ClubAdventist is back!

Whose responsible and how about reparations?

LifeHiscost

due to incapacity determined by a pharmaceutical legally prescribed and subsequently found to be the most harmful substance known to man in destroying the synapses of the brain

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Don't you think that the major part of the responsibility rests on the watchdog for approving a drug that has not been fully evaluated? And the pharmaceutical company if they had withheld some negative data in order to get quick approval for the drug. This has happened before.

Doesn't some responsibility rest with the consumer? Isn't up to the individual to find out the side effects that these drugs can cause and then determine if the benefit outweighs the risk?

I think the pharmaceutical companies are only responsible 100% if the consumer experiences a side effect that isn't listed.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

A friend of mine, who is neither Adventist, vegetarian, part of the natural health movement, nor a conspiracy theorist, will not use any drug that has not been around at least 20 years. I think that's a pretty good policy.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

A friend of mine, who is neither Adventist, vegetarian, part of the natural health movement, nor a conspiracy theorist, will not use any drug that has not been around at least 20 years. I think that's a pretty good policy.

Good point GLG. I can't understand people that are so willing to take drugs for anything. And than years later find out that the drugs have been killing people or making them sick. I don't even like taking an asperin.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I don't either, in fact I can't take aspirin, or ibuprofen either. But drugs are always my very last resort for anything.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Moderators

Around 20 yrs? Not very wise. There are drugs that have been around more than 20 yrs and are still available today but either not used or rarely used because of their toxicity. On the other hand, I was not one to jump on a new drug that came around. As long as drugs currently on hand do a good job, it was my policy to wait until more data and experience become available.

Gerry, the idea is that after a drug has been around for that long, its side effects are fully known. You mentioned drugs that aren't used or are rarely used because of toxicity, and that's exactly the point. At least my friend will never drop dead suddenly because of taking a new drug that was not yet known to have that particular side effect, like my neighbor.

Catherine

My husband and I do not take any drugs. Yes, I suppose as a last resort I would possibly take something, but have not been in that position for many years. I follow the directions in The Ministry of Healing, and by so doing have no need for drugs.

This is an important subject that should be expanded. ALL drugs have side effects and we should be knowledgeable in how to take care of our body temples to the point that we should rarely have to resort to drug medication.

Suzanne

I lost my much loved wife two years ago to cancer.

I have complete renal failure and type II diabetes.

Should I therefore(then and now) abjure all drugs?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, Planey. :( You definitely should be taking prescribed drugs if you have a condition that requires them.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Graeme

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Graeme, but I would like to suggest researching natural methods to respond to your needs. I have information on DVD of two individuals who have/had type I

diabetes, (of which mainstream medicine considers incurable) using 75 units of insulin daily and one went down to 5 units daily (less disciplined) while the other went off insulin altogether and was hanging in there successfully two months after finishing the 90 day program.

It had to do with eating raw, no cooking with heat above 118 degrees. I don't follow the plan but I definitely would if I had the malady. These were not anecdotal circumstances but were video recorded individuals while going through the program.

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

But just because it works for someone doesn't mean it works for everyone. So people should definitely do a lot more research than watching a DVD before deciding on an alternative treatment.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Moderators

All drugs have side effects.

Virtually all (pharmaceutical) drugs have some benefits.

Drugs are used when the benefits outweigh the side effects.

The concern is obviously of little or unknown side effects.

I can use the example of hormone (oestrogen) replacement therapy. There are various natural alternatives to HRT....and in the most severe cases of menopausal symptoms, they are not effective.

The majority of women do not need HRT....but in the few which do, I have seen great distress (physical and emotional) relieved so the lady can

lead a normal life.

God gave us brains, it behoves us to use them. A blanket statement that all drugs are bad is one extreme, a blind acceptance of everything the advertisers offer is the other.

That is my position....which I put into practice....anyway.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Planey

Graeme

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Graeme, but I would like to suggest researching natural methods to respond to your needs. I have information on DVD of two individuals who have/had type I

diabetes, (of which mainstream medicine considers incurable) using 75 units of insulin daily and one went down to 5 units daily (less disciplined) while the other went off insulin altogether and was hanging in there successfully two months after finishing the 90 day program.

It had to do with eating raw, no cooking with heat above 118 degrees. I don't follow the plan but I definitely would if I had the malady. These were not anecdotal circumstances but were video recorded individuals while going through the program.

Blessings! peace

There is a huge difference between Type I diabetes and Type II diabetes. The treatment for one [administering insulin] could lead to death if given to a Type II patient.

Examination and treatment by an M.D. specializing in Internal Medicine is the only trustworthy avenue to follow.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Blessings! peace

Please, stop spreading this myth around. Type 1 diabetes IS INCURABLE at this time. If they don't get insulin they DIE period, eating raw vegetables has nothing to do with it--they still need insulin to get the nutrients into their cells. Now if these guys were type 2, then possibly. This is truely an insult to people who have Type 1 diabetes and have to live with it day in and day out.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Please, stop spreading this myth around. Type 1 diabetes IS INCURABLE at this time. If they don't get insulin they DIE period, eating raw vegetables has nothing to do with it--they still need insulin to get the nutrients into their cells. Now if these guys were type 2, then possibly. This is truely an insult to people who have Type 1 diabetes and have to live with it day in and day out.

Not to disagree with you Liz, and I've heard that before. But a number of years ago we had a guy form Wemiar come to our campmeeting. He was talking about a guy from Korea who had Type 1 and he had it for years. Well someone told him about Wemair, so he call them and he came to the US and to made a long story short, this man was able to get of off whatever diabetics with type 1 are on. The Doctor from wemiar also mentioned that even though this man was able to get off of his medication he was still considered a diabetic. Its been many years since than so I don't recall all that was said, the thing I remember was that in my book this man was cured. But again I'm not an expert, so don't come down on me, please, I'm just passing on the info we received at that time.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I heard the same story of a family who lives locally who did the raw food thing and writes books. One member of that family apparently had Juvenile Diabetes. I'd like to find out more information about this. The man who told me about this family runs an Adventist-based health food bakery and food store in town here.

This is what he recommended:

http://www.rawfamily.com/

I would love to know if this is quackery or true, too.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

But getting back to medications... I just posted a recent article about a recall with Johnson and Johnson for Tylenol and Benadryl.

Besides the side effects, when a person is sick is NOT the time when s/he wants to have to worry about quality control issues with medications, either. At least in a case like this one could sue a drug company, I guess.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I would love to know if this is quackery or true, too.

It's quackery, honestly, these so called Type 1's that miraculously get taken off of insulin are actually misdiagnosed Type 2's or they have a different type of diabetes altogether. Insulin is what gets the nutrients into the cells. Without insulin the nutrients just gets flushed right out of the body and the body starves to death. And you know, you don't have to believe me about this, but the fact is, eating raw or any other type of diet to cure Type 1 is all a myth--it is a perpetual lie.

P.S. Gail--I just went to your link--they also listed obesity as an incurable illness--which further leads me to believe they are dealing with Type 2.

Now back to your regular programming of the original topic. :-)

I wouldn't call that quackery, Liz, just being mistaken about the type of diabetes. In fact, raw foods, if done right, are very healing, and actually regenerative, though I seriously doubt they could actually make a destroyed pancreas start functioning again. Still, people who have gone raw have had gray hair return to its natural color and wrinkles disappear.

I've had digestive issues, low HCl levels, and malabsorption of important nutrients for more than 20 years, but that is changing since I've been drinking green smoothies. My digestion and absorption has improved drastically, and my eczema, allergies, and chronic yeast infections are all a thing of the past, so long as I'm consistent. If I go too long without, they all come back. It's a matter of giving your body what it needs to function properly.

Catherine

There is a huge difference between Type I diabetes and Type II diabetes. The treatment for one [administering insulin] could lead to death if given to a Type II patient.

Examination and treatment by an M.D. specializing in Internal Medicine is the only trustworthy avenue to follow.

I'm assuming you believe this person that just fell off the turnip truck doesn't know the difference between type one and type two diabetes.

The conclusion that type one diabetes is incurable is standard with mainstream medicine and follows this pattern of thought. "I can't, and those I know can't, and therefor it is impossible."

I would suggest you read the story, (different disease, same principle) "Lorenzo's Oil", the story of a young boy who had a horribly excruciating and painful disease that was eventually considered by the experts to be terminal, except that his parents wouldn't take the limited wisdom of the mainstream medical community and continued to research the web and eventually developed an oil themselves that when applied, not only gave relief to the pain suffered but cured the disease, all in spite of the best wisdom of the experts who believed themselves to be the end of all wisdom.

The only myth implied here is the myth that if the doctors don't know, it can't be. Some medical personnel, maybe many, are humble enough to say, and believe it, "I don't know, maybe someone else does."

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

My digestion and absorption has improved drastically, and my eczema, allergies, and chronic yeast infections are all a thing of the past, so long as I'm consistent.

And I would assume that passing on the information of the cured eczema, considered incurable by mainstream medical circles as incurable, would place you in the category of passing on a myth,

such myth my wife also no longer has with no need for special maintenance, although she regularly takes grape seed extract to combat free radicals which also probably maintains the absence of the allergies doctors were unable to keep at bay. peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Some would probably say it's a placebo effect. But I'm a natural skeptic. I never expect all that much from these things, and usually am very much surprised by just how much they actually do for me. Placebos only give you what you expect.

LHC, maybe your wife should try green smoothies. I was taking a lot of expensive supplements to control my allergies & yeast issues, and now I don't have to take any of those things. Organic greens, while kind of expensive (except I'm growing them myself this year), are still cheaper than all those supplements.

Catherine