ClubAdventist is back!

Whence Christianity?

Bravus

• Members

Interesting article. This is exactly what I was saying a while back, when I mentioned to someones post, that I thought that many who call themselves Christians are not, they just call themselves Christians and than don't even act like Christians. I was also very happy to see that even though, as the article stated, many Christian Churches are actually losing members, from what I've heard the Adventist church is still growing. Maybe not here at home but pretty much throughout the world.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

George Barna is a prophet of these modern times pointing out wherein the problems lie(pun most intentional). We are hypocrites. And the truth he speaks of the broader Christian community is reflected amongst Adventists with little or no significant difference.

Yes, I believe that much of the "Christian" community has lost sight of the right priorities of the gospel as preached and practiced by the One supposedly being followed. Until we recognize and repair The Hole in Our Gospel we are not likely to change. St Francis had it right.

I have proclaimed it often here - Isaiah 58 is the message for the end of time. It's message was the essence of Jesus announced mission here on earth and His final pronouncement of what the Judgment is about. His seal is upon those that obey his commandment "unto the least of these."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Our Lord himself pointed out in the Parable of the Wheat & Tares (weeds) that there are sitting on the pews good seed (children of God) and bad seed (children of the devil). This mixed character of the church WILL exist until the harvest - the end of the world.

John also said: "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us." 1 Jn 2:19 ESV