ClubAdventist is back!

Christian militia arrested

SivartM

Quote:
Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs, federal prosecutors said Monday.

The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved quickly on the group because its members were planning a violent mission sometime in April.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36075836/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts?GT1=43001

Even though they were going to murder people, you have to give them props for at least taking the "holy war" philosophy to its logical conclusion.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

Quote:
Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs, federal prosecutors said Monday.

The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved quickly on the group because its members were planning a violent mission sometime in April.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36075836/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts?GT1=43001

Even though they were going to murder people, you have to give them props for at least taking the "holy war" philosophy to its logical conclusion.

Really! I'm not sure I agree, but that's my opinion. I'm just suprised, maybe I shouldn't be, that anyone would even think these people are christians! Let alone that they even think they are doing the Lord's work.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

They apparently think they're Christians. I wouldn't call them that though.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Moderators

But Muslims who kill in the name of their religion are real Muslims, huh?

Truth is important

• Members

That's a very good point Bravus. I must confess that I sometimes think that way. But you correct they are as much a real Muslim as those that profess to be rel Christians. I do see a similiar trend, they both take verse's about cleaning up the world way out of context.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Muslims have an excuse because the Koran instructs them to be violent in their methods - but Christians have no excuse at all. Luke 12 says that the one who KNEW his master's will and did these offensive deeds will receive much torment in hell while those who were ignorant of the Bible claims and yet did offensive things - will be treated to fewer "stripes".

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Originally Posted By: Bravus

That's a very good point Bravus. I must confess that I sometimes think that way. But you correct they are as much a real Muslim as those that profess to be rel Christians. I do see a similiar trend, they both take verse's about cleaning up the world way out of context.

pk

One difference is the reaction many give to the word "christian"

in a story like this. Reaction is pretty swift in condemnation of christians.Typically those "right wing christians nut jobs" are made to sound as if that is mainstream christian thinking and behavior.

Those same type of remarks concerning "muslims" that behave in this fashion is quickly condemned and corrected.Quickly letting all now that it is only a few radicals.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Truth is important

The difference between "Christian" terrorism and "Muslim" terrorism is that the overwhelming majority of Christians condemn the radical acts done by "Christian" cults. However only a minority of Muslims will openly condemn Islamic extremists and polls show that as many as 1/3 of Muslims are sympathetic with the Islamic extremists. I suspect that less than 1% of Christians are sympathetic with "Christian" cults.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Not sure why the bible texts. What might this have to do with radical christians or radical muslims

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I think Bravus was trying show that there are portions of the New Testament that can be taken out of context just like there are portions of the Koran that can be taken out of context. I am not an Islamic scholar so I can form an opinion about the context of various passages taken from the Koran. I can make the observation that Christian cults get very little sympathy from the Christian world.

The war to be fought in the near future is not about bullets. It is one fought over the truth. The Kingdom of Heaven will fight with the Kingdom of this world, but guns and bullets are not part of this picture.

• Moderators

The war to be fought in the near future is not about bullets. It is one fought over the truth. The Kingdom of Heaven will fight with the Kingdom of this world, but guns and bullets are not part of this picture.

The problem at this time is that many Christians believe the Kingdom of heaven does require bullets. Most Christians in the US and elsewhere conflate the work of their governments abroad with the will and work of God.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I don't know if I would go so far as to say most Christians believe the Kingdom of heaven requires bullets. I think that would be hard to support. I think there is a cause and effect problem there. Most vocal Christians in the US are Republicans. Most Republicans support the War on Terror. Now,,, do they support the War on Terror because they are Christians or because they are Republicans. I supported the War on Terror but not because of my Christianity. I support the nation of Israel too but not because of my Christianity.

That said, many Christian leaders do blur the distinction between love of country and love of God. To be fair, it isn't just on the conservative side either. We see religious leaders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Reverend Wright guilty of the same offense. This places the woman on the beast. That is, the church in charge of the civil government.

Shane, you made some good points but not only do the Christian leaders blur the distinction between love of country and love of God, but so do most Christians and most leaders in the governments of the world. Could it be that they get this from Paul's words found in Romans 13:1-3?

And for those of you who might have become prejudiced against the militias, check out the web site of the group that was arrested and read about their doctrine. Does anyone agree with this? I sure would like to know!

• Moderators

I don't know if I would go so far as to say most Christians believe the Kingdom of heaven requires bullets. I think that would be hard to support.

I didn't go that far, I said many.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

Their website has Bible texts prominently displayed, but these people are clearly not students of the Book.

John 18:36

Jesus answered , My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,

• 2 weeks later...

Now when we take Jesus’ words as literally truthful, we are going to find out that the “good guys” are those that take their cross and follow Jesus even if this means losing their own physical lives.

This is why, in Mathew 10:23, Jesus teaches his disciples to avoid fighting back when there is persecution. Moreover, when there is persecution one should flee to another place. On the contrary, the Koran, Sura 2.191 & 193 says that persecution is worse than slaughter and faithful Islamic believers are instructed to kill unbelievers who dare to confront them. I think a real peaceful solution will come only when God’s worshipers will be allowed to worship Him in spirit and truth as stated in John 4:23-24 instead of having such kind of worship blocked through government’s intimidation as this is currently done in atheist nations and in all nations with strict Islamic laws.

FF