ClubAdventist is back!

Germans Lose Fear of Climate Change

Dr. Shane

Germans are losing their fear of climate change, according to a survey, with just 42 percent worried about global warming.

It seems the long and chilly winter has taken its toll on climate change sensibilities despite the fact that weather has nothing to do with climate.

The latest figure is a clear drop from the 62 percent of Germans who said they were scared of such changes just last autumn...

Many people have little faith in the information and prognosis of climate researchers with a third questioned in the survey not giving them much credence. This is thought to be largely due to mistakes and exaggerations recently discovered in a report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, the IPCC.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

It seems the long and chilly winter has taken its toll on climate change sensibilities despite the fact that weather has nothing to do with climate.

Orwell is laughing his frozen head off.

• Members

Germans are losing their fear of climate change, according to a survey, with just 42 percent worried about global warming.

The latest figure is a clear drop from the 62 percent of Germans who said they were scared of such changes just last autumn...

Many people have little faith in the information and prognosis of climate researchers with a third questioned in the survey not giving them much credence. This is thought to be largely due to mistakes and exaggerations recently discovered in a report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, the IPCC.

[text taken from link]

Interesting article. But I guess this is what happens when people cry wolf to many times.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Ugh, I can't stand it when people say things like "Br, it's cold. So much for global warming, ha ha!" And, of course, those people are all related to me, so I have to keep my mouth shut... :\

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

"Radon will kill your head off." no...

"Asbestos will kill your head off.." no...

The Ozone hole will k.... no..

"SARS will kill us all..." ...no...

"KILLER BEES WILL KILL OUR HEADS OFF...."

"Bird Flu will be the end of civilization..."

"SWINE FLU WILL KILL THE few REMAINING humans.." ...NO...

Mold will kill our eyes out !!"...

"GLOBAL WARMING WILL MELT OUR HEADS OFF...."

"Be ye also ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him..." "oh that !!? Hahaha! Boooring...!"

I'm olger™ and I approve this message.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Pretty good (and a bit humorous) article on the global warming alarm here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/perso...-its-place.html

Excerpt below.

Quote:
Humanity has largely lost its fear of hellfire, and yet we still hunger for a structure, a point, an eschatology, a moral counterbalance to our growing prosperity. All that is brilliantly supplied by climate change. Like all the best religions, fear of climate change satisfies our need for guilt, and self-disgust, and that eternal human sense that technological progress must be punished by the gods.

And the fear of climate change is like a religion in this vital sense, that it is veiled in mystery, and you can never tell whether your acts of propitiation or atonement have been in any way successful. One sect says we must build more windfarms, and these high priests will be displeased with what Lovelock has to say. Another priestly caste curses the Government's obsession with nuclear power - a programme Lovelock has had the courage to support.

Some scientific hierophants now tell us that trees - trees, the good guys - are the source of too much methane, and are contributing to global warming. Huh? We in the poor muddled laity scratch our heads and pray. Who is right? Who is wrong?