ClubAdventist is back!

Giuliani: Obama's Anti-Nuke Move 'Left-Wing Dream'

Giuliani: Obama's Anti-Nuke Move 'Left-Wing Dream'

By: John Rossomando

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has terse words for Barack Obama’s nuclear policy, describing it as characteristic of an “inept” leader who seems intent on living out a “left-wing dream.”

The Obama administration nuclear policy unveiled Tuesday calls for reducing the number of potential American nuclear targets and says the United States would not necessarily use nuclear weapons in response to attacks by chemical or biological weapons.

The policy, called a nuclear posture review, followed a year of Pentagon deliberations in consultation with allied governments and was released in advance of Thursday’s signing of a new treaty to succeed the 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).

“A nuclear-free world has been a 60-year dream of the left, just like socialized healthcare,” Giuliani said during a recent interview with National Review Online. “This new policy, like Obama’s government-run health program, is a big step in that direction.”

The United States should not be downgrading its nuclear capabilities at a time when the nuclear threat from Iran and North Korea is increasing, Giuliani said.

“President Obama thinks we can all hold hands, sing songs and have peace symbols,” Giuliani said. “North Korea and Iran are not singing along with the president.”

The former mayor and presidential candidate believes Obama fails to understand how to negotiate from a place of strength, and his desire to prevent Israel from using a military option against Iran along with his decision to back down with the Russians on missile defense show this in his opinion.

“The president doesn’t understand the concept of leverage,” said Giuliani, who was an associate attorney general in the Reagan administration. “Leverage means the other guy has to be afraid of you. I worked for a president, Ronald Reagan, who understood that brilliantly, and that’s how we won the Cold War. You need to appear to be unpredictable.

Reagan’s “State Department understood that you need to create pressure, to create something they’re afraid of. Tell me where Obama has done that.”

Instead of taking steps to guarantee national security, the Obama administration has “taken many steps backward” on a number of national security issues, Giuliani said.

“Beyond nuclear policy, this is still an administration in a state of confusion about how to deal with terrorism. They’re out of control. And they have shown an inability to make tough decisions,” Giuliani said.

“It’s not inconsequential how the president dithers over so many issues, yet when it comes to dealing with Israel, one of our strongest allies, he doesn’t show much ambiguity. With Israel, he has been extremely hostile. His treatment of the Israeli prime minister [during his recent Washington visit] was shocking.”

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/giuliani-...omo_code=9B41-1

• Moderators

“A nuclear-free world has been a 60-year dream of the left,"

For 100 points who said this?

My dream became a world free of nuclear weapons. Some of my advisors did not share this dream. They said a nuclear-free world was unattainable. Since I knew it would be a long and difficult task to rid the world of nuclear weapons, I had this second dream: the creation of a defense against nuclear missiles, so we could change from a policy of assured destruction to one of assured survival.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Thumbs up for Obama on this one. He is making the world a safer place for the good guys and robbing the bad guys of a good night's sleep.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

How do you figure that? How is making America impotent going to rob the bad guys of sleep?

When Iran gets their nukes, how does "us not being able to do anything about it" make the world a safer place?

Go drink some more of the kool-aid Shane, if you must. But personally I think you've had enough.

President Obama has pledged not to nuke nations that abide by the non-proliferation treaty. Those countries that do not abide by it (like Iran and North Korea) need to plan on glowing in the dark for awhile.

Big thumbs up to the O-man.

We wouldn't get rid our ours until the rest of the world got rid of theirs. Not going to happen. Sleep well. The sky isn't falling.

• Moderators

The 0 man is talking about getting rid of all our nukes. How would we make anybody glow in the dark?

Its ok to step beyond the left/right dance once in a while. Reagan had lofty and noble aims in this area, so does Obama. It's ok to admit that.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

What Obama is doing is setting the wheels in motion to nuke Iran and North Korea. That is what is going on. By promising not to nuke all countries that abide by the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, he is stepping up a threat to nuke those that violate it.

• Members

What Obama is doing is setting the wheels in motion to nuke Iran and North Korea. That is what is going on. By promising not to nuke all countries that abide by the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, he is stepping up a threat to nuke those that violate it.

Again Shane a very good posts and excellent points. The US has no intention of giving up there nukes unless others do the same. This same reasoning goes back to other presidents that have gone this route, such as Reagan, etc.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Well if the other option is to let them develop nuclear weapons, which is the greater evil?

Nukes don't have to be nuked. They can be destroyed with conventional weaponry.

Understood. However if we decide to "destroy" a major Iranian city with conventional weaponry, that is going to take a huge effort. While one nuclear weapon and it's over.

I trust President Obama with this. If he does nuke Iran or North Korea, it will be the second time a Democrat President has used nuclear/atomic weapons.

I trust President Obama with this. If he does nuke Iran or North Korea, it will be the second time a Democrat President has used nuclear/atomic weapons.

Incredible faith, Shane. Good luck with that. This guy is a politician. He is not a person anybody should trust.