ClubAdventist is back!

What do you think of these beliefs?

olger

1) "A special Deva (angel) looks after each animal species. If you have great love for one or more of these animals, you will attract the attention of its presiding Deva. A special gift of the Deva is enabling you to communicate with members of its species. This is a special type of human/animal thought transference. It permits the animals to call out to you and to guide you in special times of your need."

2) That there is an "idea stream" that encircles the earth and all we need to do is tap into that idea stream with our subconscious and we can gret GREAT ideas."

3) That we can communicate with our dead ancestors through our DNA.

4) That each of us have "soul covenants" that are affected by negative karma. Thus you can have contact with your "essence" through higher dimensions.

Cool huh? It may surprise you to know that this individual is a member in the seventh-day adventist church and a SS teacher.

Kook? Normal? Acceptable? Mysticism of the kind that God clearly condemns? What do you think?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• olger

• Woody

• mrsducky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your church need to reassess who leads in the SS discussions....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I agree with you Neil. These are blatent new age concepts. We should be intolerant of Satanic ideas coming into the church!

I agree with you Neil. These are blatent new age concepts. We should be intolerant of Satanic ideas coming into the church!

"Intolerate" ???

My comment was on the local church...I never said anything about beliefs...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I don't believe this person should be teaching the Sabbath School.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The author of Gnostic notes says "There is nothing on my blog that would contradict SDA beliefs."

g

Apparently there are 8-dimensions and we can move from one to the next as we become enlightened. I must be stupid. I failed to see that in the Bible.

g

The red flag to me is ... why would a good Seventh day Adventist attend this church if what you say is being taught?

Later ... After reading some of his blog I noticed that he stated that the things on his blog are the thoughts and comments from all different denominations. And that they don't necessarily reflect his personal views.

The following should shed some light on this misunderstanding. This is what he stated :

Quote:
"There are many things on the website, I do not agree with. How could you believe in reincarnation and be a SDA? Unless my name is signed to an entry on the website, you should not assume I necessarily approve of the ideas. My associates express their own views. We have a business relationship with each other. So I run around with Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Sufis, New Agers, Reincarnationists, born-again Southern Baptists etc. We all love one another and respect one another. Nothing on the site is "cleansed." I do not practice thought control."

So, I suspect this is much ado about nothing. I do hope it was an honest mistake and not an attempt to smear this member nor our church. Some are quick to jump at the opportunity to condemn our church and/or it's members. I pray this was neither.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Gnostic beliefs and many other false doctrines are being taught by some people claiming to be SDAs. There's a church only a few miles from me where a Sabbath School teacher believes that Ellen White was the false prophet referred to in Rev. 2: 20, and that the Apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of Satan. These are beliefs being taught over the online radio in association with the name Seventh-day Adventist.

I believe we're seeing the beginning of some of prophecies Ellen White was inspired to write about the church of things that will happen just before Christ returns. There will be every wind of doctrine blowing through the church, and it will cause a great shaking. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken until it will appear that the church itself is about to fall.

Check out the following link:

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/363158/abelisle.html#Post363158

NOTE: The above link is not to anything written or involving the Sabbath School teacher I referred to.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Guest truthseeker007

Woow that SS teacher is really far off. Either he is sincere and just has a low spiritual IQ concerning the spirit of the bible or he knows what he is doing. I don t judge any people, but my opinion is that this should be dismissed by the church leadership as it is in direct opposition with the SOP. What i think is interesting about his blog is that he links to other sites like Sophia (which means holy wisdom). Sophia is like the basic principles upon which Jesuits operate.

• Members

Gnostic beliefs and many other false doctrines are being taught by some people claiming to be SDAs. There's a church only a few miles from me where a Sabbath School teacher believes that Ellen White was the false prophet referred to in Rev. 2: 20, and that the Apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of Satan. These are beliefs being taught over the online radio in association with the name Seventh-day Adventist.

I believe we're seeing the beginning of some of prophecies Ellen White was inspired to write about the church of things that will happen just before Christ returns. There will be every wind of doctrine blowing through the church, and it will cause a great shaking. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken until it will appear that the church itself is about to fall.

Check out the following link:

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/363158/abelisle.html#Post363158

I have a feeling I know this guy. :)

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Yes TS. It's a business blog where this SDA member allows all denominations and beliefs to post their thoughts and beliefs. They do not necessarily reflect on this SDAs beliefs. He openly allows all of his co-workers the opportunity to express themselves.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

OLGER

THERE is a couple of red flags---like talkiing to

dead people and soul coverts that can contact higher

demension.....

dgrimm60

Very good points brother dgrimm.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

Quote:
Woody: Yes TS. It's a business blog where this SDA member allows all denominations and beliefs to post their thoughts and beliefs. They do not necessarily reflect on this SDAs beliefs. He openly allows all of his co-workers the opportunity to express themselves.

