ClubAdventist is back!

Group Expects World to Begin to End on May 21, 2011

John317

• Moderators

Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

By TOM BREEN, Associated Press – Mon Jan 3, 3:28 am ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – If there had been time, Marie Exley would have liked to start a family. Instead, the 32-year-old Army veteran has less than six months left, which she'll spend spreading a stark warning: Judgment Day is almost here.

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin on May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they're using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling in countries from Latin America to Africa to spread the news outside the U.S.

"A lot of people might think, 'The end's coming, let's go party,'" said Exley, a veteran of two deployments in Iraq. "But we're commanded by God to warn people. I wish I could just be like everybody else, but it's so much better to know that when the end comes, you'll be safe."

In August, Exley left her home in Colorado Springs, Colo., to work with Oakland, Calif.-based Family Radio Worldwide, the independent Christian ministry whose leader, Harold Camping, has calculated the May 21 date based on his reading of the Bible.

She is organizing traveling columns of RVs carrying the message from city to city, a logistics challenge that her military experience has helped solve. The vehicles are scheduled to be in five North Carolina cities between now and the second week of January, but Exley will shortly be gone: overseas, where she hopes to eventually make it back to Iraq.

"I don't really have plans to come back," she said. "Time is short."

Not everyone who's heard Camping's message is taking such a dramatic step. They're remaining in their day-to-day lives, but helping publicize the prophecy in other ways. Allison Warden, of Raleigh, has been helping organize a campaign using billboards, post cards and other media in cities across the U.S. through a website, We Can Know.

The 29-year-old payroll clerk laughs when asked about reactions to the message, which is plastered all over her car.

"It's definitely against the grain, I know that," she said. "We're hoping people won't take our word for it, or Harold Camping's word for it. We're hoping that people will search the scriptures for themselves."

Camping, 89, believes the Bible essentially functions as a cosmic calendar explaining exactly when various prophecies will be fulfilled.

The retired civil engineer said all his calculations come from close readings of the Bible, but that external events like the foundation of the state of Israel in 1948 are signs confirming the date.

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he said.

The doctrine known as the Rapture teaches that believers will be taken up to heaven, while everyone else will remain on earth for a period of torment, concluding with the end of time. Camping believes that will happen in October.

"If May 21 passes and I'm still here, that means I wasn't saved. Does that mean God's word is inaccurate or untrue? Not at all," Warden said.

The belief that Christ will return to earth and bring an end to history has been a basic element of Christian belief since the first century. The Book of Revelation, which comes last in the New Testament, describes this conclusion in vivid language that has inspired Christians for centuries.

But few churches are willing to set a date for the end of the world, heeding Jesus' words in the gospels of Mark and Matthew that no one can know the day or hour it will happen. Predictions like Camping's, though, aren't new. One of the most famous in history was by the Baptist leader William Miller, who predicted the end for Oct. 22, 1844, which came to be known as the Great Disappointment among his followers, some of who subsequently founded the Seventh Day Adventist church.

"In the U.S., there is still a significant population, mostly Protestant, who look at the Bible as kind of a puzzle, and the puzzle is God's word and it's predicting when the end times will come," said Catherine Wessinger, a professor at Loyola University in New Orleans who studies millennialism, the belief in pending apocalypse.

"A lot of times these prophecies gain traction when difficulties are happening in society," she said. "Right now, there's a lot of insecurity, and this is a promise that says it's not all random, it's part of God's plan."

Past predictions that failed to come true don't have any bearing on the current calculation, believers maintain.

"It would be like telling the Wright Brothers that every other attempt to fly has failed, so you shouldn't even try," said Chris McCann, who works with eBible Fellowship, one of the groups spreading the message.

For believers like McCann, theirs is actually a message of hope and compassion: God's compassion for people, and the hope that there's still time to be saved.

That, ultimately, is what spurs on Exley, who said her beliefs have alienated her from most of her friends and family. Her hope is that not everyone who hears her message will mock it, and that even people who dismiss her now might still come to believe.

"If you still want to say we're crazy, go ahead," she said. "But it doesn't hurt to look into it."

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• John317

• Woody

• teresaq

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has replied to this? I discovered this in October. There is a website called www.wecanknow.com. They believe the rapture will occur on this date, and they are publishing ads, billboards and the like all across our nation and even a few in other countries stating this. What will happen when Jesus doesn't return on that date? Or, what will happen when he appears to return on that date? We don't know what will or won't happen on that date (05/21/11) but it is clear that the final events are beginning to unfold.

I strongly feel that things in the world are about to change very soon and very quickly. Satan has a false for every true. He knows his time is short. Prophecies are being fulfilled before our very eyes. Just look at Egypt.

I fully believe that the "little time of trouble" is upon us and we know what that will lead to. Here's a quote you will probably recognize...

“The commencement of that time of trouble,” here mentioned does not refer to the time when the plagues shall begin to be poured out, but to a short period just before they are poured out, while Christ is in the sanctuary. At that time, while the work of salvation is closing, trouble will be coming on the earth, and the nations will be angry, yet held in check so as not to prevent the work of the third angel." EGW, Early Writings, 36

Nations appear to be getting very angry, as if they weren't already angry. There are signs that this "revolution" is going to spread to other countries, not to mention what will happen to gas prices, and then food prices, on a GLOBAL scale, if the Suez Canal is shut down.

Now I've rambled on, but I feel so strongly about this, so I apologize. I hope people can see what is happening before us and recognize what time it is.

*~Jenniƒer~*

I feel sorry for those who have been deceived by the Rapture theory. The Bible is very clear that "No man knoweth............" nuff sed

• Moderators

We had someone posting here just recently who was saying something (wouldn't specify what) will happen in late April.

Guess we'll see. I'm happy if the Second Coming is in April, just after I turn 47. I'm ready for a new eternal body any day now!

Truth is important

• Members

I feel sorry for those who have been deceived by the Rapture theory. The Bible is very clear that "No man knoweth............" nuff sed

thumbsupthumbsup

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I feel sorry for my SDA brothers and sisters.

The 10 Virgins parable teaches that half of the saints will miss the boat.

Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah. Noah was a preacher of righteousness. The SDA church gave the world the message of Righteousness by Faith in 1888. As it was in the days of Noah, he was allotted 120-years. 1888+ 120= 2008, but there is not one SDA in 1,000 that knows what happened in 2008 to fulfill Christ's words.

We debate over a day for a year, but fail to see how Christ said that a day has 12-hours and Peter said a day is as 1,000-years to God. Putting that together an hour can have 83-years 4-months. The hour of God's Judgment began 22 October 1844. 83-years 4-months later, the Judgment could have switched from the dead to the living on 22 February 1928. And the 83-year 4 months from that day will end 22 April 2011, which is Passover on the Jewish Calender.

And while I'm at it Revelation 13 teaches that Pope Benedict is the last one. The papal beast with the wound in 1798 was healed in 1929 and the beast with the healed wound has only 7 heads: Pius XI. Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John-Paul I, John-Paul II, and # 7 Benedict XVI.

And a close study of Daniel 7 teaches that Mr. Obama is America's last President.

But the virgins will deny the word of God without looking at the facts, lament that someone could think that Jesus is coming this year or really soon there after, and sleep on when they should wake up and look outside the box.

The Spirit of Prophecy clearly states that God will declare the day and hour immediately before the fact, but those sleeping Virgins won't have enough of the Holy Spirit living in them to hear the good news.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Not sure of your age, but many of us have been around this 'date game' for a long time. All have been just as serious as you about the dates and just as wrong. Focusing on a date will not prepare anyone, any sooner, more of a false alarm. What happens when people focus on the date and it passes without the prediction coming true? Does that strengthen the faith or start doubt?

I remember being a teenager and hearing someone proclaim (complete with carefully worked out Bible proof-texts and time lines) that Jesus was coming back in 1986.

Then it was 1998. Then 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2012. (Did I miss any? I'm sure there were more dates.)

I'm afraid I just don't have it in me to get all worked up and excited any more when someone names a date.

I'm also over the whole 'guilt trip' people try to lay on you by constantly admonishing you to 'get ready.' 'You're not ready.' 'The church is not ready.' 'Everyone is asleep. The church needs to wake up.'

