witness. Please provide a quote and reference for this...........

Public assistance is available for the poor. The radical, cold-hearted, right-wing wants to classify everyone on welfare as lazy deadbeats. Don't fall for that lie! It simply isn't true. These folks complain about class envy yet they themselves envy the few dollars provided to a poor widow to pay her heat bill in the dead of winter. They would prefer that single mother prostitute herself so she doesn't need public assistance.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: karl

There should be a warning label on water, then...

Looks like I have won this argument.

Not a chance. You have outed yourself.

Why is it that you have such faith in the nanny state, Shane? Do you really think that other people are better able to take care of you than you are? Or is it that you think you are better able to take care of them than they are?

There are simply not enough caretakers to take care of those who are willing to abrogate their responsibility to take care of themselves.

The "everybody-is-a-victim" mentality fostered by libs and their lawyers is killing us. You're not a victim. Your opportunities are great. Get to work.

Quote:

Quoting someone out of context is also a form of dishonesty. One must also include my note for it to be in contexts.

Quote:
Note: There are two types of conservatives, Compassionate conservatives and cold-hearted right-wingers. President Bush was a compassionate conservative.

I will certainly accept your apology for quoting me out of context.

I am sorry,You won't be getting one. You make statements and try to make them sound like fact that you cannot back up.

This might be something you take care of before you chastise me.

Such as please show me where have read or ever heard anyone say they wish for young mothers to prostitute themselves. Or is that a statement that should begin, I believe there are people that wish.....?

I do believe that cradle to grave nanny care is what would make libs happy.

Starting with the young pregnant teen,to the mother that you believe has the right to stay on welfare for 5-15 years, to full welfare benefits for at least a year after marriage,to insurance for pre-existing conditions etc comes pretty close to from cradle to grave.So I am not inclined to apologize because of positions you have taken

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Shane

Looks like I have won this argument.

Not a chance.

I competed in debate in high school. Judges assign points for certain arguments and counter-arguments. Suggesting that warning labels are needed on water to the same degree needed on salt is simply handing the victory to your opponent. Salt is documented of killing thousands every year in this nation alone. Water, in contrast, is a necessary ingredient to life.

Thank you for that victory.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

Apology accepted. My esteem of someone always increases when I see them apologize. God bless you.

I was not looking to have your esteem of me increase. It is doubtful that you took that for an actual apology,but rather to mock.

I don't believe I owed you an apology. I stand by what I said

Quote:

I competed in debate in high school. Judges assign points for certain arguments and counter-arguments. Suggesting that warning labels are needed on water to the same degree needed on salt is simply handing the victory to your opponent. Salt is documented of killing thousands every year in this nation alone. Water, in contrast, is a necessary ingredient to life.

Seems sodium is also a necessary ingredient to life. It can be abused as all things can.

Sodium is an absolutely necessary mineral for the human body. Without it, nerves and muscles would cease to function, the absorption of major nutrients would be impaired, and the body would not be able to maintain adequate water and mineral balance.

Nice dodge. Were you thinking that nobody noticed you left the debate?