ClubAdventist is back!

What Kind Of People Leave The Church and WHY?

Overaged

Handshake and apology gratefully accepted Bravus! See y'all in a few days!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• Bravus

• LifeHiscost

• Woody

Does the following Bible text describe people who leave the Church?

1Jn 2:19 "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

What is meant by the phrase "not of us?" Is this all we have to do to be a member in "good standing," to be "one of them?" Can a person leave the Church, and NOT fit the descriptors in this text?

Galations 2:9 and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me (Paul) and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

"They (Paul and his group) went out from James, Peter, and John. It is what I have been saying all along.

Revelation 2:2 'I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false ;

People have choices. They often make bad choices. People often leave churches, including this one, for varied reasons. One third of the angels chose to leave heaven, of all places, so we should not be all that surprised if and when they leave this church.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

QR frame:

...and, a reason not to leave the church: Potluck!—sometimes I’ll travel great distances to attend a church for its grub.

Another Red book (tic).

bwink

LOL, that sounds like a good book!!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

QR frame:

...and, a reason not to leave the church: Potluck!—sometimes I’ll travel great distances to attend a church for its grub. I’ll sit for an hour not understanding a word from the pulpit, but then it's on to the groaning board and if one has chosen wisely – fantastic home-cooking!—well, there’s also soda pop and chips, as well...

Imagine, cheery folk talking at you a mile a minute without your understanding a word they’re saying – the while you nod, grin, and chew. But such folk! Worth the travel time.

Hey! try visiting Ashrams for delicious Indian/veggie food.

Mebbe, the .Org can put out a guide in pamphlet form to advise where the better/best Potlucks are to be had (especially one for Middle to Southern Oregon); y’know, sorta like a Michelin Guide - three star, four star, and five star ratings - on'y "Advent's Connoisseur's Guide to Culinary Pickings"(mebbe?).

Another Red book (tic).

bwink

Ugh!

While I have the upmost respect for overaged ... I do have to agree with Bravus on this one.

Which would seem to me places obfuscation as a comforting position, NOT!!

Lift Jesus up!!

Anyway, i ve sinned greatly. Now i feel lost and forgotten. But i deserve to feel like this, i did some terribles things. Please pray that Christ his blood may be powerfull enough to erase my sins, and God s holy spirit may help me overcome sin.

Kind Regards

Seems there is another who had a similar experience. How was he treated when admitting his need?

“When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger! I will go home to my father and say, “Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Please take me on as a hired servant.”’

“So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him. His son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’

“But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.

Luke 15:17-24 NLT

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I have been told several times in different ways that our church is filled with crackpots "but that shouldn't stop you" from coming to church.

It would seem to me that if one is convinced God led them to the

SDA church, of which they gave willing compliance, it would take God to convince them a different pathway as in order. Perhaps the ones that leave give a strong indication they entered for what's in it for them and when they found less than they expected in returns, they left.

"Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." Luke 9:23 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

But you have to admit that there is a lot of language in the Bible dedicated to who should be in and who should be out.

Since we're all somewhat deficient in knowing the who, what, why and how of another's life, it would always seem best to leave whose going to be dwelling in the houses built there, to Him Who has built the houses for those He gives invitation.

" Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."John 14:1-3 KJV

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:22-24 NKJV

Regards!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

God knows everything you have done and how lacking you are. but He doesnt hold that against you. He only pities and loves you!! little by little you will get to know Him and learn to rest in Him... :)

The rest and peace we receive from the Master can be contingent upon the rest and peace we are willing to give others the Lord claims as His own.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. "Gal 6:7 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Thanks for your encouragments, but really Jesus did not die for me. That s like saying that water can burn. However sometimes i see people, and i see that they were like me before i got to be possessed with sin, and i know they still have a chance.

"We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” "Acts 15:11 NLT

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!