ClubAdventist is back!

Good News.

GreatLakesGramma

Husband told me his employer got a contract for a job for this year, with a bid on another looking promising. God is coming through.

Of course, it comes with seriously reduced wages, but I feel it is a sign of better things to come. Employer's wife (husband's sister in law) called me to catch up on things the other day. She said the issue they're seeing is that whereas in the past there were about 4 contractors bidding on a job, now there are 15. She thinks there are many inexperienced contractors who don't realize how much they have to add to contracts to cover their overhead. If this is the case, they will be out of business before long.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Administrators

Praise the Lord for this hopeful sign! Thanks for the news, GLG!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 months later...
Near to Help in Time of Need.--To all who are reaching out to feel the guiding hand of God, the moment of greatest discouragement is the time when divine help is nearest. They will look back with thankfulness upon the darkest part of their way. . . . From every temptation and every trial He will bring them forth with firmer faith and a richer experience.--The Desire of Ages, p. 528. (1898) {CM 108.1}

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