ClubAdventist is back!

The Shoes Liberal Celebrities Won't Wear

I do think you resent those that have worked their tails of and risked everything and are successful

No reason to sit in judgment on my character like that. I esteem small business owners as among America's heroes. As a class of people, they are among America's best and brightest. However that is not to say there are not unscrupulous people among them. Leveling the playing field is good for the honest ones already providing their employees the benefits they earn.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• doug yowell

No reason to sit in judgment on my character like that. I esteem small business owners as among America's heroes. As a class of people, they are among America's best and brightest. However that is not to say there are not unscrupulous people among them. Leveling the playing field is good for the honest ones already providing their employees the benefits they earn.

Is it "sitting in judgment" in general you object to,or when you feel someone is sitting in judgment of you personally as you have so many times to others?

Your leveling the playing field comments show you haven't a clue.

It is going to be level alright with Obama dragging all down to the same low level.I am sure that will make you happy.

You can praise and stand in awe of the president all you want,you cannot change the facts.

Facts are if the Bush tax cuts expire for the 250,000.00 and up,I hope you enjoy the level playing field you will have.

Those that have millions of dollars of equipment alone are a lot more interested than you are to have Obama's facts down on paper and what it will mean to them. They know just as my brother knows.They know because they hire people whoce job it is to stay on top of this kind of thing and show them where they will stand.

Doesn't matter a whit what Obama says in praise of Obama,even the great one cannot change figures that is in the hands of people a whole lot smarter than Obama.

Obama care alone is a killer to small business.Not because they do not want to continue to provide insurance,but they cannot do so under Obama's "COMPASSIONATE" malarky.

The difference to my brother for Obama for 50 men is minium a additional 20,000.00

He isn't stupid as Obama must hope everyone else is. He is not going to work harder to provide less than he is now. The taxes alone mean many thousands to the business owner.My brother didn't want a loan,coiuld do fine without the small tax credits. He needs customers coming thru the door.Obama the mighty one doesn't seem to be able to provide that.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Is it "sitting in judgment" in general you object to,or when you feel someone is sitting in judgment of you personally...

Numerous times you have passed Shane's judgment on "cold hearted" as defined by you.

One thing that is very reassuring to me and I am sure others is you do not define compassionate for others even tho you seem to think so.

A little sweeping up your own soul sickness before you start worrying about others may be in order.

Quote:
We are not talking about small businesses that gross more than $250,000. We are talking about small businesses that profit more than $250,000. That is pure 100% profit.
Best be getting a new crystal ball.You cannot determine what is pure profit for someone else.

I think I will stick with those that don't have anything to gain in giving their professional opinion except their fee for the research and advice. Whether it is those professionals my brother has hired or those that local business men have hired. Every educated,intelligent professional has disagreed with you. That is why so many wealthy businessmen are sitting on trillions of dollars. They do not look to Obama with awe and wonder.When it comes to expanding their business they are very cautious.maybe they should talk to you instead of the professionals they have hired.

Quote:
Don't believe everything Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levine put out there. Limbaugh predicted an economic collapse when Clinton raised taxes and the economy actually boomed.

I would not be afraid to bet that you listen to each of them far more than I do.At least you have much to repeat. Nor do I watch TV.But I do listen to our local news and it was very interesting tonight.

This must be where we bow and sigh and Praise God for Obama,Insurance rates for many insurance companies are being raised.The rate of my neighbors that are either covered at work or have a private policy are all going up.Now didn't the president assure everyone their rates would go down? Not only the policy premium but the co-pays are going up.

Several insurance companies have dropped the child only policy.Those they have will be honored but tough bounce to those that have a chonically sick child.Of course they can be on a family policy but will give you two guesses as to what is happening to the premiums on that deal.

When all is said and done I still don't see you as the go-to guy for financial or business advice.

I tend to leave that to the guys that do this every day of the week.Those that have the up to date information ,the facts on costs to their client.Not one agrees with you that I know of

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Of course not. Laws are morality. Every law is based on morality. The saying is better said, "You can't legislate without morality."

How can anybody be that naive? They say ignorance is bliss. Man you must be happy!

How can anybody be that naive? They say ignorance is bliss. Man you must be happy!

If you believe that Obama is leveling the playing field with his health care there is little that you won't believe.

His "more economical" insurance is a pathetic joke on those that put so much faith in this man

I don't see it that way. I have defined conservative beliefs and behavior that are cold-hearted. But I have never said, "Joe is cold-hearted" or "Linda is cold-hearted". That is not for me to say, nor do I have any interest in telling other people what their problems are - unless they request my opinion.

Indeed, I believe the Bible says "lake of fire". However I don't condemn individuals. I only sound the alarm. I talk about beliefs and behavior - not specific individuals.

Quote:

Not at all. The Bible is the keeper of beliefs and behavior. Shane is just one of God's humble servants.

Many times it seems as if Shane passed humble quite a ways back and gives us some beliefs that seem to be his opinion instead of God's word

Given the fact that conservatives give more money,personal time and even blood donations than the wealthier liberals explain to me who the mysterious "they" are in the examples you gave.I believe a humble servant of God should not condemn without facts. You accuse but I didn't see any fact

Want to deport hard-working honest latinos because they are guilty of a misdemeanor and can't speak English

Who wants latinos deported because thay don't speak english.Is the misdemeanor is that illegal aliens.If so and that is wrong,by all means open the borders and let all in.

