ClubAdventist is back!

Which is worse?

Stan

• Moderators

I think Wilson is worrying for the church, but pretty much what the church seems to want and deserve, so it doesn't worry me too much. I think the paranoia about Jesuits is particularly offensive where it shades over into the paranoia about Paulsen, but worrying all the same. And I think there are plenty of things to worry about with Obama - his continuation and extension of Bush's abuses of freedom and due process among them - but that most of the people who are paranoid about him are paranoid about all the wrong things. Their paranoia still has real consequences for the US and the world, though.

"God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind." Amen.

Truth is important

I think there is much unjustified paranoia about Ted. But the reason is that Ted has far little power to worry about. So why any paranoia?

And Obama is a lamb duck. No worry there. He has dropped 18% points since coming into office. He is mostly laughed at by the majority of Americans according to the most recent polls out today.

ANd the Jesuits ... well they simply could care less about Adventists.

So, there you have it. The Gospel Truth.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Do I understand your question correctly, Stan, to mean that you want to know which paranoia we consider to be the most unreasonable? So if we consider it reasonable to be concerned about one of those targets of paranoia, we should not vote for that one?

Because that is how I voted, and maybe I should have asked first.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

With Ted, if it's factual, it's not paranoia.

With Obama, if you're racist, paranoia suits you perfectly.

With the Jesuits, Adventists are to be studied but not feared.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

"God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind." Amen.

thumbsupthumbsup

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."

1 John 4:18 KJVB

Reserved only for those who receive Jesus, Who is perfect love and willing to share His love unsparingly.

Regards!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Ted's not bad for a white guy.

Obama's not bad for a half white, half black guy.

Jesuits are to be feared. Hide your Bibles and teach your children the truth before the Jesuits get a hold of them.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

With Obama, if you're racist, paranoia suits you perfectly.

Alex

Seems there must be many,many that are racists paranoids concerning Obama.

The republicans don't support him,conservatives don't,less and less democrats,liberals,independents are turning their back on him and now those that were friends,financial supporters and verbal supporters.Even one that had written a speech for him has suddenly seen the light. He referred to Obama's hostility.

Wonder if all the varied group that is now fearful for this country are racists?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

"If" Obama runs and wins another term, there sure are going to be a LOT of upset people.

And that wouldn't be anything new Alex. Clinton and Bush also were not suppose to win there second terms either.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Hey what about Ted and the Jesuits? Why is this discussion turn to just Obama? We have a political forum that kind of talk bwink

Quote:
Hey what about Ted and the Jesuits?

I dunno. What about them Shane. Are you privy to something we aren't? Are you aware of a connection? Fill us in on the latest.

I believe in Hematology.

"If" Obama runs and wins another term, there sure are going to be a LOT of upset people.

Probably will. It is entirely possible he will run for a second term and entirely possible that the almost 50% of the stimulus money,that money from the bill that had to be signed RIGHT NOW will be used to help a few people to change their minds.Have to wait and see

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Or, you know, the fact that the Republicans so far show no signs of having a viable candidate may also have a role in the outcome...

Truth is important

Yes he could. Just as much as John McCain could run.

I believe in Hematology.

I don't think so. John McCain was born in the Panama Canal zone which was a US territory, just like Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam. Egypt is not part of the US. Unless the Supreme Court were to rule that native born American refers to one's parents and not the land they are born on.

Imagine, Ted Wilson as POTUS.

Quote:
Unless the Supreme Court were to rule that native born American refers to one's parents and not the land they are born on.

That is what the intent of the law was in my mind. And I feel that that would be the ruling. So, PONTUS Ted would be fine in some people's mind.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

It is not paranoia if it is reasonable and justified.

Example: I once worked with a member of the U.S. Navy. He had been sent for psychiatric observation. He rated high on the paranoia scale of the MMPI and clearly thought that everyone on his ship ws watching him.

He was accurate. It was true. They were watching him.

In fact a large sign had been posted on his ship. It was a drawing of a pickett fence. In the middle was a knot-hole with a human eye look through. The wording below said: Be careful _______ may be watching you.

The sign was posted in a female restroom on the ship! That is what he did whenever he thought he could get away with it.

He was not paranoid. He was realistic. Everyone was watching him. It is not paranoia when it is true.

Gregory

seems to me that if jesuits wanted to infiltrate the church they would pose as liberals and conservatives and play both ends against the middle.

but there werent any jesuits in bible days nor until the 1500s, so maybe we have no one to blame but ourselves. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

It is not paranoia if it is reasonable and justified.

I think it can be paranoia even when it is reasonable and even when it is justified. I have struggled with such reasonable and justified paranoia in my own life at time. It is no fun for sure.