ClubAdventist is back!

Dow in Great Depression Pattern

bonnie

Dow in Great Depression Pattern

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is repeating a pattern that appeared just before markets fell during the Great Depression, Daryl Guppy, CEO at Guppytraders.com, told CNBC Monday.

“Those who don’t remember history are doomed to repeat it…there was a head and shoulders pattern that developed before the Depression in 1929, then with the recovery in 1930 we had another head and shoulders pattern that preceded a fall in the market, and in the current Dow situation we see an exact repeat of that environment,” Guppy said.

The Dow retreated 457.33 points, or 4.5 percent last week, to close at 9,686 Friday. Guppy said a Dow fall below 9,800 confirmed the head and shoulders pattern.

The Shanghai Composite is seeing a very rapid collapse, falling below 2,500, which suggests the major fall in the Dow, he added.

In the European markets, Guppy says Frankfurt's Dax is witnessing a different pattern to London's FTSE.

Guppy uses the broad trading band as measurement- giving the Dax a downsize target of 1,500. The same head and shoulders pattern seen in the Dow can also being seen in the FTSE, he added.

© 2010 CNBC.com

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Hope it's just an interesting obvservation & nothing more.

I've heard other economists saying we're entering a depression, though, but I keep hoping they don't know what they're talking about.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Hope it's just an interesting obvservation & nothing more.

I've heard other economists saying we're entering a depression, though, but I keep hoping they don't know what they're talking about.

And than you hear other economists give a different story! So which one's do you believe? Its also like the weatherman, he gives you the weather for the next day and than the next day its the exact opposite. :)

As far as I'm concerned I have no trust in the stock market or any of these clowns that are on all the different stations telling you what stocks you should invest your money in. Its all a [censored] shoot or gamble anyway.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

What I believe we need to watch out for from these "economist" is that they are not trying to stir us astray and into the hand of Catholic and Jesuit leaders. What many Adventists are not aware of are a league of high ranking officials with ties to the legislature trying to get a Sunday law passed as we speak.

The LDA or Lords Day Alliance is trying to use the current economic situation as propaganda to gain a foothold among citizens. They are trying to say our current condition is a repercussion from our wicked and that the only way to atone is by changing to a national Sunday law.

We need to be very careful and watch closely how this situation develops, it does not take much to influence a poor nation!

• Members

What I believe we need to watch out for from these "economist" is that they are not trying to stir us astray and into the hand of Catholic and Jesuit leaders. What many Adventists are not aware of are a league of high ranking officials with ties to the legislature trying to get a Sunday law passed as we speak.

The LDA or Lords Day Alliance is trying to use the current economic situation as propaganda to gain a foothold among citizens. They are trying to say our current condition is a repercussion from our wicked and that the only way to atone is by changing to a national Sunday law.

We need to be very careful and watch closely how this situation develops, it does not take much to influence a poor nation!

Ido agree, but this has been going on for more years than I can remember.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60