ClubAdventist is back!

With the US Trapped in Depression, This Really is Starting to Feel Li

bonnie

Bonnie,

You have ignored/dismissed my point about the car wreckage. When you get a car wrecked, the insurance covers it in full. When you get sick, if you pay for decent insurance, it will cover the extensive times in hospital + loss of working hours (mine does). THAT'S WHAT UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE IS :)!!!! IT COVERS UNEMPLOYMENT. I don't understand what part of the insurance you seem to miss here

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• fccool

• phkrause

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder if that was so those that refused to work year after year could share in the rewards of those that did work hard?

Regardless, that is not what we are dealing with. Nor do I find anywhere in the bible that there are those that are to live of the generosity and hard work of others as a means of support without effort on their part

Bonnie I do agree with you there. But I think we're complaining about a system that does allow this. This system does need to be redone. But neither party wants to do it. The one caters to its people and the other to its people. There are those that abuse the system that I agree with, but there are many that all of a sudden find themselves needing the services that they have been paying into for all these years. For me personally I find myself in limbo, have applied to many jobs, and when I say many I mean many, with only one replying back and that almost as a joke. If I were in my 30s or 40s I'd probably take whatever is available and start going to learn something else. But with a $2000 mortgage and other debt that's pretty high, and having been able to keep up with all this until I got laid off and now my wife out with a back injury that's going to take a while still to heal. Together we made $70-75 an hour. No one wanted a 60+ year old to hire, they would rather hire a younger person and pay them 7 or 8 an hour to start. I have no problem with that. So now we face losing the house, etc. Not trying to cry here, God has been very good, and has kept us here still going along but this will end soon. The system is made so that unless your actually homeless you can't get help, we know because we've tried everything and everybody and unless you can show that you have a job they don't even want to talk to you. So I offically retired, which I didn't want to do to at least my late 60s, same for my wife, who has now applied for SS also. Now if the jubile system were around we would at least be able to work for someone to work off our debt or whatever. Yes the system is not what it should be, but its there to help those that need it. Its to bad there are those that abuse it.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Bonnie I do agree with you there. But I think we're complaining about a system that does allow this. This system does need to be redone. But neither party wants to do it. The one caters to its people and the other to its people. There are those that abuse the system that I agree with, but there are many that all of a sudden find themselves needing the services that they have been paying into for all these years.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman