ClubAdventist is back!

The Shoes Liberal Celebrities Won't Wear

Originally Posted By: bonnie
No you can not make them learn, however you can quit subsidizing their refusal.

They drop out of school. Those that refuse to learn drop out. One must speak English to graduate high school. If it wasn't for bio-lingual education, those that refuse to learn would drop out even quicker. Better to have them in school than on the streets. Cheaper to pay for their education than their incarceration.

Immigration to this country should require some personal responsibility.You don't want to learn,refuse all attempts to do so,Adios,go back home and try again later

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• doug yowell

Quote:
Hmmm' date=' does that sound like compassion or cold-heartedness?

If you have people that consistently refuse to help themselves to what is offered I will say it again TOUGH COOKIES

There are far to many people that need a boost or a little nudge in the right direction to be subsidizing those who do not wish to help themselves

Quote:
Providing health-care insurance is part of that fair and competitive wage. Parts of the health-care reform undoubtedly will change but that won't. We are living in the 21st century. The 20th century gave the workingman worker's compensation. The 21st century gave him/her healthcare insurance. Praise God for that. Let us rejoice and be glad.

[/quote']

Those are those much more knowledgeable than you that soundly disagree. Some on Obama's side of the aisle are now beginning to voice their concerns

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Just a side note.Your glee over Obama's health care is not shared by my DR or the clinic as a whole.I trust him a tad more than your uneducated opinion.

I will be having a knee replacemet within a few weeks followed as quickly as possible with a hip replacement.

The surgeon and my family DR are very concerned for their practise. Rationing is a given,they have no doubt of that.It is not knowing how soon and who will be affected. They do believe that the surgery that I am schedlued for will be one of the first medical procedure's to be rationed.It is common and the reason for surgery is not life threatening,only painful. Not knowing when rationing will begin to take place they want mine done as quickly as possible.

As far as "your knowledge and gratitude of health care Obama style" you are not even in the same ball park as those that deal with the medical issues on a daily basis.

Not to worry. If you can't get a procedure here in the US (which I doubt will happen) you can always go to Mexico. You will probably even save some money in the process.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Not to worry. If you can't get a procedure here in the US (which I doubt will happen) you can always go to Mexico. You will probably even save some money in the process.

Your doubts are immaterial. I should not have to to another country becaue of the "great one".I have insurance so really don't care to go to Mexico to save money

What does Mark Levine have to do with this?

I have health insurance. My office visit co-pay is $40. I have never used it. I go to Mexico and pay $15 for the consultation. I have had the same doctor there for many years. When the kids get sick at night, I call her on her cell. She has met me in her office at 2:00Am. No extra charge. There have been times that I was broke and she let me pay her on payday. Great doctor. Great service.

Only God can discern motives. You used to know that, Shane.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Most liberal's seem to have a special dispensation.

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
Shane you sound like you have been drinking at the kool-aid fountain of liberal mis-information

I didn't know this was part of the liberal talking points:

Are you serious? That's all I ever hear out of them. Uh..I mean ya'll.

Originally Posted By: there buster

Most liberal's seem to have a special dispensation.

I've noticed that....

I think liberals can be as mean and narrow-minded as cold-hearted conservatives. The problem is when a person or group decides they know better than others and try to force their will. I think most of the compassion is found among the moderates, although there are traces to be found in the extremes. One of the reasons I love being an Adventist so much is because most Adventists seem to be moderates.

[

Where should we start?

Cold-hearted conservatives:

• Want to deport hard-working honest latinos because they are guilty of a misdemeanor and can't speak English
  • Want to have English-only education in public schools so that Spanish-speaking students fall behind their English-speaking peers
  • Want establish an artificial time line for welfare recipients forcing single and divorced moms into prostitution or worse
  • Want to boost profits of wealthy small-businessmen by allowing them to pocket the money that should be used to provide health insurance for the employees that produce the work that make them a success.
  • Want to allow credit card companies to take advantage of the elderly, poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips on fancy jets and stock holders can get big dividends.
  • Want to do away with the IRS and create a consumption tax which places the tax burden on the poor and lower-middle class
  • Want to abolish the EPA and allow industry to patrol itself

Wow!! Sounds like the America that I grew up in when apparently everybody was cold hearted (even liberals)and your class warfare was in it's infancy.I guess you don't buy that old addage "you can't legislate morality"? As an(now)upper lower class construction worker(thanks to your "compassionate" world view)I'm downright thankful that the small businessperson can get wealthier. That means his afluence employs many others like myself.I'd rather have a job than health insurance.Your "compassionate" policies give my job to illegal hard working Latino's and than decreases my wages by up to 50%. Your compassionate ideology demands that my remaining income pay for the education of the children of those illegals including the many who don't like learning and decide to join street gangs instead.Then more of my income is required to cover the costs of building more incarceration facilities and the increasing of law inforcement capabilities.Then more money is required to cover the costs of medical services to those millions of hard working illegals who can't otherwise pay for them. I suppose you consider it hard hearted to want to deny illegals comprehensive health insurance.Wait,can't they get better medical help in Mexico?? ANd those poor,ignorant,and elderly who are forced by the evil credit card companies to spend their money on things they can't afford should be compensated by what, free money?Government restrictions on single or divorced women's welfare benefit's are responsible for them turning to prostitution??? Come on,Shane,dressing up class warfare to look like compassionate politics should be saved for Halloween.

Every time I hear the word moderate it reminds me of a bible text.

Don't remember the chapter and verse.

Doesn't God say he would rather we be hot or cold and that he would spew the lukewarm out of his mouth

[Of course not. Laws are morality. Every law is based on morality. The saying is better said, "You can't legislate without morality."

How about worker's compensation? Should your employer be required to carry worker's compensation? How about Social Security? Should your employer be required to pay half of your Social Security? How about unemployment? Should your employer be required to pay unemployment tax on you? How about overtime? Should your employer be required to pay you overtime?

Those "illegals" are working jobs here and paying taxes. The fact they use fake or stolen SS#s doesn't mean they are not paying taxes. They are. In fact, because they are illegal, they don't file taxes at the end of the year so they don't get their withholdings returned to them. Furthermore, they rent apartments and houses from landowners paying property taxes. They also pay sales tax and gasoline tax. The "illegals" pay as much taxes as others in the same income bracket and are thus entitled to the same benefits.

This post demonstrates just how committed you are to the truth, Shane. I guess your end is justified by whatever means. First you argue that all the illegal Latino's have done is commit a misdemeanor, justifying their right to American jobs. Then in order to justify their continued right to American jobs you excuse their stealing others SS#'s, not exactly a misdemeanor is it? Why don't you just be honest and admit that you feel they have the right to use whatever means available to make a buck in America?? You simply believe that they and yourself are above the law because you don't think it is compassionate.Furthermore,you know that those illegals who can't or won't falsify their SS records DON'T PAY WITHHOLDING TAXES,SS,unemployment,SDI,workman's comp,OR ANY OTHER PAYROLL TAXES!! Are you being purposely misleading or does your ideology demand that ignorance is bliss?Finally, for a Christian to promote lawlessness is no virtue.Publically justifying dishonesty in order to make a buck is only compassionate for the dishonest!

Illegals are here because we need them. If we didn't have jobs to fill, illegals wouldn't be coming here. It is so painful for cold-hearted conservatives to admit, most never will. The truth is that we need illegals here. The tragedy is the politics played with the issue. What needs to be done is what President Bush proposed. The process to come to the US needs to be made easier. Work visas need to be issued to Mexicans looking for work.

Every time I hear the word moderate it reminds me of a bible text.

The Bible doesn't talk about Democrats, Republicans or moderates. Just remember this. Moderates decide elections. The moderates voted for Clinton and he won. The moderates voted for Bush and he won. The moderates voted for Obama and he won. Moderates are the ones that hold the power in the US.

Colin Powell: We Need Illegal Immigrants...

Quote:
Colin Powell thinks the GOP needs to change its attitude on illegal immigrants—because they do great housework. "We have millions of illegal immigrants … who are doing things we need done in this country," he told MSNBC. "They’re all over my house, doing things making repairs. I'm sure they're all over your house."

