ClubAdventist is back!

Why are women...continued

Outta Here

Eve had been perfectly happy by her husband's side in her Eden home; but, like restless modern Eves, she was flattered with the hope of entering a higher sphere than that which God had assigned her. In attempting to rise above her original position, she fell far below it. A similar result will be reached by all who are unwilling to take up cheerfully their life duties in accordance with God's plan. In their efforts to reach positions for which He has not fitted them, many are leaving vacant the place where they might be a blessing. In their desire for a higher sphere, many have sacrificed true womanly dignity and nobility of character, and have left undone the very work that Heaven appointed them.

Men and women are deceived in believing that there is a hierarchial structure of value for humans in God's plan. "What one does" is NOT synonymous with "who one is".

God's plan is not a dot we supposed to land on IMO. God's plan is a pasture fenced off by the boundaries of His word. Unless God comes down to us and tells us directly what He wants us to do, such view should hold.

We should never think that God's plan is somehow contrary to what we would enjoy to do (within boundaries of his Word).

I've seen too many Christian parents use "God's plan" as a way to manipulate their kids into doing what they want. I.E. God's will for you is to go to college, and become a doctor and help people. If you live in Asian community, you'd know what I'm talking about.

That same statement EGW attributes to Eve could also be attributed to Adam. Did he not eat the fruit to become wise like God just like Eve did. The supposed order given in Genesis is merely a statement of cause and effect. Women's desire for their husband allows the husband the ability to rule over her. My desire for the cookies in my kitchen allows them to rule over me and results in my eating a couple right before bed. It is my desire that gives the power. So if we want to say that the "order" set forth in the bible is that man should rule over woman then we would have to say that the curse placed upon Eve was for her to desire her husband. Are we really ready to go that far?