ClubAdventist is back!

What I like about....

Stan

Years ago, George Vanderman did a book called what I like about.... and he talk about 5-6 different Churches.

It was a barrier breaker for those of us who wanted to connect with members of those groups.

Let common sense prevail.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I have that book. I like it.

Morris Venden also has a book titled "Common Ground."

Neither author appears to be talking about participating in an occult ritual/festival to make friends with members of the occult, and thus prove that we are not legalists (Venden quote). Tis a horse of another color...

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Yes, I read that book too. I also have other booklets written by Skip McCarty about Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses detailing what they believe. I consider such books a great way to prepare for talking with people of other faiths. Especially if they bring up something you can't agree with, you can be prepared with an answer to explain what you believe in terms they can relate to.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

am thinking about doing a podcast.radio show, called www.WhatILikeAbout.info I have the support of our Union President in Principal... and it would be followed up by going to the blog and viewing the common sense teachings of the Bible as shown by the Adventist church.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Olger, tell me where I said we had to participate in those festivals?
The only mention in this thread was mine - quite correct. There are three other contemporary threads that I was referencing. One notable exception - the imperative "had to." No one on either side of the discussion has yet suggested that the activity is compulsory.

As to Vandeman's book - good stuff. I am also in favor of making all kinds of friends in other religions. Nancy & I spent part of the day yesterday with an Episcopalian chaplain. Nice fellow.

We like people a lot. Because we care for people, we don't like some of the destructive compromise that is crawling into the church, but that's another discussion.

Good luck on your venture - if you do it. Do you like public speaking?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Years ago, George Vanderman did a book called what I like about.... and he talk about 5-6 different Churches.

It was a barrier breaker for those of us who wanted to connect with members of those groups.

Let common sense prevail.

It seems the better part of discretion to wish the best for all of humanity, the individual and then the institution. However is that possible in a homogenous society of indiscriminate acceptance without the danger of losing one's soul to delusion?

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."2 Cor 11:13-15 NKJV

God Blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!