ClubAdventist is back!

Move over...

Madonna, there's another Material Girl in town - is Moochelle - on the tax dole! What is it, already, with the

eight 'vacations'...?

Oy! thems Optics!

"Say what!?" --Pogo

• Members

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.. Who's paying for the air transportation to all these different places?? Who's paying for the Secret Service expenses? And why all the vacations? Is it that hard to work out in Eleanor Roosevelt's Victory Garden? Who's going to water the cucumbers?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

nope, we be chawing about Moochelle... wonder why she didn't go back to Cicero for a vacation?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Erm... pot, meet kettle. Dubya was the vacationingest president EVER

Most of that was at his ranch in Crawford ,Texas. Scores of secret service and all that goes with. I think Mrs Obama even needed a chef or two with her.

With the "sacrifice Obama is so fond of demanding from americans,condemning those with a lavish lifestyle,his complete hypocrisy is showing.

His more lavish dinners,beef at a 100.00 per lb makes one wonder when he starts his hand wringing.

Hotel suites at 2500.00 per night is of course a necessity. So when Mrs Obama starts her sacrificial lifestyle I am sure she can explain.

Even the democrats are very negative on what she is doing.

Especially when our economy is so bad and the brainy Katie Curuc

thinks it is great.Spain is having a tough economy right now.

Brilliant.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.. Who's paying for the air transportation to all these different places?? Who's paying for the Secret Service expenses? And why all the vacations? Is it that hard to work out in Eleanor Roosevelt's Victory Garden? Who's going to water the cucumbers?

We pay all secret service and I think the transportation costs of air force 2

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Erm... pot, meet kettle. Dubya was the vacationingest president EVER

What does George Bush have to do with Michelle Obama's very lavish "vacation"?

Yeah. And he didn't charge the tax payers rent for him using it for official business.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Yeah. And he didn't charge the tax payers rent for him using it for official business.

What does George Bush have to do with the lavish many vacations of the Obama's in this worsening economy?

Obama has not really re-invented the political wheel.

Almost everything he condemned in President Bush ,Obama has done and continues to do same in spades.I would think all the Obama supporters would love President Bush.

The only real difference is Gitmo.Of course the rantings about closing it have faded,but if you read the day to day existence of the "suspected terrorists" you have to wonder if the terrorists will soon be breaking in and demanding their right to stay.The economy is in the tank and getting worse,Obama keeps spending and spending. More and more government interference.

Pretty pathetic when the "smartest man to live in the white house" is so immature and childish he keeps whining about his predecessor.Then he keeps on the same path as Bush except doubling down on everything.

Maybe someone that supports Obama could explain just what their objection is to Bush and the idol worship of Obama

• Moderators

I agree that there's no change, and I agree that's a shame. My point was simply that those pretending this is something completely unprecedented are simply wrong.

And 'Moochelle'. What, are you 12?

Truth is important

• Moderators

Here's some inconvenient facts.

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I definitely think Obama needs to take more vacation. Lack of vacation leads to burn out. The more stressing a job is, the more vacation one needs. Obama should probably be criticized for not taking enough vacation.

My only complaint about the first lady's vacation is that I wish she would be taking it here in the US and spending all that money here. We could use the stimulus and have wonderful locations.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I agree that there's no change, and I agree that's a shame. My point was simply that those pretending this is something completely unprecedented are simply wrong.

Here's some inconvenient facts.

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation.

Neither of the men you mentioned spent so lavishly on themselves,acting almost like royalty when so many are out of work.

I remember the hizzy fit Nancy Reagan caused among the liberla when she replaced china in the white house,even tho the taxpayer didn't pay for that.

It is the extremes this is going to that people are objecting to.

Quote:
And 'Moochelle'. What, are you 12?

What my age has to do with anything,I am not sure.Nor do I know why you are asking me that question.

I believe he was asking jasd, who is the one that said it. Bravus always posts right under whoever posted last, so unless you're paying close attention, you can never tell who he's talking to.

Generally I assume that if they are not referring to something I said then they are not talking to me.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Generally I assume that if they are not referring to something I said then they are not talking to me.

Read it again.He was referring to something I "HAD" said,then added that

What? Me Shell My Belle?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Regarding the out of country vacation, if you read the FactCheck.org info you can see that the Obama family vacations have been in the US except for this one of Michelle to Spain.

And in the kettle calling the pot black department, nobody seemed to complain when Mrs. Bush took the girls on safari in Africa.

I'm thinking that some folk are having to scratch and dig pretty hard for their whine and cheese fodder...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Regarding the out of country vacation, if you read the FactCheck.org info you can see that the Obama family vacations have been in the US except for this one of Michelle to Spain.

And in the kettle calling the pot black department, nobody seemed to complain when Mrs. Bush took the girls on safari in Africa.

I'm thinking that some folk are having to scratch and dig pretty hard for their whine and cheese fodder...

The Bush family was complained about whatever they did.

From what I have read it isn't a single vacation that is causing a bit of ire.

It is Obama telling everyone they must sacrifice",condemning those that have more than others etc.

There continued lavish parties with 100.00 per lb meat for many people. Many are having problems putting food on the table,let alone meat at 100.00 per lb.

40-50 secret service and personal chef's does strike many where it hurts.Especially as they play the "common people" so often. Having air force 2 fly the family pet to where they were at taxpayers expense strikes many as just a bit lavish and careless with the money of others.

Bush generally went to his ranch and spent time cutting wood,not requiring up to 50 secret service.

I agree with Bonnie. I think that Bush was very responsible with money. Whereas BO just throws it around as if it were Monopoly Money.

I believe in Hematology.

The only reason I think Obama should spend his vacation dollars in the US is because we are in a recession. During economic prosperous times, I think it is great to go overseas and spread our wealth, especially among developing nations.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

...There continued lavish parties with 100.00 per lb meat for many people. Many are having problems putting food on the table,let alone meat at 100.00 per lb.

40-50 secret service and personal chef's does strike many where it hurts.Especially as they play the "common people" so often. Having air force 2 fly the family pet to where they were at taxpayers expense strikes many as just a bit lavish and careless with the money of others.

Bush generally went to his ranch and spent time cutting wood,not requiring up to 50 secret service.

So you are suggesting that these "common people" (not that I agree that they "play" the "common people" so often, any more than any other previous president...)should not have all the very same perks, staff, personal chefs, security, that every other president before them has had? Why is it that you feel that way?

And have you actually compared the price of the food served at official functions by this administration with any previous administration? I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would bet you a $100 steak dinner that it is not a whole lot different, and quite possibly less than some previous presidential spending on that sort of thing.

And you are sadly misinformed if you think that Bush did not have family and his dog flown on Air Force One or that there wasn't a full Secret Service detail at his ranch. (The actual numbers is just speculation since the Secret Service doesn't give out that sort of info. What do you thing the word "Secret" means?)

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

And the Secret Service's duty in protecting Bush's two nearly-adult daughters (who lived on their own) would have been double that of protecting Sasha and Malia.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....