ClubAdventist is back!

Limbaugh Hits Back at Obama for Criticism

Have you listened to Rush very much?

The secret of Rush's popularity is that he's a good entertainer, as wll as political commentator. A person can enjoy his show no matter what his political/ideological position.

People listen to him because he says things that a good portion of his listeners are thinking and feeling. That's why anyone like him has an audience. Rush knows the middle class of America-- they make up most of his listening audience.

If all Rush did was call people names and ridicule people, he wouldn't have the audience that he has. He's gotta be doing something right, right?

Do I listen to him? I haven't listened to him since just before the election in 2008, but I had fun listening to him while I was driving around Hawaii in 2007. Every day for three hours, Rush was on one of Big Island's two radio stations.

I've never listened to him that I recall, but I've been to his website. If he's anything like the other popular conservative talk show hosts we listen to around here, every other word is "stupid" and "Obama"... and from his website I'm guessing so.

Um, actually, calling people names and ridiculing them is quite popular. I see it on TV and the internet all the time.

I mean, Obama isn't the best president ever, but surely everything he does can't be wrong. I'm not too fond of any political commentators, though, so it's not just Limbaugh... but the conservative ones call more people stupid, in my experience, so I like them less...

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

the conservative ones call more people stupid, in my experience, so I like them less...

That is only because the liberals are now in power. When conservatives were in power, the liberal commentators were just as bad - if not worse.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: John317

Have you listened to Rush very much?

The secret of Rush's popularity is that he's a good entertainer, as wll as political commentator. A person can enjoy his show no matter what his political/ideological position.

People listen to him because he says things that a good portion of his listeners are thinking and feeling. That's why anyone like him has an audience. Rush knows the middle class of America-- they make up most of his listening audience.

If all Rush did was call people names and ridicule people, he wouldn't have the audience that he has. He's gotta be doing something right, right?

Do I listen to him? I haven't listened to him since just before the election in 2008, but I had fun listening to him while I was driving around Hawaii in 2007. Every day for three hours, Rush was on one of Big Island's two radio stations.

I've never listened to him that I recall, but I've been to his website. If he's anything like the other popular conservative talk show hosts we listen to around here, every other word is "stupid" and "Obama"... and from his website I'm guessing so.

Um, actually, calling people names and ridiculing them is quite popular. I see it on TV and the internet all the time.

I mean, Obama isn't the best president ever, but surely everything he does can't be wrong. I'm not too fond of any political commentators, though, so it's not just Limbaugh... but the conservative ones call more people stupid, in my experience, so I like them less...

Have you ever listened to Keith O. on msnbc?

Makes one think the guy hopefully has his rabies shot.

Rush would not be number one in talk radio if all he did was call names. Beck and Hannity would not be enjoying the rise in popularity they are either.

Keith O is at the bottom of the barrel.Could it be what he is offering.

Chris Matthews is not far behind him. Liberal talk radio cannot command the audience even among liberals.

Rush is blunt and to the point,more power to the man. He is also highly attuned to politics.

While I don't agree with all Beck says because of my own belief in bible prophecy but he is one man doing what SDA's should be doing

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Well, okay then. I don't like any political commentators.

"If none of the politicians take politics seriously, why should I?" - Apathetic young people

I don't get political cartoons. One would think that they would only ever feature children sticking out their tongues at each other.

Okay, off of my soapbox now...

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

I care abut those issues but I'm not under the illusion that either party is serious about reducing it. They are both going to spend so lets spend it on health and education.

It is our job to make absolutely certain that politicians, of whatever stripe, ARE serious about reducing spending. This is what the tea party movement is all about. Stop bashing it.

Let's get serious about a return to conservative government.

If you have a concrete and realistic plan to slash spending, I'll vote for you even if you're a Democrat. There have been Democrats who were excellent conservative politicians. Few, I'll admit, but they have existed.