ClubAdventist is back!

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare):

Can someone explain to me the convoluted thinking that goes on with this liberal bunch.

As a woman I was granted the right to do with my body as I chose.That includes the killing of my unborn child.I know some do not believe in the early months that it is in fact a child,but not even the dimmest can claim a baby aborted at 6-7 months is anything but a child.Planned parenthood fights against having to give a young woman all pertinent information and any kind of a waiting period.

Where do they get off trying to protect me from a "candy bar" or to "much salt" or any of the other ridiculous concerns they manufacture.

My body,leave me alone and I will do as I please.Otherwise post and paster the same information about destroying your baby

April 09, 2010

Nancy and Harry want you to choose the best candy bar

Peter Wilson

A sample of the level of detail in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare):

SEC. 4205

H) RESTAURANTS, RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS, AND VENDING MACHINES

(viii) VENDING MACHINES.-

(I) IN GENERAL.-In the case of an article of food sold from a vending machine that-

(aa) does not permit a prospective purchaser to examine the Nutrition Facts Panel before purchasing the article or does not otherwise provide visible nutrition in formation at the point of purchase; and

(bb) is operated by a person who is engaged in the business of owning or operating 20 or more vending machines, the vending machine operator shall provide a sign in close proximity to each article of food or the selection button that includes a clear and conspicuous statement disclosing the number of calories contained in the article.

Soon we will be able to make an informed choice between Snickers, M&Ms and Doritos. Truly history-making.

My only contact with vending machines is at rest areas, when I need a caffeine and sugar infusion to keep me in my lane. I already know I shouldn't buy the stuff, but I figure one Coke won't kill me. A little calorie sticker isn't going to change my destructive habits. I'm sure this is aimed at vending machines in schools, with some connection to the Childhood Obesity Demonstration Project (which by the way received $25 million for each budget year from 2010 to 2014).

Okay, so putting up a sign with the calories in a candy bar isn't the end of western civilization. But it's a bit creepy that grown men and women sit around thinking this is so important that the federal government needs to get involved.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Can someone explain to me the convoluted thinking that goes on with this liberal bunch.

As a woman I was granted the right to do with my body as I chose.That includes the killing of my unborn child.I know some do not believe in the early months that it is in fact a child,but not even the dimmest can claim a baby aborted at 6-7 months is anything but a child.Planned parenthood fights against having to give a young woman all pertinent information and any kind of a waiting period.

Where do they get off trying to protect me from a "candy bar" or to "much salt" or any of the other ridiculous concerns they manufacture.

My body,leave me alone and I will do as I please.Otherwise post and paster the same information about destroying your baby

April 09, 2010

Nancy and Harry want you to choose the best candy bar

Peter Wilson

A sample of the level of detail in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare):

SEC. 4205

H) RESTAURANTS, RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS, AND VENDING MACHINES

(viii) VENDING MACHINES.-

(I) IN GENERAL.-In the case of an article of food sold from a vending machine that-

(aa) does not permit a prospective purchaser to examine the Nutrition Facts Panel before purchasing the article or does not otherwise provide visible nutrition in formation at the point of purchase; and

(bb) is operated by a person who is engaged in the business of owning or operating 20 or more vending machines, the vending machine operator shall provide a sign in close proximity to each article of food or the selection button that includes a clear and conspicuous statement disclosing the number of calories contained in the article.

Soon we will be able to make an informed choice between Snickers, M&Ms and Doritos. Truly history-making.

My only contact with vending machines is at rest areas, when I need a caffeine and sugar infusion to keep me in my lane. I already know I shouldn't buy the stuff, but I figure one Coke won't kill me. A little calorie sticker isn't going to change my destructive habits. I'm sure this is aimed at vending machines in schools, with some connection to the Childhood Obesity Demonstration Project (which by the way received $25 million for each budget year from 2010 to 2014).