He also argued that immigrants were "what's keeping this country's lifeblood going forward. Without immigrants we’d be like Europe or Japan with an aging population and no young people coming in." Powell also dismissed anyone questioning Barack Obama's nationality or religion, and said that Newt Gingrich was just trying to "stir up dust" with his "Kenyan anti-colonialist" comments. "It may appeal to the fringe elements of the party," said Powell, "But I don't think it appeals to all Republicans."

Colin Powell is right. The fringe elements of the party disagree with him but he is on the same track as George W. Those folks are some compassionate conservatives.

Quote:
The Bible doesn't talk about Democrats, Republicans or moderates. Just remember this. Moderates decide elections. The moderates voted for Clinton and he won. The moderates voted for Bush and he won. The moderates voted for Obama and he won. Moderates are the ones that hold the power in the US.

It is certainly true that the bible doesn't.Nor did I claim it did.

And this is true....Moderates are the ones that hold the power in the US.

Doesn't change what I said

Quote:

This one is my favorite......Want to boost profits of wealthy small-businessmen by allowing them to pocket the money that should be used to provide health insurance for the employees that produce the work that make them a success

.Most small do provide insurance.I would hope they could pocket some profits.As long as a employer pays the going rate and has safe working conditions ,pays salaries on time,the rest is none of the employee's business.You can bet they will not be pouring their money back in to the business. People are so insanely jealous of anyone that goes thru the blood,sweat,and tears to make a go of a business.They can succeed as long as they don't make more than their employee's,otherwise the green eyed monster comes for a visit.Some seem to feel extremely happy that the small businesses will get nailed the hardest after Jan 1st.Obama can't get it and I don't think some here do.

Small business doesn't want loans with strings,or small tax credits.They need to have the tax lowered,know what they will be facing dealing with Obama's medical welfare.

But it is about high time the small business man gets nailed.Never mind the fact that this glee in the small business man getting fleeced after Jan 1st will prevent jobs.

Instead of the jealousy shown by business owner wannabes maybe the wannab's should get out there and try it.Playing nanny to a employee for life

Colon Powell is a liberal.He voted for Obama

Colin Powell is not considered a liberal except by Rush Limbaugh and other fringe conservatives. The more mainstream conservatives, like Bill O'Reilly, do not characterize him as such.

Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy. No one that understands economics is envious of a successful small businessperson. Requiring employers to provide health insurance isn't anti-small business. It is pro-small business because it levels the playing field. As Bonnie points out, most small business do provide health insurance. Those that are upset with employer mandates to provide health insurance are the minority of small business owners that are pocketing the money that their competitors are using to provide their employees benefits.

As for delusional,

Most employers do pay for insurance without being forced by Obama.Those that are upset over the Obama mandates are not all ones that do not pay insurance.

My brother went out of business in a large part due to Obama care.He had his insurance costs calculated by those much more capable and with a firmer understanding than you will ever have. This is their business they do 5-6 days a week.His insurance premiums would go thru the roof. Thousands extra to play Obama care.Others are doing the same. Locally they are cutting back on hours and will dump employee's on Obama's tender mercies.Or they will not expand and will work with less employee's.

Now all that is coming will take more descretionay income out of their income and to that your response was..... Praise God for Obama

I do think you resent those that have worked their tails of and risked everything and are successful

If immigrants don't want to learn english, no problem, we will feed them till they die. If we expect better,you Shane, judge motives and condemn to hell those that disagree with you. Employer's are condemned by you,witout having the slightest bit of knowledge concerning their business,they can go to hell as well. Welfare mothers,sit back,relax,we will wait till you are ready,the tax payer is willing to feed you and care for your families.

Those greedy small businessmen are about to get clipped.You really like that don't you? Praise God,those that don't sacrifice and work get a little more thru the businessmans taxes.Those that are to careless to read a contract prior to signing are just poor misguided folks that are to dumb so they need a nanny.

In almost every class or group of people with the exception of those dastardly rich you have them as victims.

Those that disagree with you are doomed to hell by your pronouncements