ClubAdventist is back!

Health Message

Gerr

• Moderators

Even with our half-hearted (for most SDAs I see anyway) compliance to health principles that we know of, the average SDA still supposedly lives 8-9 years longer than non-SDAs. I wonder what the statistical difference would be if we followed the health principles conscientiously.

Our family does pretty good with diet. My wife also does very well with exercise and I do moderately well there. Neither of us does that well with getting enough sleep and I deal with much more stress than is healthy. I am trying to learn to turn it all over to God and thus reduce my stress.

This recession is really making it hard to reduce stress. Live and learn. I wish I would have stumbled onto Dave Ramsey ten years earlier. Having financial peace goes a long way to reducing stress.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

I'm not sure how much longer we would live but can you imagine the visible testimony we could present to the world if many or most of us represented healthy living just by our physical appearance!

Considering how our society is taken by youth, vigor and appearance, the world would want to know what our secret was and that would clearly open the door for friendship evangelism.

Alex (trying my best to stay healthy, fit and sane bwink

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Moderators

Great point, Gerry. I imagine if we really lived as we should, our life-span would be increased a lot more.

Also, it seems to me that our emphasis has to be on its relation to the Three Angels' Messages, because otherwise the health message will just make people better able to sin longer and with greater vigor.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

I'm not sure how much longer we would live but can you imagine the visible testimony we could present to the world if many or most of us represented healthy living just by our physical appearance!

Considering how our society is taken by youth, vigor and appearance, the world would want to know what our secret was and that would clearly open the door for friendship evangelism.

Alex (trying my best to stay healthy, fit and sane bwink

Alex don't you remember Dr. Hoffman and his trips to the land of Hunza and the people there and there life span, almost all of them were in the 100s. The reason was that they didn't eat meat and they exercise, not like us today, but by walking everywhere and working outdoors.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Great point, Gerry. I imagine if we really lived as we should, our life-span would be increased a lot more.

Also, it seems to me that our emphasis has to be on its relation to the Three Angels' Messages, because otherwise the health message will just make people better able to sin longer and with greater vigor.

LOL Good one John. LOL

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Quote:
pkrause: remember Dr. Hoffman and his trips to the land of Hunza and the people there and there life span, almost all of them were in the 100s. The reason was that they didn't eat meat and they exercise, not like us today, but by walking everywhere and working outdoors.

Yeah, and they didn't sit for hours at a time at their computer. If they had a message to deliver, they'd walk to get it there. I once spent about 6 months walking across the United States, and I never felt better in my life. God made us to be active, that's for sure.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

HEY ALL

YES I am sure we all could do better

but the health message was not just to live

longer but to clear our minds so we can

understand the bible truths as well....

dgrimm60

Good point dgrimm, I believe I've read that in one of EGWs books, were she mentions something to that effect.

phkrause

My wife claims that this lifestyle program she's been on has cleared her mind and drawn her closer to Christ. She seems a lot happier. I'm starting it tomorrow, so I'll let you know what effects it has. A totally unbiased report, (hah!) When I start growing a third eye in the middle of my forehead, I'll just post it here.

• Members

My wife claims that this lifestyle program she's been on has cleared her mind and drawn her closer to Christ. She seems a lot happier. I'm starting it tomorrow, so I'll let you know what effects it has. A totally unbiased report, (hah!) When I start growing a third eye in the middle of my forehead, I'll just post it here.

Sounds good. I believe EGW talks about the food we eat affecting our thinking. If we want a clear head we should watch what we eat.

phkrause