ClubAdventist is back!

Who cares?????

Renewed_faith

In today's society, who really deep down inside themselves really cares what others are saying?

Who really cares what others opinions are if it is not what if it is not our opinions???

Who cares what we think if it is not what others believe???

Who really cares about anything other than Jesus and what HE wants for us???

Who are we to tell others what we should believe????

Who cares what TV show others like???

Who cares if it is truth or not????

Who cares if we try to share only to be told what to care about??

Who cares???

Just wondering, who really cares how a person feels about anything? This is only the internet where people share ideas to which others respond.

Do people really care what others think?

If I didn't, I wouldn't bother with forums. I'm interested in understanding how others feel about things and why. Sometimes I change my mind too, as a result. But never when people resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

I care about what people think. Of course it's harder if they don't care what I think.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

It just seems that if persons disagree what others are saying then they seem to rely on turning and twisting that were said to what THEY want it to say. Then when people call them on their own words they twist it again to put the blame on another. Then when someone has to bring in the powers that be to see it, nothing is done about it other than put together something as a post to diminish what others have done or said.

So, I must say, I FEEL as though not many really care about what others have to say about anything. I have seen mug slung, words (as I said) twisted again and again just to poke at the person that said the first opinion.

I am staying away from the other thread as it just got too heated with how people were reacting with ideas. Ideas are just that, IDEAS. Opinions are just that, OPINIONS.

I will say that I have read some posts where I have had to rethink what my opinion was at the time. (NOT the last thread I was posting in however) Sometimes it changes my mind while other times it does not. The one thing I will not allow to happen to me is to be brow beaten by some posters words telling me I am in the wrong for how I feel about any given situation.

The problem is that some actually believe that unless you believe in the TRUTH (and their particular truth IS the TRUTH) ... you will be lost.

My thought on this is that we are saved by the blood.

We are saved by Him who IS the TRUTH.

But we are not saved by our knowledge or the lack of knowledge that we might have in regards to truth.

IOWs ... someone is not going to be lost simply because they don't know about the Sabbath ... although we do need to share this Good News.

Sometimes we take 'our truth' just too seriously here.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I think for the most part, people don't care what anyone thinks, unless it impacts them or their life in some way.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I can't imagine anyone being an active, committed Seventh-day Adventist-- or a committed Christian of any denomination, for that matter-- and not care what anyone thinks.

How can we love people and not care what they think?

Not caring what other people think is a sign of not caring about them. Isn't that what people are telling you when they say, "I really could care less what you think"? They are indicating that you have little value to them. But would anyone who's following Christ say or think this?

On the other hand, it is true that we shouldn't care so much about what other people think that we imitate their thinking without serious reflection and being convinced by evidence that they are right.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

hmm. I agree with DeeAnna. People don't really care what other people think... And I *do* think that most people value other people very little. But it depends on the person who is putting out their ideas...if you are one of the *elite* in a group, then everyone goes out of their way to be nice. But then there's always one or two people who get trampled on, figuratively speaking, by being ignored, presumably because they aren't worth bothering with.

Is that Christian? No. But that's reality.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Sometimes we take 'our truth' just too seriously here.

Some people believe that our Father in Heaven has a selected place in the future where all who do not follow His counsels will have to spend the rest of eternity writhing in painful burning agony for just the few short years of stupid decisions practiced here on this earth. Is that serious enough to warrant "serious" consideration? thinking

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”" John 8:32 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

The one thing I will not allow to happen to me is to be brow beaten by some posters words telling me I am in the wrong for how I feel about any given situation.

....hmmmm....no matter how ...unusual... your situation may be nor how ...unusual...they look to you.....

.....interesting....

,,,,,,,,,not to say that you would or currently are in that situation....just interesting....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

When you say "people," do you mean people in general, or do you mean SDAs whom you know?

I grew up in an SDA home and I know a lot of SDAs. I don't know too many who don't care what other people think.

Do you care what other people think? Do your family members who are SDA care what others think?

I certainly do care. If I didn't, I wouldn't come to the Forum and participate in dialogues with everyone. I wouldn't be talking to you about this.

Is it possible you mean that people aren't persuaded to believe things simply because of what others think? For instance, if I am told that a certain idea is popular, I might reply, "I don't care what others think," but I don't mean I don't care; I mean their thinking a certain way does not persuade me to think the same way.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I agree with you, John317. Sometimes we shouldn't care what other people think, like when doing the right thing will make bring the scorn of others. Other times, it's very important to care what someone else thinks.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

When you say "people," do you mean people in general, or do you mean SDAs whom you know?

I meant people in general.

Quote:
I grew up in an SDA home and I know a lot of SDAs. I don't know too many who don't care what other people think.

I grew up with an SDA mother and non-SDA father. Guess who was more interested in what I thought or had to say when I was growing up.

Quote:
Do you care what other people think? Do your family members who are SDA care what others think?

Most SDA's who I come in contact with are not interested in what I might have to say.

Quote:
I certainly do care. If I didn't, I wouldn't come to the Forum and participate in dialogues with everyone. I wouldn't be talking to you about this.

Is it possible you mean that people aren't persuaded to believe things simply because of what others think? For instance, if I am told that a certain idea is popular, I might reply, "I don't care what others think," but I don't mean I don't care; I mean their thinking a certain way does not persuade me to think the same way.

I care what others think about some things. I've given up caring about what others think of *me*..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Most SDA's who I come in contact with are not interested in what I might have to say.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that. I have no doubt there are people in the church like that, because as a church, we have all kinds of people, including those who don't know Jesus. But I'm concerned mostly with your feeling that "most SDAs" who you come in contact with don't give you reason to think they are interested in what you have to say. That has to make it hard for you to enjoy being among SDAs and in the church.

• Moderators

I care what others think about some things. I've given up caring about what others think of *me*..

There are two extremes that I think we need to avoid: being too concerned with what people think of us, and then not caring at all what they think. If we are too concerned, it shows we are full of self or kind of self-centered, and it also can make us "shy" or unwilling to speak in public about Christ. We're afraid of how we might not look good or might make a mistake. That's putting our reputation above Christ's reputation. If I am talking about important things regarding Christ, and I really love Him, I'm not going to be so concerned with how people are perceiving me.

It might be compared to a mother who is calling for someone to help her child who is dying. At that point, the mother won't care what people think of her. She is thinking of the salvation of her child. The child means far more to the frantic mother than what people think of the mother herself. You might say the mother really does not care THEN what peope think of her, because she cares so much about her child. That's how we should be about Christ: we should care so much about telling others of Christ that we lose sight of self.