Okay, so putting up a sign with the calories in a candy bar isn't the end of western civilization. But it's a bit creepy that grown men and women sit around thinking this is so important that the federal government needs to get involved.

What don't you understand, Bonnie? Pregnancy and candy bars both lead to weight problems. And too much sugar could result in unborn children being overly obese.Too many calories may also have a negative affect on others in our society who face potentially significant health risks. And it's important that society protect every human life from the consequences of their choices.After all, every thin person, a wanted person!It's simple.Whadaya say we discuss this later over a cold beer?

Quote:
don't you understand, Bonnie? Pregnancy and candy bars both lead to weight problems. And too much sugar could result in unborn children being overly obese.Too many calories may also have a negative affect on others in our society who face potentially significant health risks. And it's important that society protect every human life from the consequences of their choices.After all, every thin person, a wanted person!It's simple.Whadaya say we discuss this later over a cold beer?

I don't know but seems a bit convoluted.

As a woman no one can tell me what I can do with my body. Right??

If I want to destroy my baby at 7 months I can do that. My choice right?

If I want to eat myself into a stupor or eat salt in amounts they don't think is healthy so what? My body,my choice so lay off.

Those going for abortions don't want to hear what that abortion will do to their child,invasion of their privacy.No signs at planned parenthood explaining the danger to their babies. So leave me alone with my salt,candy bars and calories

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:
don't you understand, Bonnie? Pregnancy and candy bars both lead to weight problems. And too much sugar could result in unborn children being overly obese.Too many calories may also have a negative affect on others in our society who face potentially significant health risks. And it's important that society protect every human life from the consequences of their choices.After all, every thin person, a wanted person!It's simple.Whadaya say we discuss this later over a cold beer?

I don't know but seems a bit convoluted.

As a woman no one can tell me what I can do with my body. Right??

If I want to destroy my baby at 7 months I can do that. My choice right?

If I want to eat myself into a stupor or eat salt in amounts they don't think is healthy so what? My body,my choice so lay off.

Those going for abortions don't want to hear what that abortion will do to their child,invasion of their privacy.No signs at planned parenthood explaining the danger to their babies. So leave me alone with my salt,candy bars and calories

Killing your baby is one thing, Bonnie. But endangering your health???? That's inexcusable. It's downright immoral!!

Quote:

Bonnie. But endangering your health???? That's inexcusable. It's downright immoral!!

I didn't mean this as so much against abortion,altho I am in most cases. According to the logic used in Roe vs Wade,I cannot be told what to do with my body. If pregnant,the babies father has nothing to say,the government(except to make it easy to get an abortion)has nothing to say.According to planned parenthood no one should try to convince me to carry to term.All as a result of protecting me from an invasion of my privacy and the right to choose what to do with my body.

I am not intelligent enough to figure out candy bars equal calories equals weight gain for most. The suggestion has been made that a chef should be fined for the salt content in my food as I must be to ignorant to educate myself in good health practises.A poor diet may or may not mean early death.In any event the death is not as sure as abortion. I may very well live to a ripe old age,obese and poor diet. Smokers do not die an immediate death,in fact some seem to not be affected in visible ways. An old friend of ours just died at 96,smoked since he was fifteen.Yet these are decisions the government feels they must make for me ,intruding on my privacy and telling me what I should do with my body.

The logic is what escapes me

Originally Posted By: bonnie

The logic is what escapes me

To quote a once renown cultural pundit, "Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind."

You want logic in Washingon DC??? HAHAHAHEHEHEHOHOHO

We had a thread not too long ago here on CA dealing with conspiracies. Libs were wanting to think conspiracies don't really happen these days. Yet this nation just witnessed a giant conspiracy in operation.

A conspiracy does not have to be secret in order to qualify as a conspiracy.

The passage of Obamacare was done by a conspiracy of Democratic legislators working against Republicans and against the majority of the American people. They were secretive about the deliberations and the details, but they rammed it through openly.

Up your nose, America.

Hopefully, our national memory of these events will not fail us in the coming elections