ClubAdventist is back!

What do you know about the Nazarene Church?

scripturewisdom

Just for curiosities sake.......From experience or study; I would like to hear any information anyone out there has, good or bad, about the Church of the Nazarenes. thx

Pray Without Ceasing

• Members

Just for curiosities sake.......From experience or study; I would like to hear any information anyone out there has, good or bad, about the Church of the Nazarenes. thx

Sorry I don't know anything about them, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

The only thing I know is that once when I was a child, my brother and I went to the Nazarene church for VBS. We had a good time, and my parents had no trouble with our babysitter taking us there.

We, as a Church, have often rented from them, and they us.

We both grew out of Methodism and have a lot of similarities. Their College in Idaho is close to our Printing Press, PPPA, and there is a good relationship there.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I had a classmate in SDA academy who was a member of that church. I know nothing about their beliefs, but he was a very nice person.

• Moderators

This is a good and accurate article about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Nazarene

We have quite a bit in common with them. For instance, we are both in the "armininian tradition."

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Not to any specific person:

The Nazarene Church is a conservative Protestant denomination that appeals to some segments of those who leave the SDA chruch--not all. There are those who feel quite comfortable in worshiping with them. The hold the Bible in high regard. They call for a commitment to evangelism. They expect some degree of Christian expression in one's life style. They know us well enough to be comfortable with those who are comfortable with joining them. So, those on either extreme end of Adventism --either extremen liberal or fundamentalist--would likely not be comfortable with them. But, those in the middle who tend in some ways to a conservative theological outlook may find them attractive.

Gregory