ClubAdventist is back!

Superbowl Sabbath Ad

jen516

I accidentally ran across this website yesterday and I was so excited, but then I was saddened to see that there hadn't been enough pledges... and the superbowl is tomorrow. So, it's too late to have this happen this year. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this? I've often thought it was likely that in the last days the message would be broadcast over mainstream TV somehow, so many people could see it at once. And I've often wondered why there hasn't been a show, commercial, etc to broadcast our message over mainstream TV. Surely it could be done if enough people contributed to it.

http://www.goallpower.com/superbowl/?776

*~Jenniƒer~*

I agree 'nuff sed. But if rather than the Sabbath message ... it declared our love for Jesus ... then that would be worth it. People are not going to pay much attention to our declaration of the Sabbath in that short period of time. But, they could get the message that we love Jesus and even perhaps what we are doing to demonstrate it.

PS. I think it's notable that this thread is in World Affairs. How cool.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Read the script: http://goallpower.com/superbowl/commercial.php

No offense to anyone who is involved in this, but it's a terrible script. It's like if the Doritos Super Bowl commercial just had this guy saying, "I eat Doritos. They are made from corn. Sunday is for football!"

But even if they had a good script, there's still a good reason not to spend millions of dollars on this venture: nobody cares. Most people would just sort of raise their eyebrows and wonder what that weird thing with Jesus was about. They would not rush to check out the website. Nobody but Sabbatarians would care about the subject, and those very few who might become Sabbatarians because of this commercial would do it because they are naive and believe everything they see on TV.

Besides, they won't allow religious commercials anyway. They already rejected another religious commercial this year, which had a slightly better script than this.

Again, I don't want to offend anyone, I just think that this would be a waste of money.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

PS. I think it's notable that this thread is in World Affairs. How cool.

Well...I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum or not but I decided to just do it here since I wasn't sure. flower

*~Jenniƒer~*

I also had an afterthought that the superbowl ad probably wouldn't have much of an effect. I still think that we could reach so many more people if the message was broadcast over TV somehow. (I'm primarily referring to the highly developed nations, like the US, Europe, etc.)At the same time though, I feel like nobody will listen to any of it until we have major calamities and people are personally affected by them. Does anyone else feel this way?

Most of the time when I try to talk to non-Adventist Christians about Jesus return, they are not interested or they are afraid of it. Two people who are very close to me, are terrified of the last days. One is Catholic and one is Baptist. I don't really understand what the fear is about.

Do you think people just aren't ready to hear the message until a crisis comes?

*~Jenniƒer~*

• Administrators

Yep, I agree... And it seems that since Leo barely got a fraction of his goal, apparently there is a strong consensus that this is beyond lame, a huge waste of money and a really bad idea.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)