Want to have English-only education in public schools so that Spanish-speaking students fall behind their English-speaking peers

Is this the opinion of Shane or can you show me where to find the information on who has said they want the spanish speaking students to fall behind?

Want to allow credit card companies to take advantage of the elderly, poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips on fancy jets and stock holders can get big dividends.

This is almost to silly to answer again. But first can you show me where to find who said this,the part about the elderly,poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips.You certainy would not be just voicing a opinion of yours

Most wealthy do not take out a CC so they can get free flights.

My brother is a wealthy man,really couldn't care less about free trips to take advantage of the elderly.

My son is not wealthy and he provided the plane tickets for my husband and I. The wealthy carry CC for the same reason most do and that is convenience.

If a job warrents 30.00 an hour total and the employee is paid 30.00 let him/her put their big boy/girl pants on and take care of their own needs.

[

When the choice is condemnation by Shane or going by what scripture says,Shane is not even in the running.

There is nothing biblical about open ended welfare to those that do not choose to take advantage of what is available. It does not give a time line but there are some clues that I put more faith in than what you say.

Every miracle Christ performed while on earth had one thing in common and that was participation by the recipient.

The cripple at the pool was told to take up his bed and walk.Wonder what wuld have happened if he had said"No Jesus,you pick it up,you know I have been a cripple"

The wedding at Cana required the ones complaining about running out of wine to being the containers.They could have said I suppose,No Jesus that is your job.

Those that received the miracles had to participate,as small a effort as it was.

The bible also has quite a bit to say about slothfulness and went so far as to say, "You don't work,you don't eat".

That leads me to believe your unending welfare that requires no responsibility is Shane's opinion only and I do not believe it is biblical

If Christians had fulfilled their obligation to the poor, there would have never been a need for the Great Society programs. The church failed to do its job so the government stepped in. That goes to show us that when the church fails to follow God's commands, God will accomplish His will through other means. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Without food stamps and welfare I would have died from starvation before I was five years old. I owe everything I have to the Great Society programs. Praise God LBJ wasn't a cold-hearted conservative.

If a job warrents 30.00 per hour including insurance and a employer pays the 30,00 per hour he is getting what he has coming.

That is sooooooo 20 century thinking. We don't live there anymore. This is the 21st century. Health-care insurance is part of an employee's compensation now (thank you President Obama [we love you])

The number of those drooling over the president is less and less all the time.

The neighbor that received his increase,compliments of Obama.

The local business that has increased his employee's and reduced the hours below 30 hurs a week of all.They are just thrilled .

The 279 employee's here that don't even have a job now,Thanks to Obama.Don't think he will be getting their vote if he runs again.Most would rather go back and have the affordable decnt coverage they had and 279 wished they had a job.

If Christians had fulfilled their obligation to the poor, there would have never been a need for the Great Society programs. The church failed to do its job so the government stepped in. That goes to show us that when the church fails to follow God's commands, God will accomplish His will through other means. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Without food stamps and welfare I would have died from starvation before I was five years old. I owe everything I have to the Great Society programs. Praise God LBJ wasn't a cold-hearted conservative.

You know that it was never said thatno aid should be given.Sounds good tho as you go on.

The great soceity has not made any dent in so -called poverty.

What should not be is unending welfare. When help is available

and the recipient says,Nah,catch me in a year or two. Then take the children get them into a good home and when the mother or adult in charge decides now maybe is the time give them help

We are in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Reagan didn't even turn around his recession in the first two years of his presidency. I think the Republicans will probably win control of the House of Representatives this Fall. Working together with them, I think the economy will tick up in time for the 2012 election and Prez. Obama will still have his red cape going into that year's election. God placed Obama where he is and God will keep him there if that is His will.

We are in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Reagan didn't even turn around his recession in the first two years of his presidency. I think the Republicans will probably win control of the House of Representatives this Fall. Working together with them, I think the economy will tick up in time for the 2012 election and Prez. Obama will still have his red cape going into that year's election. God placed Obama where he is and God will keep him there if that is His will.

I will be sure to tell those that have or will lose their job mainly because of the great "savings Obamacare" what you have said.

I am glad God has taken you into his confidence

The great soceity has not made any dent in so -called poverty.

Not true. That is simply a right-wing talking point.

In the mid-'60s my mom and dad lived in a shack with a dirt floor in Kansas. Their telephone was a party-line. They did not have a TV. They had no A/C. They had one car. The only clothing the kids ever got were from the used clothing store. The girls all slept in one bed and the boys all slept in another.

Today those on welfare are much better off. Many have carpetted floors, hot water heaters, dishwashers, cell phones, microwaves, air conditioning, electric washing machines, vacuum cleaners, and have a much longer life expectancy than the poverty class 50 years ago.

Praise God for LBJ!

Not true. That is simply a right-wing talking point.

Keep it up Obama,great coverage at a great price

Flatlines: ObamaCare Causes 3M to Cancel Retiree Health Insurance ... reports 3M will stop offering health insurance to its retirees in 2013 because of ObamaCare.

www.gop.gov/blog/10/10/04/flatlines-obamacare

Obama-care will be ammended to work out the kinks. The employer mandate won't be removed. In the end it will be a fantastic success just like Social Security and the Great Society programs. Obama will go into the history books like FDR and LBJ. If Jesus doesn't return quickly, I am sure I will live to see an Obama memorial built in the capital.