ClubAdventist is back!

New Job Prospect

puddles

I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks. I have applied for a job with the local VA hospital. I'm hoping to interview here in the next few weeks. I've been in my present job for 26 years and feel it's time for a change in my work environment.

Thanks!

• Members

Will be praying.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note to thank you for your prayers. I received a call last Thursday and had my interview this past Tuesday. Not sure how well it was received but was told it would be decided within 2 weeks. I've held on to the fact that if it's meant for me to have this job, I will and if not, I won't. However, that didn't give me the right to give a sloppy interview...so I went into the interview with a smile and gave as good an answer to their questions as I could. It's still in the Lord's hands and has been from the get go. Again, thanks for your prayers!

• Members

Thanks for the update.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the job must have gone to someone else because it has been going on FOUR weeks since I interviewed and I've not heard a thing. And they said I would hear from them in 2 weeks so I'm taking that as a "sorry for taking so long but you didn't get the job" letter that will prolly come in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your prayers, they were answered, I stay put...for now.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

• Members

Well, the job must have gone to someone else because it has been going on FOUR weeks since I interviewed and I've not heard a thing. And they said I would hear from them in 2 weeks so I'm taking that as a "sorry for taking so long but you didn't get the job" letter that will prolly come in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your prayers, they were answered, I stay put...for now.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

Well sorry to hear you didn't get the job. I been searching for 2+yrs. So I decided to retire instead. Now maybe I can get a part-time job.

pk

phkrause

• 1 month later...

..... so I'm taking that as a "sorry for taking so long but you didn't get the job" letter that will prolly come in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your prayers, they were answered, I stay put...for now.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

Hey, Puddles.....

Just because you didn't get the job doesn't mean that you can't try at another place....You may not have been fated to take THAT job, but thier might be another one that God wants you to take....

....just a thought.....and praying that God will give you a clear answer that is just so irrisistable, you won't want to turn it down....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Thank you Neil!

Oh and I got "the letter" from where I applied. Only took them 2 months to "get back to me"...2 month...2 weeks...it's all relative...lolol

At least things seem to have finally settled down where I work. Had they stayed in such an upheaval...I don't know what I'd have done.

Happy Sabbath everyone!