ClubAdventist is back!

Ow, my head.

SivartM

So, on the way into my last class today, I hit my head very hard on the door. Being a hypochondriac, I immediately assumed that I had done some terrible sort of damage to my head, and fought a nervous breakdown throughout the class. When it was over an hour later, I walked 10 minutes to the university medical center, where students are supposed to get free medical care (emphasis on "supposed to") only to find that it closed at noon. Why would you close a medical center at noon? Just because it's Friday. Do emergency rooms in Adventist hospitals close at noon on Fridays? Oh, there's a walk-in clinic even further away; thanks. I'll go there as soon as I get a car. *rolls eyes* By this time I've half-convinced myself that I have a concussion. I walk 20 minutes back to the dorm and find one of the deans, who is an EMT, and he checks out my head and calls a doctor (so apparently they do have doctors somewhere?) and says that he thinks I'll be fine and I should take Tylenol and rest. After I leave, my entire family calls me at once to say, "Told you so."

And, throughout the class, walking around campus, and all of this, I am crying or at least trying very hard to stop, which was of course quite embarrassing. But I couldn't stop (and still haven't completely) because I don't handle injuries very well and, as I said earlier, I'm definitely a hypochondriac. Fortunately, I have no more classes today, so I can just relax.

Anyway, please pray that my head is all right and will feel better by this evening...

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Administrators

Sivart, it's times like this that it's hard to be on your very own, like totally. They are food for panic attacks, for sure.

But you did well! You did the right thing! Sometimes you have to reach out and ask someone, even a stranger, for help.

And pray!! God will be with you and will keep you, in all places where you go (I think He said that to Jacob, but I can't remember exactly.)

Will pray that your head heals ok. If you start to feel sick or something, have your buddy check you out again. It's a Godsend that you have him there!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

(((Sivart)))

I do hope you're feeling better by the time you read this! I agree with Gail, you did the right thing by telling someone else and getting help--even when the clinic was closed.

If it's any consolation--sometimes the body naturally switches on the tears when it is in pain--has nothing to do with self-control or hypochondrism--it's just NATURAL.

Do you have a roommate who can help if anything seems to be worse?

• Moderators

I hope you are feeling better now, Sivart.....and I do not think

it is being a hypochondriac to have a second opinion on a head

injury.

Hope your Sabbath is much better than today has been for you.

• Members

Sivart I'll be praying, and I hope all is well now. And I agree about the clinic being closed! They should at least have someone on call for situations like that. But than again it might be more about having the money to keep it open?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Sivart, I understand.

When my son was in school at PUC he came down with a terrible case of intestinal flu. He had no bathroom attached to his dorm room [this was a long time ago], so he had to walk all the way down to the end of the hall to go to the bathroom -- repeating this several times a day -- and he became weaker and weaker as the days progressed. He called home and we talked on the phone, but I wasn't able to get away from work or I would have driven up there [8 hour drive]. He said on the phone "It's the PITS being sick away from home!"

So I understand your feeling. I hope you've been able to have a thorough checkup by a doctor now after the weekend anyway.

My son was admitted to the hospital and given IVs. So be sure you follow through on seeing a doctor, just for safety's sake.

God bless you. You'll love Andrews more and more the longer you're there.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....