ClubAdventist is back!

The Tea Party and race (again/still)

• Moderators

Ta-Nehisi Coates' commentary on this letter written by a spokesman and former head of Tea Party Express contains one quite bad swearword, which you can avoid entirely by just reading the letter itself, in the gray box on the page. It really needs no commentary anyway...

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/07/a-final-thought/59924/

Truth is important

If Sarah ran for the Tea Party ... I'd have no problem voting for her.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Never heard of this guy but much of what he wrote I read before.

A little more diplomatically but the theme was the same. Written by a black man complaining that the tea party was targeting the black population.

Not sure which I would see as more insulting ,the article or the previous one I read.

The tea party according to that was targeting blacks because they were targeting welfare.

I didn't think the welfare expense was the gist of the reason for the tea party movement.But it appeared some did. As a member of the black race I would find that really insulting.Right on par with the just posted article.

Really still doesn't answer the fondness the NACCP has for the Black Panthers,thugs that they are and killing black babies.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Sarah-Palin-Cartoon-3.jpg

birthers-forgot-racism.png

dalerobertson.jpg

teapartysign1sm1.jpg

teabagger_racist_signs.jpg

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

You're right, Richard...It IS tripe when the Tea Party puts this racist stuff out on a regular basis...When they are speaking to the issues [which is rare], then they have a legitimate beef. as one member here likes to sign himself, 'nuff said.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

You're right, Richard...It IS tripe when the Tea Party puts this racist stuff out on a regular basis...When they are speaking to the issues [which is rare], then they have a legitimate beef. as one member here likes to sign himself, 'nuff said.

I would love to see what you mean as "to a regular basis"

Just so you keep your racism straight

,Chris Matthews,"Mr. Thrill Up My Leg" ."Racism Heck,I totally forgot the president was even colored"

Then we have the conservative black wheelchair bound man roughed up by a white liberal,Nancy Pelosi drawing a comparison betweem Nazi's and tea party movement to the tea party.Black Panthers trying to intimidate voters,wanting to kill white babies. Wherever is Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton?

There are more .Just for the sake of accuracy in your racism hunt.Black

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Bonnie,

You are not clear in your thoughts....

....Just what the heck are you talking about????

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
I would love to see what you mean as "to a regular basis"

Just so you keep your racism straight

,Chris Matthews,"Mr. Thrill Up My Leg" ."Racism Heck,I totally forgot the president was even colored"

Chris Matthews a flaming liberal is the one that said after listening to a speech by Obama,"For a while I forgot he was black"

I would love to see your "racism charge on a regular basis.

I would love to see Jessi Jackson come out just as strongly against "killing white babies as he has over the billboard"

Quote:
Then we have the conservative black wheelchair bound man roughed up by a white liberal,Nancy Pelosi drawing a comparison betweem Nazi's and tea party movement to the tea party.Black Panthers trying to intimidate voters,wanting to kill white babies. Wherever is Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton?

There are more .Just for the sake of accuracy in your racism hunt.Black

Were you as quick with the condemnation when a black conservative man in a wheelchair was assaulted by those on the left? Pretty gutsy to attack a handicapped person in a wheel chair.

Where is all this phony outrage at the Black Panthers and saying to kill white babies?

When I first saw the billboard it just struck me as sad and stupid that here we go again,There was a lot of determination to paint Bush exactly the same. Where was the outrage.

• Members

Neil I'm disappointed in your post, I believe that just as other posts with people disperced throughout the crowd doesn't do justice to the group. I have no doubt that the tea party are not against Obama but against all in government, period. Those that say different don't understand the tea party movement. As far as the NAACP is concerned they need to get there act together. The other day they had the head of both organizations on, either CNN or Fox not sure which, and neither guy impressed me as to there real motive's. If I had to give a score I'd say the tea party guy would get my vote as to who came out ahead.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Neil I'm disappointed in your post, I believe that just as other posts with people disperced throughout the crowd doesn't do justice to the group. I have no doubt that the tea party are not against Obama but against all in government, period. Those that say different don't understand the tea party movement. As far as the NAACP is concerned they need to get there act together. The other day they had the head of both organizations on, either CNN or Fox not sure which, and neither guy impressed me as to there real motive's. If I had to give a score I'd say the tea party guy would get my vote as to who came out ahead.

I would imagine that among those attending the tea parties ,you could find those that beat their wives,those that have been in prison,along with racists and the list could go on. There is not a membership that you apply for and it would be impossible to weed those out that are there for the wrong reasons.

With the billboard issue concerning Hitler so important to the NAACP where were the hand wringers and the racist accusers when Nancy Pelosi compared the tea party movement to the Nazi's?

Or when one of theirs was encouraging killing white babies or when they were trying to intimidate voters?

Those like Jessie Jackson make me think of racists pimps.Their livelihood comes from using others and promoting racism wherever they can

Originally Posted By: Neil D

Chris Matthews a flaming liberal is the one that said after listening to a speech by Obama,"For a while I forgot he was black"

George Bernard Shaw

Hey, that's 'NUFF SED.... Pay attention!

George Bernard Shaw

Bonnie,

You are not clear in your thoughts....

....Just what the heck are you talking about????

It doesn't happen very often Neil, but when you're right, you're right. Someone would have to have a reading aptitude of above a fourth grade level, to understand what Bonnie is talking about.

Sorry Bonnie, but it's true. Maybe you could write in such a way so that Neil could understand it. Surely by now, you know that he is challenged in this area. He is special, and my hat is off to him for being so open and forthright about it.

And the saying that the conservatives are nice intellegent people is exampled by Richard's retort, who must attack the person and not the idea.....Good show, Richard.

George Bernard Shaw

And what was the idea again? Oh yeah, that Bonnie is not clear in her thoughts. Ok, that idea is bogus, contrived, and dishonest. Bonnie is VERY clear in her thoughts.

There, is that better?

You two are going to be next-door neighbors on the new earth, just so you know.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Richard...yes, that is better...and no, it was not bogus...it was an honest inquiry as to what she was trying to say....

SivartM-

Nah, I'd rather not be an Adventist, if his retort was what Adventists do....

George Bernard Shaw

You two are going to be next-door neighbors on the new earth, just so you know.

I guess stranger things have happened. How can I handle this with the tenderness and sensitivity it deserves......hmmmm.

I am sensitive you know.....

All the NAACP is asking is that the Tea Party repuduiate the racist comments....They don't deny that they may have a legit beef...but these comments of racial nature must be repudiated....

but these comments of racial nature must be repudiated

You must mean someone should repudiate "killing white babies"?

They certainly should.

It matters little how often the tea party movement is explained,there are those that must find a racist thought or they can't sleep at night.

Can we look forward to you repudiating the "killing of white babies"?

If you are talking about Tea Party rallies, where there is some racist sign or threatening sign to take over the g

Don't know what you're talking about as I don't watch sensational news that is out to stir up your emotions...Like FauxNews...You mention the New Black Panthers...well, that happened under Bush's watch...That was YOUR man...he did nothing...

Why don't you watchHere and see if this answers those questions...

Really,Obama has been blaming Bush for every breath he takes and now you are telling us that the "killing of white babies" was under Bushes watch. This happened just a few days ago,I could have sworn Obama is president.

What was Bush supposed to do,he has no power at this point.That has belonged to Obama for 18 months now.Maybe he needs to find his big boy pants and try them on

I don't watch TV so sorry,it did not come from Fox News