ClubAdventist is back!

ABC's Extreame Home Makeover

Dr. Shane

I love ABC's program Extreame Home Makeover but I can't help to feel bad for the poor people who get a new house and a giant tax bill.

Even if they are able to avoid income taxes, or sue ABC to get them paid, their property taxes are going to sky rocket. Most of these people are at the lower end of the income scale so they probbally have to sell the house to avoid all the taxes.

I know how wonderful it is to help raise the standard of living for someone. My ministry in Mexico focuses on exactly that. We put in concrete floors in homes with dirt floors, install indoor plumbing, add on a bedroom or kitchen, insulate the home, install huricane ties, and sometimes even rewire them but nothing compared to what Extreame Home Makeover is doing. But we don't leave folks unable to pay their property taxes either.

ABC's 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' exploits dubious means to dodge taxes

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Hey Shane can you send a crew to Maryland to re-side a 70s townhome whose owner can't afford to? That would be me ... wink.gif

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot