ClubAdventist is back!

What is the responsibility of the church?

remnant

Luke 10:30-37

Shouldn't the church and it's people walk pass someone in need of help?

God's priest, of old, walked by him. A Levite did as well. What about the gentile that wants to go to heaven? What shall he do? Is this a calling? Faith is in vain without these kind of works.

This is a true story that is facing God when he looks down on the earth. His people have been robbed and left for dead. His clothes (identity) has been stolen. A brutal man is walking around with his clothes.

Jesus is talking about his people, the remnant.

Who are the ones that washed their robes in the blood of the lamb?

Surely, there will be many gentiles going into heaven. Not all.

• Moderators

Welcome to the Adventist Forum, remnant. I hope we see a lot of your posts, and I hope there will be a good response to them, including this one. It's an important and interesting topic.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I might be mistaken, but it is my opinion that there will be no genitles in heaven just as there will not be any Jews, Catholics, Christians, Muslims or other nations or religions in heaven. Everyone there will belong to the Kingdom of Heaven. I can find only ONE way anyone will get into this KOH, and that is by being born of the Holy Spirit AFTER becoming righteous. (John 3, look at verse 21!) There is no such thing as being adopted as many mistakenly believe. And there is no such thing as being grafted into the vine/tree from a different vine/tree.

Take a look at Rev. 12:17 to see the qualification needed to be among this group. They all must keep all of the ten commandments AND the words of Jesus. This does not mean the words of others who never knew Jesus while He was here on earth.

The church's responsibility is to be ready when Jesus comes like a thief (not the same event as coming in the clouds). The church's responsibility is to heed the warnings to it as found in Revelation 2 and 3.

Luke 10:30-37

Shouldn't the church and it's people walk pass someone in need of help?

God's priest, of old, walked by him. A Levite did as well. What about the gentile that wants to go to heaven? What shall he do? Is this a calling? Faith is in vain without these kind of works.

This is a true story that is facing God when he looks down on the earth. His people have been robbed and left for dead. His clothes (identity) has been stolen. A brutal man is walking around with his clothes.

Jesus is talking about his people, the remnant.

Who are the ones that washed their robes in the blood of the lamb?

Surely, there will be many gentiles going into heaven. Not all.

Jesus Himseld declared that the children of the Kingdom would be cast out! Who are the children of the kingdom if not those who profess to follow Christ? In the same breath Jesus declared that many from all over the world would sit at the table with Abraham in the kingdom.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

"Jesus Himself declared that the children of the Kingdom would be cast out! Who are the children of the kingdom if not those who profess to follow Christ?"

The tribes of Israel when they did not accept Jesus when he came. History shows that the Romans slaughtered them. Some got away, but the curse eventually caught up with them. This is the falling away.

"In the same breath Jesus declared that many from all over the world would sit at the table with Abraham in the kingdom."

This is true. These are the ones that did not believe the Devil who came to deceive the whole world.

The Lord talked many times about the lie. People who delighted in a lie. Matthew 7:24 This parable is about living on the truth opposed to living on a lie. Lawlessness is referring to liars. You must ask yourself what is this lie. Luke 10:30-37 holds the answer.

"there will not be any Jews, Catholics, Christians, Muslims or other nations or religions in heaven."

Revelation 11:2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. Yes! Everyone will belong to the Kingdom.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be which go in thereat - Is there is a deceiver in the world??? What is broad? What is narrow?

Rev. 12:17 ...to have the testimony... Is it safe to say that Jesus wasn't with this group? They are the remnant of her seed meaning last remaining.

Rev. 12:17 "And the dragon (Satan), was enraged with the Woman (Holy Spirit), and went off to make war (spiritual war), with the rest (who was born first--Jesus) of Her offspring (brothers and sisters of Jesus--being born of the Holy Spirit), who keep (works) the commandments (covenant) of God and hold fast to the testimony (what Jesus said He came to this world to do--testify to what the Father wanted Him to say), of Jesus."

I do not see the word "remnant" in my bible. (NASV)

It is in the King James Version

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the REMNANT of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Do you have other scriptures that support your reasoning?

I might be mistaken, but it is my opinion that there will be no genitles in heaven just as there will not be any Jews, Catholics, Christians, Muslims or other nations or religions in heaven. Everyone there will belong to the Kingdom of Heaven. I can find only ONE way anyone will get into this KOH, and that is by being born of the Holy Spirit AFTER becoming righteous.

So you have to become righteous on your own, before the Holy Spirit will have anything to do with you? What a twisted idea. That idea came straight from Satan himself. If that were true, then we would all be lost.

Good luck manufacturing your own righteousness.

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and ALL our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; ...

Isa 54:17 ... This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, says the LORD.

• Members

Oh please!!!! Stop reposting Dr. Rich's quote!!! I go into hysterical laughter every time I read it!! ROFL

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Rev. 12:17 "And the dragon (Satan), was enraged with the Woman (Holy Spirit), and went off to make war (spiritual war), with the rest (who was born first--Jesus) of Her offspring (brothers and sisters of Jesus--being born of the Holy Spirit), who keep (works) the commandments (covenant) of God and hold fast to the testimony (what Jesus said He came to this world to do--testify to what the Father wanted Him to say), of Jesus."

I do not see the word "remnant" in my bible. (NASV)

In your NASV Key Word Study Bible, please check page 2215 under the Greek noun, loipoi, Strongs #3062. You will find that it mentions "remnant" as one of the legitimate translations of this word. The main definition it gives is "remaining ones." Therefore the KJV is correct in translating the word as "remnant." It may, however, also be translated as "rest" or "remainder."

The NASV is not the only good translation in the world, nor is it always right.

No single translation is always correct. That is why they all need to be updated from time to time.

The verse is given here in the Standard English Version and the KJV:

Rev. 12:17

Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Rev. 12:17

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

As noted aboved, the word "remnant" is the translation of the Greek noun loipos (Strongs #3062).

This same word occurs about 32 times in the NT, among which are the following in the KJV--

Matt. 22: 6-- And the remnant took his servants

Rev. 3: 2-- "the things left" or "things that remain"

Rev. 9: 20-- the rest of the men which were not

Rev. 11: 13-- and the remnant were affrighted

Rev. 19: 21-- and the remnant were slain

Rev. 20: 5-- But the rest of the dead lived not again until

The remnant of a bolt of cloth refers to the last part of it. The last part is the same as the first part.

So the "remnant," or last part, of the woman's seed will be same as the first part of the woman's seed. The woman's seed is the early church. So it is saying that the last people of God who live just before Christ returns will be the same as God's people who lived during the time of the first church.

God's true people at the end of time will closely resemble the first part of the church in their teachings and in their devotion to Christ. That is why these people at the end of this world's history are described as keeping the commandments of God, having the testimony of Jesus Christ, the Spirit of prophecy, and keeping the faith of Jesus.

They keep the faith of Jesus, keep all of God's commandments (including the Sabbath) and they have among them the manifestation of the gift of the Holy Spirit in the form of prophecy. Needless to say, they look forward to the second coming of Chirst as did that first generation of the church.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

yes, and try "Strong's" 4690--"Sperma" Offspring--as in son or daughter. (for the word "Offspring")

I suppose that "sperma" goes right along with the "genitles".

• Moderators

Yeah, I have the same Keyword Bible and it's one of my favorite, too. I have the NASV edition but you can get it also in the KJV.