ClubAdventist is back!

A good friend need your prayers

Neil D

Ok, it went like this today...

This lady [we'll call her "Ellen"] was supposed to help me today build my fence...but there wasn't much for her to do but she's good company...and I know that she's a bit of a "section 8", but she's always been appropriate with me. Wonderful person to know, but had a hard life....

She didn't come today...I had made plans to talk with her while I was working on my fence... Oh well, I thought, something's come up and she'll tell me later...No big deal, I thought....

Well, late in the day, she calls me and says that her depression came on strong this morning. Her mom called, and talked with her...trying to get her out of her depression...Eventually, she claimed to have taken 15-18 diazapam 10 mg each. And she had enough for a full month...It's a Rx. 1 pill twice a day. She's been hoarding them... She is sounding loopy. I get into my car, drive over to her place while talking on the phone [i know, illegal...but I am not sure what's going on and I am trying to keep her talking]. I get there, talk with her for about 1/2 hour, she says that she's talked with the crisis clinic, doesn't want to go to the hospital, and don't call 911.

Well, I do, and she does and I talked with the crisis clinic...[Thank you, Mark where ever and whoever you are!]

Currently, she's in the hospital, psych ward....probably getting charcole and lots of good attention....

I am aware of angels in human form, whom I am sure have earned thier wings before they ...well, get to earn them as angels...

I just want prayer for "Ellen"...whatever is causing the depression, please pray that God will take care of it and that she gets the help she needs....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

You were her angel today, Neil. God bless you!

You recognized the danger signs, and stopped what you were doing and took care of her.

We can be praying for her, but thanking God for you at the same time.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

We will pray for her. You are a good friend.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Neil will add her to our pray list. I agree with the others, thank God for you. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}