Do I have a relationship with Christ? Check.

Do I spend time with Him and His word regularly? Check.

Do I confess known sins and aim, with His help, to live a godly life daily? Check.

So when I ask one of these self-styled prophets exactly what else has to be done in order to 'get ready, get ready, get ready', what do I hear? Silence.

Do I build an underground bunker in the mountains and fill it with guns and baked beans?

Do I put on a white robe and stand on top of a mountain, and wait?

How will I know when I am 'ready'?

Is the one who is haranguing me to 'get ready', ready himself? Or is his voice so strident because he is also not sure?

Why do SDA's make it so difficult? Other Christians know. They are sure. They are either on God's side, or they are not. We agonize about whether we are 'ready', and what it means to be 'ready', and whether we will ever be 'ready' enough.

Just my random thoughts for today.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

Beautfully expressed, Aldona.

Thank you.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Not sure of your age, but many of us have been around this 'date game' for a long time. All have been just as serious as you about the dates and just as wrong. Focusing on a date will not prepare anyone, any sooner, more of a false alarm. What happens when people focus on the date and it passes without the prediction coming true? Does that strengthen the faith or start doubt?

His child Henry 

We had someone posting here just recently who was saying something (wouldn't specify what) will happen in late April.

Guess we'll see. I'm happy if the Second Coming is in April, just after I turn 47. I'm ready for a new eternal body any day now!

His child Henry 

happysabbath

What's the Point??? !!!!!!! . . .

Yes, I'll confirm that Abib 17 [beginning at sunset on Friday April 22,] 2011 is, more than likely, the beginning of that most important Sabbath within the Feast of Unleavened Bread upon which the Waving of the Sheaf is being brought, and which day constitutes Day #1 of 50 towards the Day of Sabbaths, God's own very special annual Seventh-day Sabbath celebration... One of His most special appointments in time with me and you...

Yes, as always, and as particularly emphasized by the prophet Jonas, this is a matter of a most personal and individualized preparation... That is, no one but God Himself, Yahweh Elohim, the Creator of all, His guidance, His Scriptures, His laws, His principles, is to be our authority. That is, no one, and no thing, not specifically authorized by God for making a decision on behalf of another, is ever authorized by God for so doing, or else it is idolatry in verity. The one and only hierarchy authorized by the Creator is that one which is created, from the beginning, in the image of the Family of God, the Creator, that is, male and female, the basis of every living being, the foundation of every family...

But, as to your way of reckoning time from October 22, 1844... Well, I won't get into that. If it brings you closer to the Scriptures, and closer to your Maker, then all the more power to you! May His showers of blessing be with you each and every day as He guides you onwards, ever onwards, on your path to ever greater truths and life!

So, what may be the nature of the end each of us are choosing for ourselves? Are we identifying each ourselves as part of a nation whose prime official objective is self-destruction even unto death and unto a total elimination of the entire State? That is, such a scenario of self-destruction as is being proclaimed by the semisecret owners of the plantation behind the curtain, those that are pulling the strings of the puppets that are generally perceived as the leaders of the nation and as the "authorities" [that is, such as were never ever part of God's original plan for anyone?] As exemplified for all in ever so many ways: Even from such as is generally perceived as "natural" aging and "natural" deaths, unto such more extreme and sudden ends as dying by violence in war, or in the preparation for war, such as are the escalating events of which 9-11 was only one of many of which we should, each of us, be receiving advance warning through the Three Angels of Revelation 14...

Or - on the other hand - am I choosing for myself, in verity and in my day to day living, an ever new beginning? Am I ever ready to leave behind such things as are not of God? Am I ever ready to accept from my Creator such wonderful gifts of love, health, and a meaningful life, such as He alone has the power and know how to give unto each? Am I ever ready to step out in faith into such things that are heretofore unknown territory for me, when God specifically is calling me to do so?

Is the nature of "the end" really designed, from the beginning, to be "the beginning...?" That is, the beginning of my next little step towards the Kingdom of God being realized within my very own life? Perhaps this link might shed a little light on the real truth behind the teachings of the Holy Scriptures re that one little particular...

Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Shabbat Shalom,

Tree of Life ©

angel1

CoAspen,

Thanks for the caution--I am only 65. The following excerpt from the Spirit of Prophecy is to be taken seriously, however:

And as God spoke the day and the hour of Jesus' coming and delivered the everlasting covenant to His people, He spoke one sentence, and then paused, while the words were rolling through the earth. The Israel of God stood with their eyes fixed upward, listening to the words as they came from the mouth of Jehovah, and rolled through the earth like peals of loudest thunder. It was awfully solemn. And at the end of every sentence the saints shouted, "Glory! Alleluia!" Their countenances were lighted up with the glory of God; and they shone with the glory, as did the face of Moses when he came down from Sinai. The wicked could not look on them for the glory. And when the never-ending blessing was pronounced on those who had honored God in keeping His Sabbath holy, there was a mighty shout of victory over the beast and over his image. (EW 34)

When we announce "the day and the hour," many will hear only the "peals of loudest thunder."

Prepare to meet thy God.

Chick

Quote:
I am seeing the error of the way that the date setting is being rejected out of hand by those that assume that they have been around this date game for a long time

I for 1 am willing to stand up and say count me amoung the ones who reject it out of hand. The Gospel of Fear is not really a quality motivator.

I really don't care about the date that Jesus comes. He can come when He wants to. My job is to be ready NOW ... not when He comes.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

CoAspen,

Thanks for the caution--I am only 65. The following excerpt from the Spirit of Prophecy is to be taken seriously, however:

And as God spoke the day and the hour of Jesus' coming and delivered the everlasting covenant to His people, He spoke one sentence, and then paused, while the words were rolling through the earth. The Israel of God stood with their eyes fixed upward, listening to the words as they came from the mouth of Jehovah, and rolled through the earth like peals of loudest thunder. It was awfully solemn. And at the end of every sentence the saints shouted, "Glory! Alleluia!" Their countenances were lighted up with the glory of God; and they shone with the glory, as did the face of Moses when he came down from Sinai. The wicked could not look on them for the glory. And when the never-ending blessing was pronounced on those who had honored God in keeping His Sabbath holy, there was a mighty shout of victory over the beast and over his image. (EW 34)

When we announce "the day and the hour," many will hear only the "peals of loudest thunder."

Prepare to meet thy God.

When I study the parable of the 10 Virgins: It implies that 1/2 the Remnant Church will be lost. So I wonder: what can I do to wake up the sleeping saint before it is forever too late?

When the disciples choose to nap when they needed to be praying just before the crucifixion, Jesus came to them and told them to wake up and pray that they entered not into temptation. Then the third time, He said "sleep on, the hour is here."

Read the e-book, J'Mask Unveiled and tell me if the hours is at hand. Send me a PM and I will give you a copy.

His child Henry 

Quote:
I am seeing the error of the way that the date setting is being rejected out of hand by those that assume that they have been around this date game for a long time

I for 1 am willing to stand up and say count me amoung the ones who reject it out of hand. The Gospel of Fear is not really a quality motivator.

I really don't care about the date that Jesus comes. He can come when He wants to. My job is to be ready NOW ... not when He comes.

His child Henry 

Like I said. I really don't care. But if it is important to you then by all means focus on it. I pray it doesn't do you harm.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

"Work our own salvation with fear and trembeling.."

Yes, date setting will be dangerous, however it is more dangerous if we think the fullfilment of Jesus 2nd coming will come far away in the future

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

I can honestly say that I am in the midst of preparing for "tomorrow" to be my last day on planet Earth. It might not come today nor the next but we ought, no...MUST be in a state of ready-ness at all times.

I could be killed if one was to run the car off the mountain road, or a tree topple over while I'm sleeping in my bed or parked beneath, or the government (like so many on this globe) may begin to run amuck.

I will not worry myself about setting date because Jesus told His disciples that only the Father knew the exact time. He only knows what I am capable of enduring and my time might end sooner than later. I am putting that in His hands.

Point is, I must be ready NOW! So work and pray and hide the Word in my heart and share with others the Good News. Amen?

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

"Work our own salvation with fear and trembeling.."

