ClubAdventist is back!

Who here among us, has not been broken?

Stan

Open sentence for this great song. Even those who have had their heart turned to stone over pain, can connect with this...

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

The power of Avalon's vocals testifies (no pun intended) to the continued popularity of the group, despite so many member changes over the years.

Great song! I know many who can be benefitted by its message right at this moment. I think I should share it on Facebook.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

this is dedicated to the

wounded

weary

worn out

and those who are weak right now.

It would be great if EVERYONE used the option to facebook this.

I am broken and have been for a long time. Praise God He continues to work with me but every time it seems we get one thing fixed another part breaks down.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Open sentence for this great song. Even those who have had their heart turned to stone over pain, can connect with this...

">

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

[video:youtube]

Thank you for that, Stan, and so true. When I see from how far down I've come, the tears flow freely.

I believe it was Mike Tucker who had one of the Talley Trio on his program entitled "Quest", where the featured person with ministry in song, sang that same song, each every bit as good as the other. It's the Man behind the message that makes it so moving.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Well; I really appreciated the message of that song...couldn't have come at a better time. A great Sabbath Blessing.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Many are broken. Yet that is what we are called to be.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Psalm 51 talks about the broken and contrite heart that are accepted by God.

When we are broken, we know what is sorrow and understood what Jesus has gone throught (a little bit) when he was despised and smitten for our sake.

On the other hand, some people could never appreciate this and blame God for something that they themselves could have avoided should they listen to God at the first place.

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

• Moderators

What makes the difference is our choice whether to stay broken or allow ourselves to be mended. And sometimes, even after you're mended, the pieces fall out, and you have to let yourself be mended again. It can be tough.

LD

I don't know how many of us truly understand "brokeness." It is easy to sit back & theorize about it "for others."

It has been my personal experience that in the active darkness of our brokeness, we have already done all we could by our own deliberate efforts. It is important to realize that when we are overwhelmed by the superior strength of our brokeness, that we can still be in perfect relationship to the perfect purity and sinlessness of Christ.

Some who would look at me when I am like this would be quick to say how "unconverted" I am, but these are the ones who have no idea what being completely broken is. I do know; and I know it well:

Mic 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

The text is clear. Not while I am climbing out. Not when I am being "helped" out, not even after I get out; but while I am there, right there in the dark clouds of a broken spirit.

Picture the scene in Daniel 2. Would you rather be crushed by the Rock; or be "broken" upon it?

Truly, "the kingdom of God is within us."

That's why I loved the message of this song

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Thanks for that post overaged. It's very encouraging.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

We never know the pain and brokeness others have gone through, or are going through. The Bible says this

Quote:
Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1:

• Administrators

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise- Psalm 51:17

Even though we humans might be unfeeling and unsensitive to the suffering of others, God is not. He knows the heart!

I appreciate your post, Overaged

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Some who would look at me when I am like this would be quick to say how "unconverted" I am, but these are the ones who have no idea what being completely broken is. I do know; and I know it well:

Mic 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

The text is clear. Not while I am climbing out. Not when I am being "helped" out, not even after I get out; but while I am there, right there in the dark clouds of a broken spirit.

Picture the scene in Daniel 2. Would you rather be crushed by the Rock; or be "broken" upon it?

Truly, "the kingdom of God is within us."

That's why I loved the message of this song

I am unaware of any scripture that gives license to "others"

in determining where a person is in their relationship with Jesus and (hopefully)their eternal salvation. OTOH we are told to avoid those who do certain things, not necessarily to determine where they are in relationship to Christ, but to ensure we know what it is that can separate us from Christ if we ourselves pursue such a course.

It's interesting to note that the advice for total separation is advised for brother to brother as opposed to brother to heathen (unbeliever).

"When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”"1 Corinthians 5:9-13 NLT

"...then the man or woman who has committed such an evil act must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. But never put a person to death on the testimony of only one witness. There must always be two or three witnesses. The witnesses must throw the first stones, and then all the people may join in. In this way, you will purge the evil from among you."Deuteronomy 17:5-7 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Maria

Some of the things that break us the most are things totally out of our control. Death, injustice, sickness of loved ones.

Yes, I could not agree less with you Stan. Very true

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise- Psalm 51:17

Even though we humans might be unfeeling and unsensitive to the suffering of others, God is not. He knows the heart!

I appreciate your post, Overaged

Amen!!!

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

• Administrators

:)