ClubAdventist is back!

In a new "little" town

GFruge

I work a job where I am at home for 2 weeks and away at work for 2 weeks.

Recently, I've been stationed in a little town in Oklahoma. The population of the closest town is about 10-15 minutes away only has a little over 200 people.

The closest Adventist church is about 45 minutes away and the church is very small, only like 11 attendees. The population of the town is approx. 18,000 people.

Anyways, I've been thinking about making mail flyers and sending them to this small community of 200 people to do free bible studies in the evening when I'm in this area.

I'm looking for prayer for the small community and for a guy named Ralph that I was able to witness to today and pass on some media for him and his family to study.

I'm off to hit the knees in prayer and may God Bless,

Thanks

Baptized 2008

• Moderators

Hey, GFruge, that's wonderful work that you're doing. We'll be praying for you and for your contacts. Please let us know what happens. You're doing the very work that God would have us do. May God bless you and give you the words to speak to those people. I pray that God will lead you to the ones who are hungering and thirsting for Bible truth.

I have family who live in some small towns in Oklahoma like the ones you describe. Sounds like some of the SDA churches in Kansas, too.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I hit the knees in prayer thanking God that he is leading. Sometimes we're clueless to the plans that he has in store for us. Things that are so small, but yet are so great in his eyes.

For example:

I had an errand to run yesterday into this city about 45 minutes away. On my way to run the errand, I said that I'd stop by the post office to mail a friend some media to encourage his study. He's a believer in the Adventist message, but we're never to stop encouraging them. Nevertheless, he has media in audio format, but wanted a copy of the Video format. I have the series that he's looking for and made him copies. Anyways, I finished the copy and was going to mail them off Friday. I turned in to the post office and looked down on the seat and didn't see anything there. I started fussing myself for forgetting something so important. Afterwards, I just laughed and said that I'd mail the media Monday. Well, today I met up with a guy that I had met several times before, but today he was wearing a Jesus hat. I made a comment about the hat and there went our opening to a good healthy conversation about the bible. He told me that he had been studying Jeremiah and that the New Testament meant nothing without the Old Testament. Well, instead of giving him an ear full of Adventist beliefs, I just agreed with him and concentrated on being a friend. As we were about to depart one another, the DVD's popped into my mind. I asked him if he would be receptive to some media to study further on prophecy. He agreed. Had I mailed those DVD's Friday, this guy would not have this set of media to study. Not only him, but his family as well.

We're only a link in the chain. We make one friend who we're able to share the Gospel with and in turn that person is able to aide in bringing another person to Christ.

Thanks be to God for something so simple, but yet so important and powerful!!!

Baptized 2008

• Members

GFruge, welcome to C/A, hope you have a great experience while you are here. Will add you to our pray list. Hope you had a great Sabbath.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}