Yes, date setting will be dangerous, however it is more dangerous if we think the fullfilment of Jesus 2nd coming will come far away in the future

The Bereans studied to show themselves approved unto God. Those that prayerfully compare Scripture with Scripture will not be ashamed when Christ Comes.

Remember Moses and the brazen serpent. Look and live or don't look and accept the consequences.

We will do as you have said or we will value ourselves as being unworthy and make no efforts.

His child Henry 

Point is, I must be ready NOW! So work and pray and hide the Word in my heart and share with others the Good News. Amen?

I don't disagree.

But in order to give the trumpet the right sound at the right time, we have to understand the word of God. To fail to give the right message at the right time may result in saying peace and safety when sudden destruction is at hand.

I share with people from my study of Bible prophecy and the Spirit of Prophecy that:

1)Pope Benedict XVI is the last pope identified in the Bible

2)Satan pretending to be Pope John-Paul II is the next pope

3) President Obama is the last American President identified in Bible Prophecy

4)The Hour of His judgment began 22 October 1844

[a prophetic hour can be 83-years 4-months]

The hour of the judgment of the dead most likely ended

22 February 1928.

The hour of the Judgment of the living follows immediately

and will most likely end 22 April 2011 (on Sabbath/passover)

5) Babylon is fallen now includes the Apostate Protestant Churches...come out of them My people

6)The final events will be rapid ones

Remember the fall of Berlin Wall?

How about the fall of the government in Tunisia?

and the fall or the government in Jordan last week?

If I'm wrong show me from the Scripture, because that is where I got what I teach. If I am right teach it.

But beware of being uncertain or indifferent. The message to Laodicea condemns the lukewarm.

Know where you stand and take your stand for what you know!

His child Henry 

His Child, thank you for sharing. If the judgment of the living does end on 22 April 2011 doesn't that also mean:

1. Human probation has closed

2. The 144,000 have been numbered and sealed

3. The martyrs have been numbered and killed

4. Everyone else have received the mark of the beast

5. The seven last plague will begin to fall

I have been taught that too.

But when the 70-years ended in the reign of Cyrus, with his decree to restore Jerusalem, the captivity of the Jews did not end completely. Two more decrees followed. The 70-years were doubled, and 2300-days after they were doubled the newly rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem was cleansed shortly after Ezra arrived in Jerusalem.

So God may allow some time for finishing up loose ends? But Christ will come at an "Appointed time." And we will have to do the things that we did not do in a time of ease under the most trying circumstances.

I would add that the wait and see attitude was not good for those in the days of Noah; they waited to see the rain fall before they knew - yep Noah was right. They waited too long!

What I do know is that the last pope is in office, as is the last American President, and we are getting down to the wire. This is the 12th hour in which we should be watching, not for the day and the hour, but that our souls are right with God, and that we are faithfully giving the right message from God to a world that is about to meet its Maker.

This is not the time for our young people to be taking jobs with the military. Not the time to be buying expensive cars and houses. It is time to secure that mountain hide-a-way. It is time to agitate the sleeping saints to wake up before they sleep the slumber that leads to death. It is the time to put our resources into the Lord's work to faithfully finish the job that He has assigned us to do.

If you remember the fall of the Berlin Wall. It was rapid.

The recent change of governments in Tunisia and Jordan happened over night. Yemen's government is being challenged. The trouble in Egypt is strengthening Mr. Obama as a world "leader." Remember 9/11/01? The world changed in an instant. The last events will be RAPID ONES.

This is the time to WATCH the PROPHECIES!

If you give what I have discovered in my studies a fair hearing and it proves wrong: trash it. But be like the Bereans: check out the facts before you make up your mind. Rightly divide the word of truth to be God's workman that does not need to be ashamed when you stand in His presence.

I tried to make my studies "clear" just wrote "J'Mask Unveiled"

It is an e-book that makes it more simple for the saints. To get a free copy, request it by sending me a note at loudcry.2007@gmail.com

God is working. A retired SDA evangelist that is very well known has begun to review my studies. He is in his 80's so I don't know how long it will take him. I believe that God is waking up the saints.

Blessings

His child Henry 

• Members

The beginning of the end of the world started 6000 years ago.

thumbsup Now that's a very good point.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60