I think TS was responding to my post in which I spoke of an SDA church and showed a link to a website other than the one Olger posted.

Quote:
Woody: Yes TS. It's a business blog where this SDA member allows all denominations and beliefs to post their thoughts and beliefs. They do not necessarily reflect on this SDAs beliefs. He openly allows all of his co-workers the opportunity to express themselves.

I think TS was responding to my post in which I spoke of an SDA church and showed a link to a website other than the one Olger posted.

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't see that you posted about a SS teacher also.

I believe in Hematology.

This man should definitely not be teaching an Adventist Sabbath School class. He is not even a Christian if he believes all those things. He is deceived and a deceiver. He should be removed, not only from any leadership position, but from the church as well.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

This man should definitely not be teaching an Adventist Sabbath School class. He is not even a Christian if he believes all those things. He is deceived and a deceiver. He should be removed, not only from any leadership position, but from the church as well.

The 'if' is the most significant part and wise part of your post. As has been shown ... they are NOT his beliefs. He has allowed all denominations to post and express THEIR beliefs.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I completely agree, but we are entering a time when the church is divided between those who believe the Bible, the SOP, and the SDA fundamental beliefs and pillars of our faith, and those who believe almost anything goes. This includes Gnosticism, the rejection of many books of the Bible and the teaching that the God of the OT is the devil or that Paul was possessed by a demon and taught doctrines of devils. These beliefs are being written in books and distributed to church members and taught on the radio, and all with the benifit of the church name. It has gone far beyond the teaching that God changed the moral law. That is nothing compared to what some are teaching in our churches. These false doctrines will bear fruit that no one imagined if they're allowed to continue. God holds the whole SDA church responsible when the church allows these things.

The idea is that we all have to be open-minded to the temptations of the devil and not hurt anyone's feelings or cause anyone to be offended. That has become more important to many people rather than honoring God. Many are more afraid of what people think than they are of what God thinks.

While we should always show love toward people, it shouldn't be at the cost of speaking the truth about false doctrines. Ellen White said no longer be silent but "meet it."

Quote:
Ellen White said no longer be silent but "meet it."

It has been met and it has been shown that the author does not believe those things he is accused of believing. They were not his beliefs ... but they were the beliefs of his business associates and friends who posted on his web site.

Now ... we can all relax Praise God.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
Ellen White said no longer be silent but "meet it."

It has been met and it has been shown that the author does not believe those things he is accused of believing. They were not his beliefs ... but they were the beliefs of his business associates and friends who posted on his web site.

You're evidently confused. I'm not referring to the site that olger mentioned. This is what I have reference to:

Today gnostic beliefs and many other false doctrines are being taught by some people claiming to be SDAs. There's a church only a few miles from me where a Sabbath School teacher believes that Ellen White was the false prophet referred to in Rev. 2: 20, and that the Apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of Satan. These are beliefs being taught over the online radio in association with the name Seventh-day Adventist.

This includes the rejection of many books of the Bible and the teaching that Paul was possessed by a demon and taught doctrines of devils. These beliefs are being written in books and distributed to church members and taught on the radio, and all with the benifit of the church name. It has gone far beyond the teaching that God changed the moral law. That is nothing compared to what some are teaching in our churches. There are others in the church who teach that the God of the OT was actually Satan under a different name. These false doctrines will bear fruit that no one imagined if they're allowed to continue. God holds the whole SDA church responsible when the church allows these things.

Those beliefs and teachings are NOT being met. Many in the church don't apparently see anything alarming about them, and in fact some are beginning to accept the possibility that these things are true.

Yes, it is hard when there are other trains of thought than those that the original poster posted. It can be very confusing regarding who is talking about what. :)

I believe in Hematology.

These beliefs are being written in books and distributed to church members and taught on the radio, and all with the benifit of the church name.

Could you say more about spreading these beliefs with the benefit of the church name? Are you talking about "independent ministries" or groups within the church? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: mrsducky

"Intolerate" ???

My comment was on the local church...I never said anything about beliefs...

Sorry. What I meant to say was that I agreed with you that this person shouldn't be teaching in SS.

The rest of my comment was about what I believe our response as Christians should be to these aberrant beliefs.