ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Laura Schlessinger

bonnie

TALK show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has landed a multi-year deal with Sirius!

Schlessinger will bring her Dr. Laura advice program to satellite radio in January, it was announced Monday. Specific terms were not revealed.

Schlessinger — who famously apologized for using the N-word on the air 11 times while talking to a black woman — announced on CNN’s Larry King Live on Aug. 17 that she was walking away from her syndicated radio program when her contract ended.

Laura ends her show on Friday, Dec. 31. The following Monday, her Dr. Laura show will begin live at 2 p.m. on Sirius XM. It will air for three hours a day on Monday through Friday.

“The first and most important thing that appealed to me was the freedom to speak my mind without advertisers and affiliates being attacked by activist groups that just love to censor anything they don’t agree with,” she said. “That just about made my heart and head explode.”

Schlessinger said she’ll have some new segments on her show, including interviews with people about situations “that are relevant to the morals, values, principles and ethics that I nag about every day.”

She said she’s sure she’ll say things that will offend someone.

“When I talk about married couples staying together for the sake of the children, somebody’s offended,” she said. “When I talk about mothers staying home with their babies, feminists are offended. When I talk about how wives should have more sex with their husbands, women are offended.”

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Yeah, me too. I like the good Dr. I think she's outstanding.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Traveling I try to listen to talk shows. I have heard her on many occasions. I don't always agree with her. She is definitely interesting to listen to. Much prefer to listen to her than Rush, and a few others. Also loved listening to Paul Harvey.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

While listening to her years ago it was evident she was grounded in 'good morals' but not in the Bible. Though outspoken, even vitriolic towards those who transgress God's Law (fornicators who shack-up for example), Dr. L. is confused about the Sabbath. As a Jew she knows it is the seventh day, but speaks at length of her commonality with Christian Sunday-keepers or those Jews who choose to do their own pleasure on God's time. Nothing amiss there.

Would that someone with her frank approach could run the whole ten yards.

Meh.

I know who she is. I am usually working in the middle of the day and I don't have time to listen to talk radio. I am aware of the controversy, but to me it is much ado about not much. I refuse to pay a monthly fee to listen to sirius radio.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass