ClubAdventist is back!

Where Were You?

Dr. Shane

I was driving to work in an old 1979 Ford Currier and hear the news on a radio that a plane had crashed into the WTC. When I got to the office I mentioned it to our office manager in passing and he hadn't heard the news yet. We followed the news on the Internet all day. We didn't accomplish anything that day. The international bridges here were shut down for a little while. I was scheduled to fly out to a job I was building in West Texas and that had to be put on hold until the airlines were flying again. When I did go, there were only three of us on a Boeing 737.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I was at work and just waiting around the time clock when a co-worker asked me what I thought of it. I didn't even know about it since I had been reading and hadn't had the TV working on my unit during the night. I hurried home just in time to turn on the TV and watch the towers collapsing. Talk about horrifying.

The next day at work, another co-worker (who is a doctor in Mexico) told me that he was glad it happened and that he hated the United States. (He was not a US citizen.)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

I was home watching an early morning newscast. The window behind the newscasters was looking out toward the twin towers....I saw the first plane hit the tower, called my folks to get up and turn on the news, and then saw the 2nd plane hit the other tower.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

It was grocery day. I was in WalMart, my first stop of the day, and I heard, then saw, it on the TVs they have fastened to the ceiling throughout the store. I turned on my car radio when I left there. My twin sons were at home, and someone had called them, and they had the TV on when I got back.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

I was driving to work in the S. Bronx, heard a newscaster who was calling in saying he saw a plane hit one of the Twin Towers. I arrived at work, told my colleagues to turn on the TV in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I went to the top floor of my school and saw the smoke from the Towers going up.

Soon after tons of parents showed up to take their children home.

I joked with the students who remained in school that we wouldn't have to worry about them bombing us or committing an act of terrorism since we were in the S. Bronx (one of the toughest neighborhoods in the city) and we had more guns than they did. bwink

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

It was 6:40a.m.and I was on my way to work in Yucaipa,Ca.some 15 miles away. As was my custom I turned on my radio to catch up on the latest news and heard the reporters focused in on a story which at that point was still muddled in mystery. The initial reports were that a small plane had crashed into one of the twin towers and that one of the floors was on fire. Details were still pending.As I was arriving at the work yard some 17 minutes later, one of the on-the-scene reporters was in the midst of his report when he suddenly with horror reported the crash of a second plane into the second twin tower. It was then that everything became suddenly clear. I listened to the radio for the remainder of the day,while I was working, listening to the descriptions of people jumping out of the windows and the terrified and confused reactions of the onlookers to the whole affair. I then heard the incredible call of the first and then the second towers as they collapsed.Like those who first heard the news of the attack on Pearl Harbor, I'll remember the details of that day vividly.

• Members

Was on vacation in Florida, St. Pete to be exact. Was walking to the pier, when a guy told us that some airplane hit one of the towers. So we searched out the nearest TV and watch it for a while than went back to our motel and watched for the rest of the day.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

I was getting ready for work and here on Clubadventist and that is how I learned about it.

After the announcement here, my son called me and told me that I'd better get to a TV, which I did in time to see the second plane hit.

I drove to work in shock. Staff watched the Internet all day but I remember that the connections were not that great on the big sites like CNN. I think I watched BBC at work.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I was drywalling a basement for an Evangelical couple. When 911 started happening, the man came down and screamed out the news to me at the top of his lungs. He was obviously in a panic. He and his family later gathered around the living room and were reading out of Rev 19. We weren't sure what else was going to happen so I went home to be with family...

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I knew where I was when the space ship exploded with the lady teacher on it

I had forgotten about that. But I do remember. I had just gotten out of rehab and was going to night school. So I was home and watching it live on TV. I also remembering seeing the lady teacher on Johnny Carson.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

HEY ALL

I KNEW were I was when John Kennedy was shot

I knew were I was when the space ship exploded

with the lady teacher on it

I knew were I was when the twin towers were

crashed into

yes I knew were I was

dgrimm60

me too.How bout the O.J. verdict? Bobby Kennedy,MLK?