ClubAdventist is back!

Egypt

SivartM

http://lastoadri.com/blog/2011/02/06/2589

Quote:
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

On 21st of February 2010, and after watching an interview with Dr. ElBaradei on Dream2 TV station, I posted a video for the song “Dream with me” by Hamza Namira.. That day I dreamed to see my country free. Free from dictatorship, curroption, violance and humiliation. I believed the dream so much that I dedicated all my wishes to see a day when Egypt becomes the one I loved before seeing..

Today, I saw again the same song with fresh photos from the revolution. Our revolution.. I was suddenly trembling and shivering. I have not told anybody before that I am still in disbelief.. Despite living it minute by minute, and second by second for the past 12 days, I can’t believe what is happening. Sometimes I wake up and tell myself “I must be dreaming”. But it is not a dream anymore..

I have so much to say. So much to write to behold the memory, but words stand so small infront of what I am experiencing now.

These days I just knew how deeply I love Egypt, more than I thought I really do..

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• lazarus

• bonnie

• jasd

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Mubarak Gone! AJ reports!!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Mubarak Gone! AJ reports!!!!

Then what? Who takes over? Have you read the New York Tomes and other articles on the possibilities and who is involved?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

The president of Egypt did not go any place today.

For those of you who would like to know ...

I didn't go any place either.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: hch

I didn't go any place either.

I went someplace, but then I came back.

The reason I'm here is because I'm not all there.

But that's neither here nor there.

So there.

I went someplace, but then I came back.

So there.

As the king of the North has his attention drawn to the South (Egypt), East (Jordan), and to the Pleasant Land (Israel), he will make some moves that will move us.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

I didn't go any place either. I went someplace, but then I came back.

So there.

Where?

• Moderators

Seems like he is today!!!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Kudos to the Egyptian people for this incredible and largely peaceful revolution. Their hard work has just begun but its an awe-inspiring start.

Einstein

• Administrators

Kudos to the Egyptian people for this incredible and largely peaceful revolution. Their hard work has just begun but its an awe-inspiring start.

Yep! Thanks to the Egyptian young people, Islamic to boot.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

Yep! Thanks to the Egyptian young people, Islamic to boot.

Who is stepping in his place?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Democracy at work!!!!!!!Better known as "Mob rule"............Pray for Egypt...........They may find that Mubarak with all his faults would have been more acceptable than Shariah law....nuff sed

Democracy at work!!!!!!!Better known as "Mob rule"............Pray for Egypt...........They may find that Mubarak with all his faults would have been more acceptable than Shariah law....nuff sed

Sometimes the devil you know is a lot better than one you don't.

Everyone is hurrahing but over what? What comes next?

The promise of change sometimes brings more of the same or even worse

His child Henry 

• Administrators

Bonnie the information I have is that he has handed power to the army, so it may not be over yet for the Egyptians. We will see!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Just a tag on, not a reply to any one....

Is it possible for us not to think the worse? Can we not hope for the best in people? It is their country, we should not project out concept of freedom on them, we have not lived in their shoes.

I haven't read it for a long time but I think the bible disagrees. Pretty much a family fight without peace. Maybe for short periods but if memory serves me the middle east will never have peace.

Hoping for the best does not mean you ignore the obvious. I didn't know we were projecting anything on the Eygptians.This hs been going on quietly for some time,Obama has know for a year.Doesn't seem much ws done or projected

I haven't read it for a long time but I think the bible disagrees. Pretty much a family fight without peace. Maybe for short periods but if memory serves me the middle east will never have peace.

Hope for peace but prepare for Armageddon.

If this democratic reform gets hijacked or does not result in the reforms coming quickly, the whole region is a power keg.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

Is it possible for us not to think the worse? Can we not hope for the best in people? It is their country, we should not project out concept of freedom on them, we have not lived in their shoes.

thumbsupthumbsup

Einstein

Originally Posted By: CoAspen

thumbsupthumbsup

It is good to hope for the best, but when they say peace and safety then comes sudden destruction.

Pray that God's will be done grouphug

His child Henry 

• Moderators

Pray that God's will be done

God's will is being done by people freeing themselves from dictatorship. Its that simple. I'm enjoying their experience with them. They are entitled to celebrate like Romanians, East Germans, Americans, South Africans etc. It may turn sour but today is a day of celebration!!!!

Einstein

• Moderators

So who is next? Saudi Arabia? Yemen? Jordan? Israel?

Einstein

• Moderators

I'm all in favor of their having true democratic governments, but not dictatorships led by Islamists who will be in league with the al Qaeda. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm afraid the Muslim Brotherhood may end up governing Egypt.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.