ClubAdventist is back!

Understand the Egypt situation

Stan

• Administrators

I've also been watching it and am amazed at the million or so number given for the protestors. I've noticed that they are pretty much all young people, too. But I am not sure of the issues, except that government reforms are desired.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Personally I don't think they know what they want. Kind of reminds me of the way Jesus was killed, some people started shouting and everyone joined in and afterwards probably asked each other what just happened? Same thing still happening in the middle east, seems like nobody has a clue, until its over and than there stuck with some real crazy guy in charge, just like the Palestinians right now and even Lebanon.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

>>THE people EGYPT want...<<

What?--there's like 80 million Egyptians and mebbe a quarter million (250,000) of them demonstrating. Are those numbers anywhere 'telling' that

our Administration should get out in front of the issue with

"y'alls gotta do this and that"?

It may have been wiser for our reps to have given the matter a bit of time to develop before we jumped in with the fast/loose lips and the kneejerk.

The entire brouhaha may end up being a very bad thing for us - and, of course that's where our interests ought to lie - with us - say what?

• Moderators

Well yeah, your issues should lie with you. And theirs with them. But your guys have been supporting an evil, kleptocratic dictator in their country for decades. What are they meant to do? Keep on sucking it up for your convenience?

Truth is important

I am also trying to figure this out. At first it seemed like Mubarak was the "bad guy" but now the media is trying to make it seem like the Muslim Brotherhood are the bad ones. Everything seemed to change when the pro-Mubarak group showed up out of thin air. I believe that all major world events have an ulterior motive behind them. What I'd really like to know is what this is going to accomplish for the rest of the world and the only conclusion I can come to is that the powers that be want this chaos to spread to other parts of the world to further their agenda. In the words of Timothy Geitner, "Never let a serious crisis go to waste...".

*~Jenniƒer~*

Mubarak has been leader of Egypt for 30 years and can only be described as a dictator. The people demonstrating are mainly the middle classes who want democracy, not an Islamic republic. The Muslim Brotherhood want a state like Iran, which would be dire for the world and Israel.

The problem is that we in the west want more democracy but we might end up with a state that elects Islamic fundamentalists, as happened in Iran.

Mubarak has been leader of Egypt for 30 years and can only be described as a dictator. The people demonstrating are mainly the middle classes who want democracy, not an Islamic republic. The Muslim Brotherhood want a state like Iran, which would be dire for the world and Israel.

The problem is that we in the west want more democracy but we might end up with a state that elects Islamic fundamentalists, as happened in Iran.

They keep talking of a orderly transition but to who and what? No one seems to have an answer.Obama says he wants a orderly transition,does he have an idea in mind as to who shall have power.

Look at the population of Eygpt and the relatively small group making demands by comparison.Who is it that wants what?

Would it surprise anyone to see this orderly transition be made to the "muslim brotherhood"

When any country has someone put in power by fear or force how has it turned out in the past.

Many seem to think the Muslim Brotherhood is a warm cuddly group just waiting for an opportunity for a massive group hug

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman